Sarah and I are planning to stay at ASMo on 4/27.  The next morning, we hope to make rope drop at MK.  The snag is that we will be staying at FW that night with the WW.

Choice A is to first drive from ASMo to FW,, park in the overflow, then take the internal bus to the Marina, catch a boat to the Contemporary, then walk to MK to get there about 30 minutes before Rope Drop.  At the end of the day, we would take the boat to FW, then the bus to the overflow lot, get our stuff, then take a bus to the loop to join the WW.

Choice B would be to drive from ASMo to MK, take a tram from our parking area to TTC, ferry or monorail from TTC to MK to get there 30 minutes before rope drop.  At the end of the day, we would take a ferry or monorail back to TTC, tram to our parking area, then drive to FW, park in the overflow lot, then take a bus to our loop to join the WW.

Which would you do?  

How long would you allow in the morning from leaving the resort room to getting to rope drop?  

Is there another way to do this I have not thought of?

(I realize rope drop isn't for everyone, but we really love it and feel it helps us get our money's worth for our park tickets.)

8 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

OR, you could drive to the Fort, park in overflow (or my site), and I'll meet you with a cart and take you to the marina!!

At 7:30am?  Carol!  This is going to be your vacation.  Your REAL vacation.  Not those silly imitation "vacations", where you sit and work all day.  No reports to type, no conference calls, and NO EARLY MORNINGS!

:wub:

28 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Sarah and I are planning to stay at ASMo on 4/27.  The next morning, we hope to make rope drop at MK.  The snag is that we will be staying at FW that night with the WW.

Choice A is to first drive from ASMo to FW,, park in the overflow, then take the internal bus to the Marina, catch a boat to the Contemporary, then walk to MK to get there about 30 minutes before Rope Drop.  At the end of the day, we would take the boat to FW, then the bus to the overflow lot, get our stuff, then take a bus to the loop to join the WW.

Choice B would be to drive from ASMo to MK, take a tram from our parking area to TTC, ferry or monorail from TTC to MK to get there 30 minutes before rope drop.  At the end of the day, we would take a ferry or monorail back to TTC, tram to our parking area, then drive to FW, park in the overflow lot, then take a bus to our loop to join the WW.

Which would you do?  

How long would you allow in the morning from leaving the resort room to getting to rope drop?  

Is there another way to do this I have not thought of?

(I realize rope drop isn't for everyone, but we really love it and feel it helps us get our money's worth for our park tickets.)

Not sure what to do, but did you see the pictures of the rope drop from yesterday posted on the Disney Campers FB site?  Crowds were way before the security check lines.  Hope it's not as bad when you want to go.

21 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Hey, as long as I can ride you to the marina in my jammies, that's OK!!

Yes, you can wear your jammies!  Bonus points if we can drop our stuff at your site, which will hopefully be very close to Gretchen and Jen's sites.

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Not sure what to do, but did you see the pictures of the rope drop from yesterday posted on the Disney Campers FB site?  Crowds were way before the security check lines.  Hope it's not as bad when you want to go.

I am hoping it won't be too bad.  Kenny the Pirate has our date as Light Crowds, and easywdw says it will be a 4 out of 10.  

20 minutes ago, Travisma said:

For your sake I hope they are correct!  I was shocked at the picture from yesterday.

I wasnt. yesterday was the last day of Easter week and some of the breaks up here. A lot of people take the Monday off. Sil's break isnt till next week but most of the countries start to die out then. By end of April you should be fine. 

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

I didn't see that, but we got to the park about 11am and it was bat crap insane. I was shocked at the crowds.

And the lines.. 145 minutes for Space Mountain. ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY FIVE MINUTES.

I'd go to the Fort and either take the boat or take Carol up on her offer. That way when you are done for the day your car and stuff is all at the Fort waiting for you.

But then I guess it would also depend on how early you wanted to get up, if you drive to the MK you wouldn't have to be up and out of the room as early. But would then have to deal with transportation back to the parking lot and driving back to the Fort after a day in the park.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk