Probably to my own detriment, I'm not going to worry about it.  50 weeks out of every year, I worry about the nickels and dimes.  The other two weeks......well.......comfort and happiness rule the day. >:D

Im the same way when we vacation - I don't care what it costs if it makes me (uh - I mean us) happy.

Probably to my own detriment, I'm not going to worry about it.  50 weeks out of every year, I worry about the nickels and dimes.  The other two weeks......well.......comfort and happiness rule the day. :)

Im the same way when we vacation - I don't care what it costs if it makes me (uh - I mean us) happy.

Hey, if Mama's happy, everybody's happy... :heart:

This is why we are bringing our popup to the Stone Mountain Grand Gathering instead of our Class A Diesel.  800 bucks in just fuel is beyond reasonable for a 3 day weekend.

Now, if we can find a cheap way for Lorna and Rich to get up there, we'll be GOLDEN!!!!

Thanks Carol, I have been talking to Jen and it looks like we are coming without the MH and going to stay in a pop-up. Now mind u I only have tent camped 2x in my life and I was 20. I am not like most who went from a tent to a pop-up to a tt to a MH. We went right to the MH!!!!! I told Rich I could do it, and all he did was  :parrot:.

I just have to figure out how to take everything that in the MH in my car. But it's worth it to be with fiends.  :banana:

Our trip to FW is only 4 weeks from today...I'm afraid to calculate the cost of diesel for our trip...it might make DH have second thoughts!

Don't tell him till you are half way there. :parrot: I have started a gas fund and am cutting out some of the silly stuff that I won't miss anyway. Small sacrifice for a trip to the Fort. :banana:

Our trip to FW is only 4 weeks from today...I'm afraid to calculate the cost of diesel for our trip...it might make DH have second thoughts!

Don't tell him till you are half way there. :rofl2: I have started a gas fund and am cutting out some of the silly stuff that I won't miss anyway. Small sacrifice for a trip to the Fort. :banana:

He has to go for work anyway! They pay .51/mile for mileage so that's a chunk of money that we figured we'd be able to pay for the fuel and have some spending money left but the way it's going, I'm going to have to set more aside for spending!

Don't tell him till you are half way there. :rofl2: I have started a gas fund and am cutting out some of the silly stuff that I won't miss anyway. Small sacrifice for a trip to the Fort. :banana:

He has to go for work anyway! They pay .51/mile for mileage so that's a chunk of money that we figured we'd be able to pay for the fuel and have some spending money left but the way it's going, I'm going to have to set more aside for spending!

Well good. Just make sure you have a good time. I will be here feeling jealous :rofl2:

Thanks Carol, I have been talking to Jen and it looks like we are coming without the MH and going to stay in a pop-up. Now mind u I only have tent camped 2x in my life and I was 20. I am not like most who went from a tent to a pop-up to a tt to a MH. We went right to the MH!!!!! I told Rich I could do it, and all he did was  :rofl2:.

I just have to figure out how to take everything that in the MH in my car. But it's worth it to be with fiends.  :banana:

Cool!!!  If there is anything any of the Florida folks need, just let us know!!  Does anybody need a tent/airmattress and a first up shelter setup for an extra kid or two??  Can throw one in the truck if necessary!!

Are there ant sites still available for the SMGG?

Maybe you should post this in the SMGG thread, here http://fortfiends.net/forum/index.php?topic=93.msg37014#msg37014 that way someone who knows about the GG will be sure to see it!

Just so you know, you have to be a member to see the Grand Gatherings threads.  Please sign up if you are not a member.

This has been a public service announcement.