5 Security Changes Happening at Disney Parks

Thanks to this post by Theme Park Tourist, here are the latest news tidbits on what is going on at the parks about security and what you need to know if you are going soon or in the future.

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20160615/32008/security-changes-disney-parks

5 Security Changes Happening Now at Disney Parks

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-13%20at%201.23.4

In the past year, Disney parks have gone through some massive changes in an effort to keep guests at their theme parks, hotels, and shopping areas as safe as possible. Last year saw the implementation of metal detectors at the front gates of every Disney park (both at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort), and last December, days after gun-related violence in San Bernardino made national headlines, Disney banned toy guns as well as adult costumes at all of its parks and resorts nationwide. 

It has only been a few days since the horrific violence in Orlando stunned the nation, but Disney has been quick to act in response, and has implemented sweeping long-term security changes at both Walt Disney World as well as Disneyland Resort that will impact all visitors this summer and beyond. Though you won’t notice all of these changes the next time you visit (and rest assured, that's by design), here are all the ways that Disney is doing its best to ensure the continued safety of visitors to Disney parks in the US this summer and beyond. 

The rest of the article is in the link.

We were camping at the Fort from Wednesday to Monday (yesterday).  We went to Epcot, Studios and Magic kingdom.  I had to go through the metal detector at every entry.  I did notice that just about everybody walking through the no bag line had to go through the detectors.  A good percentage of those with bags did as well, just not as many.  The attitudes of security as well as the guests were great.

At Disney Springs, during our walk from the bus stop to Earl of Sandwich, we passed 11 Orange County deputies in uniform.  Who knows how many plain clothes security were there.

It's necessary to have all these security updates, but they don't come cheap. 

Look for even more price increases in the future to pay for these changes.

I'm just thinking how sad it is that our country is such a far cry from what it used to be.  In some ways, the nut- jobs and terrorists out there have won a great victory.  Never again will we have the same freedoms that we once enjoyed.

When we went to the movie the other day they had the typical silence you cell phone, don't talk, etc. the it said in case of emergency proceed to the closest exit and move far away from the building. I don't ever remember hearing "far away from the building" before. Scary

11 hours ago, Beckers said:

When we went to the movie the other day they had the typical silence you cell phone, don't talk, etc. the it said in case of emergency proceed to the closest exit and move far away from the building. I don't ever remember hearing "far away from the building" before. Scary

:( 

15 hours ago, southernview -- Ray said:

Never again will we have the same freedoms that we once enjoyed.

True...