Good Morning!   I'm new around here. My family will be bringing our pop-up to the fort in September for the first time.   I spent most vacations in our camper at FW growing up, though, so I have a lot of general familiarity.  My husband and I have been bringing our 3DDs at least once a year since birth, sometimes on property and sometimes off.  I was also a college programmer.  So,  I have a large body of WDW knowledge,  but I am really excited about growing my FW knowledge! 

My first question is about morning boats to MK.  We have a pre-RD BOG ADR. I despise driving to MK.  Will the boats be running that early from the fort?

Your best bet is to take a resort boat to the Contemporary.  I believe those start running at 6:30a.  Then you can either take the monorail to MK, which will mean going around most of the loop, with all the stops, or you can just walk over to MK from the Contemporary.  

Editting to clarify:  The boats from FW to MK start running 30 minutes before the stated park opening time.

Thanks so much!  I hadn't thought about the boat to CR running that early!  We are daily rope droppers, so it looks like even our non-breakfast morning we will need to do this!  

I'm not a huge fan of the CR theming, but that walk to MK sure is nice and easy! 

Thanks again! 

46 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Your best bet is to take a resort boat to the Contemporary.  I believe those start running at 6:30a.  

20 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Marty is right the resort boats start at 6:30 and will take you to the Contemporary. I'm not sue what time the monorail starts running, but the walk is not to bad.

So close!

3614291_zpsf0f9f99c.jpg

It's 6:45.

But, Marty gets half credit for getting the MK boat start time correct:

3614292_zps759d4f6c.jpg

And yes- they do adjust that time for Extra Magic Hours.

TCD

28 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Good morning and WELCOME!

Marty is right the resort boats start at 6:30 and will take you to the Contemporary. I'm not sue what time the monorail starts running, but the walk is not to bad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome! (& the info! )

So close!

3614291_zpsf0f9f99c.jpg

It's 6:45.

But, Marty gets half credit for getting the MK boat start time correct:

3614292_zps759d4f6c.jpg

And yes- they do adjust that time for Extra Magic Hours.

TCD

We were giving them an early start so they could be first in line. Haha.

I could have swore it was 630 but thanks for the correction. I not ever up early enough for it to matter. My biggest concern is when they stop running.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is from the booklet they give us at check in on 6/28

Magic Kingdom Park boat service is available 30 minutes( including extra magic hour mornings) before the park opens to approx. 60 minutes after park closes... weather permitting

Boat service between Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, and the Contemporary is available from 6:45am to 11:30pm.

6 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Welcome! I swear I caught one of those boats at 6:30 for a 7AM EMH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they run early sometimes as we've caught one that arrived before 6:45. My guess is the Captain was ready to go so he went.