It's Hot, Hot, HOT!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This tiger was asleep on its back and suddenly woke up and looked directly at me!

I've been coming by both of your sites but haven't been able to catch either of you at home.  Maybe one day soon!

Storm last night was a big one, but my trusty old Coleman Bayside Pop-up handled it with style...I just love the sound of rain on the canvas! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thursday, 9/22:

RealFeel today was 103.  Again, it was hot, hot, hot!  Again we went to the Magic Kingdom.  Rode Buzz (I beat David for a change!), PeopleMover, PoTC, and saw Philharmagic. We also saw the Festival of Fantasy parade, but I wasn't in a good spot for great pictures.

I did get some decent shots in PoTC that I'd like to share with you.

DSC_3226-2_zpsvoqfzpvw.jpg

DSC_3236%20copy_zpsl7dftsqo.jpg

DSC_3243_zps6nf77dvk.jpg

DSC_3250%20copy_zpsij3iio0r.jpg

DSC_3256_zpsiqe4fmku.jpg

DSC_3268-2_zpsgzcfdlwo.jpg

DSC_3278_zpsdle5mp3w.jpg

While waiting for the FoF parade I saw this guy.  That must be one heavy hat!

DSC_3294_zpsg1yie4sh.jpg

Like I said, I wasn't in a good spot for parade photos.  I was too close to the floats.

DSC_3335_zpswqpsfwzm.jpg

DSC_3354_zps7yxbzi7f.jpg

DSC_3382_zpsbcwzfujl.jpg

DSC_3418_zpsya7gpvsp.jpg

We came home, went looping for awhile, and then went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner.

Around 9pm the power went out all over the fort.  It came home about midnight.  It was hot.

Friday, 9/23:

Today after I cooked breakfast we went to DHS.  Had a FP+ for TSMM and used it.  Then the park was so crowded that we left.  We drove over to Old Key West because we'd never seen it before.  We were both underwhelmed.  Just didn't like anything about it.

David had wanted to go to World of Disney, so we drove over there.  Had lunch at D-Luxe Burger, where we split a burger and fries.

Then came home and went looping with NaCole, Simon, and her children.

I hope tonight is quiet!

29 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Today after I cooked breakfast we went to DHS.  Had a FP+ for TSMM and used it.  Then the park was so crowded that we left.  We drove over to Old Key West because we'd never seen it before.  We were both underwhelmed.  Just didn't like anything about it.

David had wanted to go to World of Disney, so we drove over there.  Had lunch at D-Luxe Burger, where we split a burger and fries.

Then came home and went looping with NaCole, Simon, and her children.

I hope tonight is quiet!

Splitting a D-Luxe burger sounds like a good idea.  How did you like Sweet Tomatoes?

I hope tonight is cool for you and the rest of the fort.

2 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Splitting a D-Luxe burger sounds like a good idea.  How did you like Sweet Tomatoes?

I hope tonight is cool for you and the rest of the fort.

We both had plenty to eat at D-Luxe Burger!  I really like Sweet Tomatoes -- have been there before.  David liked it too.  Before we went there, he was complaining about the lack of meat.  I told him if he wasn't full he could stop at McDonald's on the corner on the way out.  He didn't stop.

I just hope the power stays on tonight.

2 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We both had plenty to eat at D-Luxe Burger!  I really like Sweet Tomatoes -- have been there before.  David liked it too.  Before we went there, he was complaining about the lack of meat.  I told him if he wasn't full he could stop at McDonald's on the corner on the way out.  He didn't stop.

I just hope the power stays on tonight.

:lol:

13 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Bet it would take a pretty stiff breeze to blow that off his head.

DSC_3294_zpsg1yie4sh.jpg

They wear hats with beads hanging on them to keep biting flies off in back country in Australia, might work for yellow flies and mosquitoes.

11 hours ago, BigTom said:

They wear hats with beads hanging on them to keep biting flies off in back country in Australia, might work for yellow flies and mosquitoes.

Maybe the yellow flies and mosquitoes don't like the metal in the keychains.

Saturday, 9/24:

This morning we went out to breakfast offsite and then went to EPCOT.  Touringplans.com said EPCOT would be a 3.  We knew that wouldn't be true.

We visited the Seas

DSC_3527%20copy_zpscsv8gsny.jpg

DSC_3539%20copy_zpsmityhig0.jpg

and then Journey into Imagination.  At 11:00 Journey had a 20 minute standby!  Yep, the park is a 3 ... right ...

DSC_3593%20copy_zpskmcof5ob.jpg

We decided to venture out into WS but only got as far as McDonald's.  The crowd was so heavy that I could barely maneuver my ECV through it.  We turned around and left.

Then we decided to resort hop.  We went to All Stars because neither of us had ever seen them.  Next up was Art of Animation, then Pop Century.  We have now seen all the resorts.

We got back to the Fort and went to TE to refill our mugs.  When we got back NaCole's daughter had noticed we went out on the golf cart without her, and she wasn't happy ... she is so sweet.  Seriously, her kids are so smart, so well-mannered, so lovable.  We took them out later for a brief cart ride.

After cooking dinner I collapsed.  I've done too much walking and standing the past few days, and I can't get my pain levels under control.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We got back to the Fort and went to TE to refill our mugs.  When we got back NaCole's daughter had noticed we went out on the golf cart without her, and she wasn't happy ... she is so sweet.  Seriously, her kids are so smart, so well-mannered, so lovable.  We took them out later for a brief cart ride.

Thank you for being so gracious....they have both really taken to you and David; and it's not just because of the cart ☺️

Sunday, 9/25:

Another MK day.  Finally I was able to get a photo of the castle with the crane in position so that I could Photoshop it out:

DSC_3617%20copy_zpsepz9le8z.jpg

We visited a few attractions.

DSC_3626%20copy_zpsvvdmy0s1.jpg

DSC_3630%20copy_zpsazr3aic7.jpg

DSC_3642%20copy_zpsaibtok0z.jpg

DSC_3685_zpse1amlz4l.jpg

DSC_3700_zpsmhmqwmrf.jpg

The park was really crowded.  We spent most of our time just walking around and soaking in the atmosphere.

We got hot dogs and fries at Casey's.  I had their version of the Southern Smothered Hot Dog -- not quite as good as the one at the Meadow pool.

DSC_3708%20copy_zpsv9jl9hkt.jpg

We came back to the Fort right after lunch.  It was another really hot day.  Too hot to stay in the park in the afternoon sun.  

Went looping with NaCole, Simon, and her children again to cool off.

DSC_3733%20copy_zpsjftlyb9c.jpg

I cooked dinner, and we called it an evening.

Today ended up being a fort day.  We went out to breakfast this morning, visited the Disney outlet again, made our yearly trip to Camping World, bought groceries, etc.  We planned to go over to Animal Kingdom when we got back.

And then it started thundering.  I suggested that we hold off on leaving for awhile to see what the weather would do.  Soon it started pouring rain.  And the thunder and lightning intensified.  So we stayed in and decided to go to the Magic Kingdom later.

Meanwhile we had lunch about 5:00 and as we were finishing Gretchen and Bill came by for a visit.  The rain had stopped.   So after they left we packed up and started out the door to leave for MK, and it started raining again.  It's been raining off and on for an hour, and David wants to be back in time to watch the presidential debate, so we're staying in.  :(

Tuesday, 9/27:

I have given up on posting pictures while we're here.  The last few days, I can only get Photobucket to cooperate around 5am.  Too early while I'm on vacation!

Today we went to EPCOT to have lunch at Biergarten.  I really like it there, David not as much.  He thinks it's too expensive for what they serve.  What can I say?  It's Disney.

We watched a performance by Voices of Liberty.  They have quite a few new people in their group but were as good as always.  Then when we left a thunderstorm started.  We waited for quite awhile for the rain to slack up.

Then we did something we haven't done in 30+ years.  We watched Impressions de France.  It was really good.  Don't know if it's the original film or whether it's been updated.

Got back to the Fort in time for David to blow off the top of the motorhome before dark.  He has to do it about once a week because of all the droppings from the trees.

Am getting sad.  One week from now we'll be packing to go home.  It seems like we just got here.  I know we are incredibly blessed to spend a month at the Fort.   But it's never enough time.  In the next week we'll be trying to cram in everything on our to do list that we haven't had time for yet.  I big wish is that one day we can stay at the Fort long enough to get tired of it.  Maybe winter here.   

Good evening, all.