Any bets on a string of lights out on the main tree near trails end?

21 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

Here are my kids posing for their annual picture by the fort tree.  Still hoping it will magically appear 

8ADF7C1B-E9A2-4128-8F14-8D7E2C10D92B.jpg

That's funny, but not funny.

What the Fort?

Where's the tree?

I stopped by Wilderness Lodge yesterday, and none of their decorations are up yet.  Hopefully our tree is on their truck?

But, honestly, I have a bad feeling about this.  They bring in a lift to hang all of the decorations on Pioneer Hall, and they have always used that lift to assemble the big Christmas tree at the same time.  I imagine that lift is moved from resort to resort, and has a tight schedule.  If they didn't put it up with the rest of the decorations, they may not bother coming back.

TCD

8 minutes ago, Classact....Mike said:

Tree went up on or about Nov 19 last year. The garland and other decor was up a week or so ahead. The thread subject asks "any bets....?" Why yes, I'll wager a Mickey's Premium Ice Cream bar it goes up this week.

Well, that gives me some hope.

In the years I've been there at decoration time, all the Settlement decorations were done on the same night.  They were all wheeled off the same truck, and they got them up and moved on to the next resort.

If the tree went up separately last year (I wasn't there), then hopefully it will go up separately this year too.

TCD

23 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

I will keep you all posted. If it's going up, I would think it would be up by Thursday 

Thanks!  Hopefully you get to retake that photo soon!

20 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Isn't there an official over/under on this yet?

My money is on Friday night.

27 minutes ago, Specularius said:

But, is the string of lights out? That is the initial question.

Ah yes but in true Fiendish fashion the thread has shifted to much weightier concerns such as, "is the tree even going up this year". But if we must shift this thread back to the string of lights, I'm personally hoping beyond hope that the string of lights will still be out just to watch to ensuing conversation it will spur!