• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way to go, Discamper! This thread is not only informative and amusing, but has gotten lots of newbies involved! Here is my helpful advice: When traveling with many young campers, it is very helpful

I second that! We have the pop up gizmos on our hybrid and not only do they help with heat/cooling but also keeps canvas clean. Also if your pup or hybrid has privacy curtains on the beds, it helps to

If you're going to be at the Fort for a week or more & didn't bring bikes with you (and you want to bike ride), don't rent bikes from the Fort.  Go to Wal-Mart & buy a cheap one. When you're d

If Pepsi products are your preferred beverage, you HAVE to get them off property.  None sold at all, not even at the Hess stations!!!

No chewing gum is sold in Disney property either.

If you want to try your hand at the Florida Lottery while at Disney - you have to go off property to buy tickets.  None are sold on Disney property.

Now, if you want a quick, cheap, and okay pizza, go to the Hess at DTD. They sell Godfather's Pizza for (IIRC) $6.00 for a pepperoni. It's not bad for a $6 pizza.

If you take an evening stroll on the walkway on the lake from Westside to Pleasure Island (behind the shops) you might see an otter or two.  If you go to the Hess at DTD on the opposite side of the road leading into the Hess there is a small retention pond. You might just see a couple of otters there, too!

No cans of MONSTER on the property either (at least not in 2008).  Our son is a huge fan of that floursescent green, foul smelling beverage and could not find that or Mountain Dew.

Also - could not find a condolence/sympathy card on property when we were there.  Hopefully you never have the need for that at the Happiest Place in the World, but you never know.

There is no self serve beverage station at the Meadows Pool Snack Bar, but if you show your refillable mug to the CM behind the counter when they are open, they will give you the drink of your choice in a regular disposable cup. 

Theoretically, your family could each take turns taking the same mug up to the counter and getting a drink.  I do not condone this as it is clearly bending the refillable mug rules.  And I don't know how I know this is a possibility.  Really, I don't.  :rofl2:

Bring a broom and a door mat! The shells are awful!

We're pretty much always on 300 - preferred loop, decent sized coquina pad.

We put a mat inside and outside the door, and those stair wrap astro-turf things on the steps.

Still swept shells and cypress needles out of the TT every. single. day.

This year we're taking the long mat (9'x20') and covering as much of the coquina as we can. I'd rather walk on paved pad than track pounds of that into the camper.

...or you could just pay extra for Premium and no shells.  :rofl2:

There is no self serve beverage station at the Meadows Pool Snack Bar, but if you show your refillable mug to the CM behind the counter when they are open, they will give you the drink of your choice in a regular disposable cup. 

Theoretically, your family could each take turns taking the same mug up to the counter and getting a drink.  I do not condone this as it is clearly bending the refillable mug rules.  And I don't know how I know this is a possibility.  Really, I don't.  :D

The cm's have been told that they are only to refill the current refillable mugs, however you may still go to the settlement and use the others.

Theoretically, your family could each take turns taking the same mug up to the counter and getting a drink.  I do not condone this as it is clearly bending the refillable mug rules.  And I don't know how I know this is a possibility.  Really, I don't.  :banana:

The cm's have been told that they are only to refill the current refillable mugs, however you may still go to the settlement and use the others.

This is most certainly true.  However, if you have an original "lifetime" mug (the one that does not have the disclaimer about length of stay) they will fill that too.  I had one CM give me a hard time about it until the CM was by the told by the "CM In Charge" that there were indeed lifetime mugs sold at one time.  This was a very long time ago, as I bought my first mug in the early 80's.  However, I always buy the current mugs, too.  I'm very thankful that they went to one mug for all resorts.  I would spend a fortune on mugs for  each resort.

The cm at the meadows told me that they were told not to fill the lifetime mugs I quickly told her that if my friend with her mug showed up, they had better or they were going to get an earful! :banana:

Guess which friend I was talking about?:rofl2:?

The cm at the meadows told me that they were told not to fill the lifetime mugs I quickly told her that if my friend with her mug showed up, they had better or they were going to get an earful! :banana:

Guess which friend I was talking about?:rofl2:?

I wouldn't have a clue.

Hey - I got your message & I'll give you a call tomorrow afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any tips for skeeter issues at the fort??? I really don't want to be bit up!! LOL

I have used a Thermacell for years . Its a small butane operated mosquito repelling device that clears a 15-20' area.I have bought them at Walmart Homedepot Basspro and on the Thermacell web sight

I have used a Thermacell for years . Its a small butane operated mosquito repelling device that clears a 15-20' area.I have bought them at Walmart Homedepot Basspro and on the Thermacell web sight

Do they keep away the dreaded Yaller Flies??? If so, this is the "you've gotta get one" product of the century!! :banana:

Yeah, I would love an answer to that question. My neighbor is going to wonder what the hell I am up to now painting beach balls black tomorrow. First it was green flamingos, then purple flamingos, now black beach balls. He knows I have lost my mind, now he is going to want to have me committed. I told him I teach school, that should have explained it. :rofl2: