Check the PSI on your tire and tire before every time you go on a trip. I hope the Board make is a page or so everyone can see it. Today I was checking on my TT and I saw a TT coming back not good. The right side had a Tire blowout taking out the finder and some of the side of the TT and it also took out the mounting bracket and the upright of the awning. So check our tires all the time.

We learned that the hard way. :(

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way to go, Discamper! This thread is not only informative and amusing, but has gotten lots of newbies involved! Here is my helpful advice: When traveling with many young campers, it is very helpful

I second that! We have the pop up gizmos on our hybrid and not only do they help with heat/cooling but also keeps canvas clean. Also if your pup or hybrid has privacy curtains on the beds, it helps to

If you're going to be at the Fort for a week or more & didn't bring bikes with you (and you want to bike ride), don't rent bikes from the Fort.  Go to Wal-Mart & buy a cheap one. When you're d

• 3 weeks later...

Way to go, Discamper! This thread is not only informative and amusing, but has gotten lots of newbies involved!

Here is my helpful advice: When traveling with many young campers, it is very helpful to dress them all in the same color shirt each day. It makes spotting the one who is wandering off much easier. If you dress in the same color as well, helpful stranger will point out the wanderer to you.

Before we leave, I decide what color shirt we will wear each day. I then coordinate each persons outfits for the whole trip. (Yes, annoying, but it saves time later and also avoids red shorts with an orange shirt. LOL) Then I put all the clothes for each person for each day in separate plastic bags (I save the ones from the grocery store), remembering to add underwear, socks, etc. Then I pack each persons bags in their individual suitcase, with the top bag containing their pjs. The first night, they take off their travel clothes, put on their pjs, and put the dirty clothes in the empty bag. The next morning, i tell them the color ofthe day, they find that bag, get dressed, and put their pj's in that bag for that night. Quick and easy, which makes my vacation more relaxed.

Also, before you head out for the park each day, take individual pictures of each child. If for some reason the child needs to be found, you have a picture of how the child was dressed that day.

Way to go, Discamper! This thread is not only informative and amusing, but has gotten lots of newbies involved!

Here is my helpful advice: When traveling with many young campers, it is very helpful to dress them all in the same color shirt each day. It makes spotting the one who is wandering off much easier. If you dress in the same color as well, helpful stranger will point out the wanderer to you.

Before we leave, I decide what color shirt we will wear each day. I then coordinate each persons outfits for the whole trip. (Yes, annoying, but it saves time later and also avoids red shorts with an orange shirt. LOL) Then I put all the clothes for each person for each day in separate plastic bags (I save the ones from the grocery store), remembering to add underwear, socks, etc. Then I pack each persons bags in their individual suitcase, with the top bag containing their pjs. The first night, they take off their travel clothes, put on their pjs, and put the dirty clothes in the empty bag. The next morning, i tell them the color ofthe day, they find that bag, get dressed, and put their pj's in that bag for that night. Quick and easy, which makes my vacation more relaxed.

Also, before you head out for the park each day, take individual pictures of each child. If for some reason the child needs to be found, you have a picture of how the child was dressed that day.

Thank you and vary good info

Marty I followed your advice last trip and your right, it was a breeze keeping up with the 6 of them :)

well.. as easy as keeping of with 6 kids at disney can be :)

• 4 months later...

If you live in the south Like Florida check your skylights. Here in FL we have had 3 days of heavy rain. So when I was checking on my TT today I found water in the inter liner of my skylight. Knowing I Eternabond all the seams I had a felling the water was not coming from there. When I got on the roof to check it out I found that all four corners were cracked to the center. After talking to my RV repair guy he told me if you live in Fl or really anywhere you should replace the outer shell of your skylight every 2-3 years. So I filled the crack with silicone and will replace it in a few weeks. The heavey rain cracked the plastic because the sun broke down the placsic. He said the sun and snow is worse because of the Wt rain just cracks it , but the Wt of the snow breaks pieces off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gang - at Todd's suggestion, I've taken this thread and turned it into an Info page..

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/helpful-tips-and-information-r262

Feel free to keep posting stuff here and I'll keep updating the page as it goes on.

Thanks for the suggestion Todd, and for starting this thread!

Don't depend on your truck jack to be able to change a TT tire. It may not be strong enough (depends what you're pulling) or it may not lift high enough. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone called work needing assistance because they had a spare, but not a jack that would work. (or, God forbid...not the right size lug wrench) I would have...well...a lot of dollars.

A good, dependable jack and correct lug wrench will always be cheaper than roadside assistance along the interstate.

If you buy a balloon and it shrinks or pops, don't throw it away. You can take it back to the park and they'll happily exchange it for a fresh one. With the price of WDW balloons, this makes biting the bullet balloon a bit less painful.