Post Your Pictures From the Fort Here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lucky day for us at the Fort.  A Gator in the wild.  Well in the pond between the 600 loop and the pool area.  Took several pics of this guy.  He ate well.  They fed him a ton of marshmallows trying to get him to come closer.  He was too smart for them.... :rofl2:

post-35-130444190303_thumb.jpg

1226034962_1cffedfdbf-1.jpg

During the 1970s, Fort Wilderness guests did not have to go past the edge of their campsite for grocery supplies. Two FOT's (Funny Old Trucks) traveled from site to site each morning and evening, selling fruits and vegetables, bakery goods, milk and the like from built-in racks and crates. One truck was made from parts of several other vehicles. The other was an actual antique: a 1928 Double A Ford. Guests knew the trucks were coming by the sounds of an old "ah-ooo-gah" car horn or a cowbell clanging.

I thought that was your camper. I almost posted is that Bob?:banana:?

naw, that can't be me, I don't have a tackle box with me when I am that close to the TT and I don't wear my shorts that long. I think I may be just a little rounder than that lol.