Coleman Road Trip baby!!!!!  Love it!!!  We use the griddle part for pancakes and bacon/sausage so we don't smell up the camper.  We use the open grates for steaks, dogs, burgers etc, usually the little bottle will last the whole trip, and it has the tray you fill with water underneath that catches most of the drippings etc.  We clean it best we can at the campsite, stick it in the back storage compartment, and pressure wash it when we get home, it is nice and clean then!!

IF you like shiny, then get the Paul Jr. designed one that he added aluminum diamond plate too etc, it is nice and shiny!!!

Coleman Road Trip baby!!!!!  Love it!!!  We use the griddle part for pancakes and bacon/sausage so we don't smell up the camper.  We use the open grates for steaks, dogs, burgers etc, usually the little bottle will last the whole trip, and it has the tray you fill with water underneath that catches most of the drippings etc.  We clean it best we can at the campsite, stick it in the back storage compartment, and pressure wash it when we get home, it is nice and clean then!!

IF you like shiny, then get the Paul Jr. designed one that he added aluminum diamond plate too etc, it is nice and shiny!!!

Do you have any problem regulating the temp on the Road Trip?  Hubby likes to grill low and slow.  So will the burners regulate tot that?

:banana:

It's a pretty well known fact that the heat from the grill combined with the ambient summer temperature causes rapid dehydration.  Hydrating is very important when grilling.

99% of the time we just use the charcoal grill available at the campground, however if I know we will be grilling, I pick up these disposable aluminum grill sheets.  If the grill is really nasty, we can place it on the grids, or if the bottom is rusted out, we can place one under the coals.

I tried that this last camping trip to Assateague Island, but the grill is on the fire ring near ground level.  With all the high winds and nearby sand dunes I forgot about the way that would add a nice little layer of sand to the chicken  :banana:

251.jpg

I meant to add, I am a huge fan of charcoal so we usually use either our Weber kettle grill or a Weber Smokey Joe (a smaller table top version). 

I found the secret to lighting the charcoal is to use the charcoal chimney with the newspaper underneath to get it started, but this does require a frosty adult beverage and a comfortable chair while supervising. 

s7_519057_999_02?rgn=0,0,1961,1961&scl=5.160526315789474&fmt=jpeg&id=2Jcc97lad1tsMnHBWhAREZ

Stainless steel, folds up, nice and compact. Handles 6 burgers at a time.  We use the small propane cylinders.

That looks like ours befor the grease fire my first time using it. Not so shiny. I just can't cook on the stupid thing so I prefer charcoal.  DH always complains that I never use it.  I tell him when you want to cook on it you can use it. For me it's charcoal.

Don't forget to add lost of $$$$ to the price as well :rofl2:
  • 2 weeks later...

I too am a Weber Man. I bought a Smokey Joe Gold last summer and it is the only Weber that I have ever been disappointed in! The way it is designed the charcoal goes out and it dose not hold heat. The only cool thing about the Gold model is the handle is used to lock down the lid or to hold the lid when it is open and in use.I would not wast my money on the Smokey Joe Gold but spend less on the Silver noddle instead

I too am a Weber Man. I bought a Smokey Joe Gold last summer and it is the only Weber that I have ever been disappointed in! The way it is designed the charcoal goes out and it dose not hold heat. The only cool thing about the Gold model is the handle is used to lock down the lid or to hold the lid when it is open and in use.I would not wast my money on the Smokey Joe Gold but spend less on the Silver noddle instead

I notice you are from Tally, we are almost neighbors! Just a 45 minute drive for me, we have to do most everything over there.

I notice you are from Tally, we are almost neighbors! Just a 45 minute drive for me, we have to do most everything over there.

Thats pretty cool I was wondering if there any Fiends in our area!