Is Brazil the New Country Coming to EPCOT?

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I was corrected by an old cranky guy. 

That they pavilions are. It paid for by the countries they represent. 

Morocco was the exception not the rule. 

I'm glad Lou set you straight. 

If Brazil was expected to pay, my understanding is that their economy is in no shape to be funding an Epcot pavilion. 

TCD

47 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

If Brazil was expected to pay, my understanding is that their economy is in no shape to be funding an Epcot pavilion. 

TCD

Perhaps if they default on the bonds that paid for the dilapidated Olympic facilities and the unused light rail extensions into drug infested slums, they could swing a pavilion.  

32 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Perhaps if they default on the bonds that paid for the dilapidated Olympic facilities and the unused light rail extensions into drug infested slums, they could swing a pavilion.  

I wonder if they will go for reality by providing armed bodyguards and drivers like my company use to do when I had to visit our plant in Rio? 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

But if they follow American cities that go into debt for 200 years to keep or get a major sports franchise, they are already sending Disney boatloads of $$ to start construction! :ROFLMAO-1:

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Yeah the cranky old guy enjoys telling me I’m wrong. Lol.  

But having the country pay for the pavilion wouldn’t be a bad way for Disney to get a new pavilion.   

All Disney has to do is come up with a movie based in a foreign country. If the movie is really successful,  like frozen was. Tourism would increase in that country. Just like it has at the Norway pavilion and the country of Norway.    But would the cost of building a pavilion justify the increase in tourism?

At the risk of being Politically Incorrect (perhaps even "snarky"...LOL) I will repeat myself:

Disney needs to build a new Park in Brazil, not build a Brazil Land in Epcot.

(at least at first, after all there are Parks in France, Japan, China and there are corresponding Lands in Epcot)

There's clearly a demand by Brazilians for Disney, so pursue the demand at it's source....

6 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

At the risk of being Politically Incorrect (perhaps even "snarky"...LOL) I will repeat myself:

Disney needs to build a new Park in Brazil, not build a Brazil Land in Epcot.

(at least at first, after all there are Parks in France, Japan, China and there are corresponding Lands in Epcot)

There's clearly a demand by Brazilians for Disney, so pursue the demand at it's source....

I've said that numerous times, they need to build one in Brazil or somewhere else in S. America.