Crazy things you have seen at the Fort

This was on the 300 loop in November.  These folks had at least 2 sites - one which had no TT on it, just a string of tables, coolers, chairs and popups.

The festivities overflowed out onto the 300 dog walk...

5211731473_e4b629712a_z.jpg

Check out the right edge of the pic - you can see some of the coolers/pots.  There had to have been at least 15 coolers stacked up - of varying sizes.

Amazingly, one morning it all just VANISHED!

Even more amazingly, aside from a few stray kids playing in the street, these folks were quiet and respectful of their neighbors.  They clearly had a heck of a gathering, but we never heard a sound. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Avatab! MB, how could you doubt ME??  :) The boys spent all weekend trying to figure out how it goes on and off?! There is some kind of a pully system on the front and back of boat, and a winch on the front of the jeep, but don' t know exactly how it works. We thought it was cool because that little boat had a 60hp motor on it!!

300 loop-Jan. 2011 COOL!

wdwjan2011007.jpg

Did you ever figure out how it works (get the boat down) ?

I know you tie one end of a heavy rope to the tree behind the jeep and the other end to the trailer.  Unbolt the trailer from the jeep and then floor it.  When the slack in the rope runs out the trailer should automagicly come off the top of the jeep!

MB, how could you doubt ME?

Nah, I wouldn't doubt you Stef.

I did figure out how they unload it though. They drive the jeep into the water until it's submerged and the boat just floats off the roof. Reverse the process to put it back on, simple.

Doh!  Of course!!  Its a Jeep!  I shoulda figured that out,  we have one for our toad...  :shh:

You guys need to put your thinking caps on...  With a center of gravity as high as that is, all you would have to do is unstrap it and then take it out and make a really quick sharp turn. Tada!!!!  The whole thing will flip on its side and the boat is off!!!

all you would have to do is unstrap it and then take it out and make a really quick sharp turn. Tada!!!!  The whole thing will flip on its side and the boat is off!!!

Have you come up with a way to put it back on smarty?

To get it back on, you need a bunch of guys who are built like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPa-JNmVe4UY0fnZHbFxOEmyXceuxh0gEf9JS-fZ4h5rM766KY

to put the jeep back on its wheels and to put the boat on top.

You also need one who looks like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmfIKXhYxLO4mOCimRkVXT-RQNbGhAIwYR6lS-2mB67tsg-orK

to put you back together...

don't know if you all think this is crazy but after watching the fireworks at the beach one night we saw a snake on the path so we stopped our cart to look at it (from a distance of course) and to warn the walkers! Well this guy walks up and picks the damn thing up and puts it into his fanny pack and walks away! You should of saw the looks he got from people when he said he was gonna take it back to his site and grill it!! We should have followed him to see if he did LOL

all you would have to do is unstrap it and then take it out and make a really quick sharp turn. Tada!!!!  The whole thing will flip on its side and the boat is off!!!

Have you come up with a way to put it back on smarty?

To get it back on, you need a bunch of guys who are built like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPa-JNmVe4UY0fnZHbFxOEmyXceuxh0gEf9JS-fZ4h5rM766KY

to put the jeep back on its wheels and to put the boat on top.

You also need one who looks like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmfIKXhYxLO4mOCimRkVXT-RQNbGhAIwYR6lS-2mB67tsg-orK

to put you back together...

Yeah I could definately get it on with that first guy!! THE BOAT ON THE JEEP, DIRTY BIRDIES!!! ;)

Found this parked in the overflow lot...not as good as the jeep/boat combination. It actually has some sort of hydraulic "thingy" that looks as if it tilts the top trailer section down to unload the boat. Never did see what they kept on the bottom level. And I wonder what pulls the whole contraption?

DSCN3274-1.jpg

DSCN3277-1.jpg