• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I thought, why would you want to kill a coral snake - or any snake for that matter (unless it's a python or constrictor) but then my coffee kicked in & remembered your beautiful little baby girl is a beautiful baby toddler by now and romping around the yard. A daddy has to protect his little girl!

At first I thought, why would you want to kill a coral snake - or any snake for that matter (unless it's a python or constrictor) but then my coffee kicked in & remembered your beautiful little baby girl is a beautiful baby toddler by now and romping around the yard. A daddy has to protect his little girl!

I was thinking the same thing Deb!  I am usually a "leave it alone" guy when it comes to snakes, but a coral near a toddler is NOT a good thing!!  Good shootin' Tex.  :rofl2:

I was thinking the same thing Deb!  I am usually a "leave it alone" guy when it comes to snakes, but a coral near a toddler is NOT a good thing!!  Good shootin' Tex.  :banana:

Being a certified Wildlife Rehabilitator, I usually leave snakes alone.  IF it's one of the 'bad' ones in a populated area, I will relocate it IF it is safe for me to capture it.  Agkistrodon piscivorus conanti (the Florida Cottonmouth) is one that is better off dead in a situation like that!

The first thing I thought of was the old cartoon, based on the short story form The Jungle Book, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. I used to love that cartoon when I was a kid, I have to find it for the girls.

Best Regards,

Norm

You got it.

I was thinking the same thing Deb!  I am usually a "leave it alone" guy when it comes to snakes, but a coral near a toddler is NOT a good thing!!  Good shootin' Tex.  :banana:

I am with you Ed.  The cottonmouth is the only one that I really have had big problems with.  When they get out of the water and in your boat, they get your attention really quick.  That one got beat with my oar.  I didn't kill it, but I sure made it understand that I was not going to be her victim.  Like I could see her nest?  Geesh!  I do understand that the adult coral snake is nothing to be around a toddler. 

Being a certified Wildlife Rehabilitator, I usually leave snakes alone.  IF it's one of the 'bad' ones in a populated area, I will relocate it IF it is safe for me to capture it.  Agkistrodon piscivorus conanti (the Florida Cottonmouth) is one that is better off dead in a situation like that!

I am a fan of snakes and don't like it when people kill them just because they are snakes.  Like Ed, I prefer to relocate them if they are a nuisance.  After all, most of us built our homes on their homes.  I once picked up a baby rattlesnake that was being dive-bombed by a mockingbird and placed it out of harms way in the field next to my house. Yes, I am that crazy.

The only snake I do have a fear of (native to Florida, that is) is a water moccasin.  They're mean, vicious, and, fast!!  They will chase you down in a  :banana:

Holy Crap...SNAKES.  :)

They're right up there with Aligators.

(By the way,Jen, I need a "fainting" smiley, or a DROP DEAD one, because that's probably what I would do if I ever saw either)

You would have fainted today then.  We had a juvenile cottonmouth come up to us while we were fishing.  I kept on on eye on him more than he did me.  I am not in the mood for a round of shots today, or the ER.