AP holders have blocked dates on park reservation calendar!!!

10 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Not at the campground, but Sombrero Beach was about 7 miles away. It is one of the nicest beaches in the keys, IMHO and it is dog friendly.

Thanks.  Sounds nice.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I totally/completely have no desire to return at this point. I do have a hotel reservation booked for Oct, but if our kids can't join us, (because they had not booked yet, and may not be able to book)

Oh yeah. Thats our go to campground 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Our AP's are up on 7/14. I'm really close to not renewing. We have reservations for the week of Thanksgiving, but I am not sure I want to fight this reservation system and pay for passes without all of the benefits. I do miss camping at FW, but so far this year we have went to the FL Gulfcoast twice, Wekiwa Springs, the Keys, and Savannah. With trips to Defeated Creek, possibly Hilton Head, and the Smokies planned the appeal of Disney is waning badly. Not to mention these other trips are a fraction of the cost of Disney. Decisions, decisions.

You are in the same boat as us. I went ahead and renewed since we had reservations this year and I wanted to get my park pass before they are gone. Most of what has been taken away right now is okay, as long as it comes back in the future. I am hoping for small crowds. Time will tell. 

So I tried to call Disney on three separate occasions about canceling my AP because there are no park reservation dates open when we could possibly come.  And we really don’t want to go with the parks being “half” open. 

1.   first time I called they told me I need to speak to the annual passholder helpdesk but they were closed.

2.  The second time I called I was on hold for an hour and a half before my call was answered after a two minute conversation I’m put on hold And then we become disconnected.

3.  Call number three. after a brief hold I’m transferred to the annual passholders helpdesk and when they answer I’m disconnected again. 

4.  Attempt number 4. This morning.
After one hour and 54 minutes of holding the cast member tells me they don’t know how much my refund will be if I cancel my APs. She told me to call back sometime this month when they announce they’ve started giving refunds.

WTF!!!

How incompetent can one company be?

They’ve had over three months to figure this out.

59 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

1.   first time I called they told me I need to speak to the annual passholder helpdesk but they were closed.

2.  The second time I called I was on hold for an hour and a half before my call was answered after a two minute conversation I’m put on hold And then we become disconnected.

3.  Call number three. after a brief hold I’m transferred to the annual passholders helpdesk and when they answer I’m disconnected again. 

After one hour and 54 minutes of holding the cast member tells me they don’t know how much my refund will be if I cancel my APs. She told me to call back sometime this month when they announce they’ve started giving refunds.

Ugh!  I agree it's ridiculous that after this long they still don't have this figured out.  Sorry it's been such a ridiculous, frustrating process for you.

55 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I feel sorry for the CMs who have to answer these calls with people like me who have all sorts of questions but are not given the information to be able to answer these questions. 

Agreed.  Definitely not a magical time to be a Disney CM anywhere.

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

So I tried to call Disney on three separate occasions about canceling my AP because there are no park reservation dates open when we could possibly come.  And we really don’t want to go with the parks being “half” open. 

WTF!!!

How incompetent can one company be?

That is truly awful.

Yes, these are difficult and unprecedented times, but Disney is doing a terrible job with communication. Both with their guests and castmembers. 

How they are handling things speaks volumes on what the company values. And it clearly isn’t passholders or castmembers.

TCD

5 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

As I posted in another thread I got through in about 5 minutes, was transferred once. Told them I wanted the date extension and they said it would take about 2 weeks and it did. Our exp date has been extended 4 months.   

4 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

As I posted in another thread I got through in about 5 minutes, was transferred once. Told them I wanted the date extension and they said it would take about 2 weeks and it did. Our exp date has been extended 4 months.   

Good for you.

You were one of the lucky ones who called in early before Disney made any announcement. Nobody is getting through that easily now. Your isolated good fortune does not negate the fact that there are hundreds of reports similar to Ray’s. 

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Good for you.

You were one of the lucky ones who called in early before Disney made any announcement. Nobody is getting through that easily now. Your isolated good fortune does not negate the fact that there are hundreds of reports similar to Ray’s. 

TCD

Jen posted  in early June that we had to call and that is was not automatic otherwise I wouldn't have called.  

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Jen posted  in early June that we had to call and that is was not automatic otherwise I wouldn't have called.  

I called back in June also and they told me that they didn’t know what my extension would be or how much my refund would be if I canceled. 
since they didn’t know when they would reopen. 
My pass expired at the end of May.  

just curious but what kind of pass do you have. We can’t buy Florida resident passes. We have to buy premier or premier plus. And we have to pay for them up front. No monthly installments for us. 

12 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

just curious but what kind of pass do you have. We can’t buy Florida resident passes. We have to buy premier or premier plus. And we have to pay for them up front. No monthly installments for us. 

Resident, but we pay it up front and we just renewed in Feb.  Granted they didn't know what the extension would be because the  final opening was completely settled,, but it ended up being 4 months. If they extended 4 months from  Mar 16th one would assume any refunds would be from the same date.  You said your's exp in May so that is 2 months that you lost. 

I can understand your frustration, but as with everything in this entire mess, it's a first.  

1 hour ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Resident, but we pay it up front and we just renewed in Feb.  Granted they didn't know what the extension would be because the  final opening was completely settled,, but it ended up being 4 months. If they extended 4 months from  Mar 16th one would assume any refunds would be from the same date.  You said your's exp in May so that is 2 months that you lost. 

I can understand your frustration, but as with everything in this entire mess, it's a first.  

my APs were automatically extended the 65 days. 
which were the days closed until the APs expired  which I’m fine with  

But my biggest complaint is that they set it up that we and a lot of AP holders can’t use their APs.  But resort guest and people who buy tickets can.  

So what good is any sort of extension???

I asked if they could “re-start” my APs when they go back to normal park operations. Meaning not having to make a park reservation. 
but was told that wasn’t an option. 

30 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Btw. 
how long do you think it will take before a lawsuit is filed against Disney by AP holders for breach of contract?

my guess is next week. 

there already is a lawsuit about Disney billing AP holders 4 months of the monthly payments.

It won’t be long. And they’re going to lose big time. Unfortunately, like all class actions, only the lawyers will win. 

TCD

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

But my biggest complaint is that they set it up that we and a lot of AP holders can’t use their APs.  But resort guest and people who buy tickets can.  

So what good is any sort of extension???

??????? That's not what this says...

• Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid theme park admission are eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their stay(s), and now in addition, all Annual Passholders are eligible to make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time on a rolling basis. Once you use a theme park reservation, you can make another reservation for a future date.
  • All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates. Guests should ensure their pass type is valid for park entry prior to making a park reservation. To enter one of the parks, each Passholder is required to have a theme park reservation in addition to a valid annual pass.
1 minute ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

??????? That's not what this says...

• Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid theme park admission are eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their stay(s), and now in addition, all Annual Passholders are eligible to make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time on a rolling basis. Once you use a theme park reservation, you can make another reservation for a future date.
  • All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates. Guests should ensure their pass type is valid for park entry prior to making a park reservation. To enter one of the parks, each Passholder is required to have a theme park reservation in addition to a valid annual pass.

Check the park availability calendar. 
there are days open for resort guests and ticket holders. 
but those same days are NOT available for AP holders. If I wasn’t on my phone I could post a screen shot to show you. 

As a matter of fact the first day available at HS for AP holders is August 20. 

the first available date for the MK is August 6th. 

the first Saturday available is September 5th. 

the reality is that we live in Oklahoma and don’t have the luxury of going when ever we want.  Plane tickets, Uber’s, is expensive.

So when we go we go for at least a week, go to the parks everyday and park hop. 

23 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

As a matter of fact the first day available at HS for AP holders is August 20. 

the first available date for the MK is August 6th. 

the first Saturday available is September 5th. 

the reality is that we live in Oklahoma and don’t have the luxury of going when ever we want.  Plane tickets, Uber’s, is expensive.

So when we go we go for at least a week, go to the parks everyday and park hop. 

I think what you are seeing is due to the fact that all the AP reservations are already taken due to the limits on each category (AP, RESORT and NON RESORT) and not black-outs. I have always understood that each category was limited per day so that all had an opportunity to reserve.  If they didn't do that you could have a park full of nothing but all AP's or ALL RESORT.

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I think what you are seeing is due to the fact that all the AP reservations are already taken due to the limits on each category (AP, RESORT and NON RESORT) and not black-outs. I have always understood that each category was limited per day so that all had an opportunity to reserve.  If they didn't do that you could have a park full of nothing but all AP's or ALL RESORT.

Well what would you call a block-out/black-out then???
what’s the difference?

My AP is supposed to all owe me to go to any park I want to without black out dates  and park hop.  and if they are allowing other, non-AP holders to go to the park but not me than it’s a blackout.  

they’ve taken away reasons why I buy an AP.  
I don’t know about you but there’s no way i would pay $1195/ AP to only be allowed to go when I make a park reservation and they good days are filled the day they release them.  

I know these are unusual times and it’s all new for all of us.   
but why should the customers get half the product for the same price full?

when is disney going to make a sacrifice like they keep asking us to do???

How Disney sucking it up and saying...

”since we’ve had to cut back on availability and services we are going to give our guests...????

3 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

To reinforce my last post here is the blackout calendar that is listed on the AP site below the COVID up date about reservations. This is for the top two tiers.

Screenshot%202020-07-11%20at%2012.44.23.

Now post the availability for pass holders to make park reservations for July and August???

Again I can’t use my pass until August 6th. 
So in reality I’m block out of going to WDW for almost 4 weeks. 

34 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Now post the availability for pass holders to make park reservations for July and August???

Again I can’t use my pass until August 6th. 
So in reality I’m block out of going to WDW for almost 4 weeks. 

Other AP holders beat you to the open spots. No different than not getting a FP because somebody else was quicker on the trigger. No different than showing up on a Holiday and having the park at capacity, AP or not you don't get in. They said going in that capacity was limited and divided up between all ticket levels.  

Based on your other post you feel that because you spent $3.27 a day for a ticket that the person who paid $100 a day should not go.