Greetings from another new member!

Hi!  Jay here, I was excited to see the posting on RV.net about this new forum.  Peggy and I have been to Fort Wilderness many times, although it's been all too long since our last visit.  We've been to Disney World at least 30 times since about 1980 (Disneyland 5 or 6 times since 1975).  We've stayed at a number of the resorts but our favorite, by far - there's no contest, is Fort Wilderness.

Our first trip to the Fort we were still travelling with a tent and a cooler.  I remember the flock of colorfull ducks (or are they geese?) that greeted us at our site at seemingly supervised our set up process.  Over the years we've progressed from the tent to our first ancient travel trailer, a succession of trailers and are now our third motor home.  We've seen changes over the years.  For example, we much preferred the old trams to the city busses now used for internal transport.  We feel the busses just give too much of an urban touch.  We're not a fan of the golf carts, with exceptions made for the handicapped.  We were distressed to HEAR the racetrack, built much too close.  These changes have not, however, knocked our ranking of the Fort down from number one among all the Disney resorts.

For many of our earlier trips our last night at the Fort was spent at Trails end, enjoying pizza and listening to the gentilman that used to sing and play the guitar during the dinner hours.  It had become our 'good bye' ritual.  We had the pleasure of having experienced River Country on our first trip, although we risked hypothermia to do so (we had a blast, in spite of the cold water!).  Of course back then water parks were more of a novelty, but we had always wished they'd make access to it available to Ft guests, like any other pool complex.  We love the Hoopty Doo, although I think I like it more than Peggy, and riding our bikes is our main form of transportation within the Ft.  We love the evening campfire and Disney movies shown, although these were much more of a treat back before the days when everyone had a VCR (or now a DVD) and these classics became available at the local WalMart.  We regret we missed the campground train, although my grandparents, having stayed at the Ft in it's inaugral year, shared photos of it with us, it was gone before our first trip.

As I said, it's been way too long since our last visit.  There were years when we visited Disney twice, in the same year.  It's now been three years since our last visit.  But...  We have reservations for this next December.  Yuppie!!  :o

I look forward to vicariously enjoying the Fort through the posts of my fellow enthusiasts. 

I'm Paula; I'm new here and new to the boards in general. So new I can't figure out how this works! I tried to post this am and it completly disappeared when I hit post. My last trip to FW was last weekend 29/30th and the kids loved it so much that my DS wants to spend his 9th Bday there instead of his annual fondue dinner out. So... I just booked for next weekend 2/11-2/13 again. They absolutly loved the Fort! We are just starting out so we are in a tent/air matresses/ coolers and probably still will be next weekend. DH has already been scouring craigslist and ebay for a TT so we can start bringing our pups with us. We know absolutly nothing about owning/driving/hooking up/maintaining a TT so this should be really fun! Seeming like we'll be weekend fixtures at FW at this rate!

Our Jobs have bounced us around the country from Orlando to Dallas to Michigan and decided to go "home" to Fla. Athough DH and I are from the North and Midwest. We met originally in the Military but have been out for over 10 years now. The kids consider this "home" and their favorite place we lived. We've been back a few months and NEVER moving again. We live about 35 miles NE of FW.

I travel with DH; Chris, DD Brittani (14), and DS Colby ( 8 ). I'm hoping to meet some great folks on here to hang out with at FW and I'd love for the kids to meet some friends to hang out with while they are there.

Crossing fingers that this actually posts this time.

Howdy all.  Welcome to the Fort Fiends. We're a fun lovin group here so kinda cut us some slack.

We are in the words of Douglas Adams "Mostly harmless"

Thanks everyone! Now...if I can post enough to get "newbie" off me  ;D

Well Paula I guess you could do what a number of the cheaters erm...regulars here have done see;

http://fortfiends.net/forum/index.php?topic=106.0 for an example :popcorn: :))

Thanks all for the warm welcome.  Don't know Paula, at least that's what I'm telling my wife, Peggy.  :rofl:

Will try to sell the house this summer.  If we do, I won't have to come back after our Fort Wilderness visit in December.  I'll just find somewhere to roost down there for the winter.  Unfortunately, Peggy will still be working another 6 months past our visit (I retired this past summer).

Later...  8)

That sounds great Jay. Have you checked the websites of 2 other couples RV fulltime:

Living the RV Dream and The RV Navigator

if you google either one they will pop right up

They both do great podcasts about their travels and both can be found on ITunes for free.

That sounds great Jay. Have you checked the websites of 2 other couples RV fulltime:

Living the RV Dream and The RV Navigator

if you google either one they will pop right up

They both do great podcasts about their travels and both can be found on ITunes for free.

What a great tip Avatab - I have to turn my parents onto those podcasts.  Thanks for sharing.