That makes EZ PASS good on all FL toll roads.

Florida's Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) is now accepting E-ZPass®, bringing interoperability to millions of toll highway customers on the East Coast of the United States and as far west as Illinois.

https://floridasturnpike.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Floridas-Turnpike-Enterprise-Now-Accepts-E-ZPass-Statewide.pdf

13 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'll pick one up in January when I'm down there next. I will need one, as next year's big trip is a loop of New England.

Depending upon the route you plan to take you will be in EZ-Pass country for most of the northern parts of your trip. A number of the major routes and bridges have tolls that accept EZ-Pass. This might make it worthwhile to upgrade before your trip.

The trip to NE is not until June 2022, so yes, that's why I'll order or pickup the Pro pass when I'm in FL in Jan. Although, I really wish it could be a sticker. Set it and forget it. The transponder gets moved every time you clean the windshield or left in the glovebox and a potential for forgetting it. :(

With tolls so high in the north east make sure you have a good balance in your account, I know when we head west with our rig on the Pa, Ohio and even the Indiana toll road each hit for us is never under $50

56 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

With tolls so high in the north east make sure you have a good balance in your account, I know when we head west with our rig on the Pa, Ohio and even the Indiana toll road each hit for us is never under $50

But your rig is a little larger than most......they love counting axles....

Just now, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But your rig is a little larger than most......they love counting axles....

I had an interesting conversation with a toll booth collector on the bridge going into Delaware a number of years ago.  Was driving a Motorhome towing a car...so 4 axles total.  I  was charged $16.  I noticed a sign indicating cars were $3, so I asked how much it would be for just the motorhome.  She said $8.  So I said “you mean to tell me that if I hopped out and unhooked the vehicles and drove them separately through the booth it would cost me a total of $11, but hooked together it’s $16?”   She gave me a blank stare and my wife told me to please just drive over the bridge.  LOL!  I henceforth refer to that as Delaware math, and I may have tossed in a Joe Biden joke at the time as he was at that time a Senator from Rennie’s state.  But we’re not gonna talk about that as this isn’t the debate thread.  😂

2 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Yes, already do that, but will need to up my charge and minimum.

We found out you can also add funds if you know your going to use a lot of toll roads, that also would help your card not getting shut down by mistake

3 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Hey I'm surprised they haven't found a way to add a vehicle charge for the Smart riding on the deck

I had something similar happen in PA.  My truck plate, car trailer plate and my Antique/Classic car plates are registered on EZ-PASS.  While hauling the 47 Ford on the trailer, going through the scanner area, it picked up both the car trailer plate and the plate on the Ford.  And I got charged the exact same weights for both plates.  I could never get the extra charge reversed because the person at the call center couldn't grasp that the car never had it's wheels on the ground going through the scanner.  I also found out that New York's Thruway charges by height and axles.  Anything over 7' 6" is charged extra.  Found that out with the 47 Ford on the trailer heading up to Lake George.