Congratulations, Karla! You might have noticed the "promoted to front page" link in your original post- it goes to the new front page of the site!

We'll be able to highlight :siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren: like this very easily going forward. The idea here is to highlight the great posts and great posters we have here, and also to serve as a news source of sorts for all things Fort-related.

Thanks for the great pics and the news tip- you guys are awesome, and you make it really easy for this site to be awesome. I couldn't do it alone, that's for sure.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey, a thought, completely unrelated: If they're closing down the 700 loop due to the water issue, there's some long-timers there that'll have to move. We might have to send a Photo Commando in to get some site pics!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Karla! You might have noticed the "promoted to front page" link in your original post- it goes to the new front page of the site!

We'll be able to highlight :siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren: like this very easily going forward. The idea here is to highlight the great posts and great posters we have here, and also to serve as a news source of sorts for all things Fort-related.

Thanks for the great pics and the news tip- you guys are awesome, and you make it really easy for this site to be awesome. I couldn't do it alone, that's for sure.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey, a thought, completely unrelated: If they're closing down the 700 loop due to the water issue, there's some long-timers there that'll have to move. We might have to send a Photo Commando in to get some site pics!

Hey...like that's really AWESOME!!! :banana:

Unfortunately they said the 700 loop water will only be shut off for about a day so just to make sure your tank is full. And if Hilda ever does vacate that site while we're here you can be sure we'll let you know!

BTW, when I clicked on the link under my post this is what I got:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.html/_/articles/fire-at-the-fort-r11 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hey...like that's really AWESOME!!! :banana:

Unfortunately they said the 700 loop water will only be shut off for about a day so just to make sure your tank is full. And if Hilda ever does vacate that site while we're here you can be sure we'll let you know!

BTW, when I clicked on the link under my post this is what I got:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.html/_/articles/fire-at-the-fort-r11 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Refresh the page and try again- I'm still trying to learn how to drive this thing. ;) It should be working now- I was having that problem a few minutes ago too, but I did some :techno: and it should work now.

Refresh the page and try again- I'm still trying to learn how to drive this thing. ;) It should be working now- I was having that problem a few minutes ago too, but I did some :techno: and it should work now.

Nope...sorry. :-\

It said the same thing again and I tried twice refreshing the page each time.

Damn geek crap...glad you understand it ;D !

Nope...sorry. :-\

It said the same thing again and I tried twice refreshing the page each time.

Damn geek crap...glad you understand it ;D !

Try forcing a refresh on the new home page (by hitting shift-f5), and then clicking on the "view full article" link. If you're refreshing the wrong link (which is probably what's happening), it's never gonna work. :)

Try forcing a refresh on the new home page (by hitting shift-f5), and then clicking on the "view full article" link. If you're refreshing the wrong link (which is probably what's happening), it's never gonna work. :)

Yup...works now, thanks! Geek stuff just confuses the S#%T outta me (if you haven't guessed that already)!! :rofl:

Tri-B

They did send somebody to "help" us...he'd been on the job ONE month :rofl2:

Needless to say he wasn't much help. First he told us we'd have to call the front desk for re-assignment. Didn't go over very well with me >:( I made HIM the call the site assigner and give us the site we wanted. We asked to speak with the Fort manager but that never happened... didn't really expect it to either! Didn't even get an "I'm sorry for the trouble" call from anybody! Stinkin' customer service! And for this we pay the privilege of almost $100/night :argh: (Yeah, this is me whining again!)

Park your golf cart on the grass you'll have a duty manager there within 5 mins

The water line break was most likely just a coincidence. If they had used a hydrant someowhere in the system it would have lowered pressure. The hydrants take a little time to shut off to avoid sudden pressure spikes (water hammer)

The latest update is that the fire burned about 5 acres and was 75% contained last night.

When we went to bed the wind had changed and smoke filled the air.

Looked and smelled like you were sitting next to a campfire that was blowing directly on you.

We've seen many people leaving today. Loop CM said that many had left because of the smoke.

Wonder if Disney would give a discount for staying under "adverse conditions"?

Yeah...like that's gonna happen!! :rofl2:

Tri-B

I would see if they would send a free TE's buffet your way for having to move your site....thats a PIA.....everyone knows that! If I was in my popup and I had to move I'd cry, because 80% of our camping is outside,...we only use the inside to get dressed and sleep....lol! I'd make sure they'd give me something for the trouble!

The latest update is that the fire burned about 5 acres and was 75% contained last night.

When we went to bed the wind had changed and smoke filled the air.

Looked and smelled like you were sitting next to a campfire that was blowing directly on you.

We've seen many people leaving today. Loop CM said that many had left because of the smoke.

Wonder if Disney would give a discount for staying under "adverse conditions"?

Yeah...like that's gonna happen!! :rofl2:

Tri-B

Wow- 5 acres! That was not a very small fire at all.

Glad to hear that it is under control.

It has been very dry here in Florida lately. I hope all the campers at the Fort take it easy with the campfires for the time being.

And, BBB, great job on the first hand reporting!

I am hereby awarding you a TCD Junior Deputy badge.

Congratulations!

TCD

They did send somebody to "help" us...he'd been on the job ONE month :rofl2:

Needless to say he wasn't much help. First he told us we'd have to call the front desk for re-assignment. Didn't go over very well with me >:( I made HIM the call the site assigner and give us the site we wanted. We asked to speak with the Fort manager but that never happened... didn't really expect it to either! Didn't even get an "I'm sorry for the trouble" call from anybody! Stinkin' customer service! And for this we pay the privilege of almost $100/night :argh: (Yeah, this is me whining again!)

Yeah the customer service this week isn't spot on, especially in the 700 loop.

Smoke doesn't seem too bad right now...let's hope it stays that way!

Wow- 5 acres! That was not a very small fire at all.

Glad to hear that it is under control.

It has been very dry here in Florida lately. I hope all the campers at the Fort take it easy with the campfires for the time being.

And, BBB, great job on the first hand reporting!

I am hereby awarding you a TCD Junior Deputy badge.

Congratulations!

TCD

OMG!!! :bugeyes:

First a Spike and now a JD badge.

I'm so honored... :heart:

I think I'm going into pixie dust overload!!!! :fairydust: :jumpforjoy :fairydust:

I had never worried about a fire while we were away from our camper. We're arriving at the Fort Saturday. Now, I have one more thing to worry about while Buddy is in the camper alone. :(

Don't forget to post your site number.

We've moved to 714 because of "the flood". :lol:

Come and see us if you get time...we'll try to find you too.

Tri-B

Don't forget to post your site number.

We've moved to 714 because of "the flood". :lol:

Come and see us if you get time...we'll try to find you too.

Tri-B

How long will you be there? We requested site 802, but said we want the 500 loop if we can't get that specific site. Who knows where we'll end up though.

I had never worried about a fire while we were away from our camper. We're arriving at the Fort Saturday. Now, I have one more thing to worry about while Buddy is in the camper alone. :(

Enjoy your trip Vick!!!! I know it's been awhile since you've been there.

Enjoy your trip Vick!!!! I know it's been awhile since you've been there.

Thanks Carol. It has been almost 3 years. Our last trip was in August 2008. Prior to this time, 2 years was our longest time between trips. This will actually be our 3rd trip to the Fort. If not for Buddy, we would have never found the fort. We got our first travel trailer because we wanted to go to Disney, but didn't want to leave him in a kennel. We never knew what we were missing!

How long will you be there? We requested site 802, but said we want the 500 loop if we can't get that specific site. Who knows where we'll end up though.

We're hear until June 1st.

Our grandson (age 3) is with us.

We also have two crazy chihuahuas :blink: and one old cat.

Tri-B