Live at the Fort - Latest Update....

It has now returned to smoky air in the 700 area after a morning of relatively smoke-free air.

There is also ash flying around. Going to see if we can find out anymore.

Tri-B

Oh wow! Definitely keep us posted!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow! Definitely keep us posted!

Absolutely!!

So far we are getting the standard "they're working on it and it's no problem to campers"....yeah, like I'm gonna buy that story!!! :rofl:

With all the problems going on, I think it's time they comped you some time at Wilderness Lodge until they got 'it all in one sock' at The Fort! Smoke; ash; moving because of 'a flood'; etc. Time to be a squeaky wheel!

I agree!

Me too :banana:

Working on it...got to find the correct "manager"... :rofl2:

Has there been any fire in the loops, or just the surrounding wooded areas?

No fire in the loops...it's out beyond the Creekside Meadows area.

The local news reports it as being between Fort Wilderness CG and MK parking lot.

Karla...I'm just waiting to be evacuated during the night! Lol

We were out last night at about 1 AM....it was so smoky you could barely breath. We tried turning off the AC cuz it was making the inside of the MH smokey but it got too hot! My clothes from yesterday STINK!! :argh: :argh: (I gotta find a better Emoticon!!)

Tri-B

I just strolled through "that other place". I didn't see even one mention of the fire. This place has become the best place for fort and Disney information. <3 Just thought I'd throw that bit in here.

If there was mention of it, they'd probably have tried to link to our story and been banned by the administration there for it.

Okay everybody.....

The latest update is that there is no update.

The best information we could get is that the fire is still burning and Reedy Creek FD is keeping it contained. Whoopie! :wacko:

The wind is cooperating today and is about 1/2 of what it was yesterday. The 2000 loop is still the most smoke filled but the wind has shifted more down towards the 700 loop instead of staying up toward the front and blowing across the 900, 1000 and Meadows Trading Post area.

We were also told that at this mornings' Disney "meeting" with Reedy Creek FD it was discussed to put out a written advisory to all campers. Disney didn't want to put one out earlier as "it was thought it might scare people". From our point of view as campers, we tried to explain how a pro-active stance would have been nice as people were standing around loops discussing if they should be prepared for evacuation and needing to know what was happening.

We suggested Disney could set up an 800 informational type call-in number. Also suggested ways for Disney to communicate with guests (like texting or rent a "beeper") which would provide guests with peace of mind if they were in the parks an an emergency situation arose at their site or within the campground.

In usual Disney fashion we were politely thanked for the suggestions and told they would be forwarded to the proper contacts...yeah, right!! :gaah:

Reedy Creek FD on the job...

DSCN6458.jpg

Disney Popo roadblock just beyond 2000 loop...

DSCN6463.jpg

More water lines run to fire area....

DSCN6459.jpg

DSCN6460.jpg

Tri-B Reporting Live from the Fort!

I had to end up giving my son 2 asthma treatments within 2 hours overnight because of the smoke. We couldn't ask to move today because my husband left early this morning for his conference or we would have!

Some worker drove by earlier this afternoon pn a Segway and told a new camper across from us it was contained and was just a marsh fire.

Thanks for the great reporting TripleB! :D

Ever since a tree fell on my camper while we were over at the MK a few years ago, we always leave a note on the door with a cell phone number on it, and we make sure to have that phone on us. Hopefully, a CM or fellow camper would call us in case of any problems....

8)8)8)8)8)