Cannot Make Duplicate Dinner Reservations Anymore..

Just an FYI:

From WDWMagic site today..

"Online dining reservations no longer allow multiple reservations for the same timeframe

May 17, 2011

"Since being introduced back in June 2009, the ability to book dining reservations online has been a big hit with Walt Disney World guests. However, it has been suspected by many that dining availability has been reduced since the new system was introduced due to the fact that some guests were booking multiple reservations for the same time, and then choosing their preferred restaurant on the day, and not canceling the other reservations for the same timeframe. Disney have today addressed this issue and no longer allow conflicting online reservations to be made for the same timeframe."

I wonder if this will make it easier to get a reservation at some of the hard to get in eateries?

Just an FYI:

From WDWMagic site today..

"Online dining reservations no longer allow multiple reservations for the same timeframe

May 17, 2011

"Since being introduced back in June 2009, the ability to book dining reservations online has been a big hit with Walt Disney World guests. However, it has been suspected by many that dining availability has been reduced since the new system was introduced due to the fact that some guests were booking multiple reservations for the same time, and then choosing their preferred restaurant on the day, and not canceling the other reservations for the same timeframe. Disney have today addressed this issue and no longer allow conflicting online reservations to be made for the same timeframe."

I wonder if this will make it easier to get a reservation at some of the hard to get in eateries?

I sure hope so, and it's about time. :banana:

I will say that last week while we were there, you could log on to the dining reservations online and many of the popular restaurants at some availability...even Le Cellier (that's either because their food sucks now or could be because of the no double booking). Also, we went to Epcot one evening because I was running low on food in the camper and we wanted to eat out somewhere...there were several table restaurants that had availability as a walk up, which has never happened.

• 7 months later...

I actually saw someone post this a couple of years ago on another forum. I was stunned that anyone would actually do this. No wonder it is easier to get reservations now! :) (I have left out names etc, but it is from voldemort)

For anyone looking for ADRs between June 30 and July 12, 2006, I have just cancelled the following ADRs (changing my trip to Aug/Sep):

Jun 30 Crystal Palace 8:05am

Jun 30 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 1 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 1 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 3 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 3 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 3 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:30pm

July 5 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 5 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 5 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:30pm

July 8 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 8 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 10 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 10 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 10 Hollywood & Vine 5:30pm

July 12 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 12 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 12 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:30pm

I actually saw someone post this a couple of years ago on another forum. I was stunned that anyone would actually do this. No wonder it is easier to get reservations now! :) (I have left out names etc, but it is from voldemort)

For anyone looking for ADRs between June 30 and July 12, 2006, I have just cancelled the following ADRs (changing my trip to Aug/Sep):

Jun 30 Crystal Palace 8:05am

Jun 30 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 1 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 1 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 3 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 3 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 3 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:30pm

July 5 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 5 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 5 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:30pm

July 8 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 8 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 10 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 10 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 10 Hollywood & Vine 5:30pm

July 12 Crystal Palace 8:05am

July 12 Crystal Palace 11:50am

July 12 Liberty Tree Tavern 5:30pm

Wow Rita! That is incredible and abusive. Either those people have a bizarre obsession with Winnie the Pooh, or they are the most self centered jackwagons I've run into in quite some time.

Wow Rita! That is incredible and abusive. Either those people have a bizarre obsession with Winnie the Pooh, or they are the most self centered jackwagons I've run into in quite some time.

I vote for the latter.

I'm glad to see this. We had a hell of a time getting reservations when we went in '10, probably because of people like this.

This is the EXACT reason I stopped renewing my tables in wonderland card. Jack wagons like this one make it so people like me have to decide where i want to eat 180 days in advance. I just can't get my ass in gear that fast.