Pictures From The Stone Mountain Grand Gathering!!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be honest. A part of me is green with envy and a part of me is tickled pink that y'all got to meet and have such a great time!

Liv, you were with us in spirit! Christy and I talked about you on our infamous Wal-Mart excursion... She can get you there quick but you'll take the scenic tour coming back! :rofl2: She even played a CD of your hubby singing for me. He sounded remarkably like Taylor Swift. :rofl2: SORRY CHRISTY! YOU KNEW IT WOULD HAVE TO BE SAID!!! But at least, as promised, no pool pics were posted. ;) But I do wish I'd had my camera when the lady asked you to feel her lap band port. :rofl2: :rofl2:

Yep! You heard it here. KFK witnessed campingchristy feel up a total stranger at Stone Mountain. I was caught right in the middle. :bugeyes: I know this was my first GG but I've got a feeling this wasn't business as ususal. :rofl2:

Campground reviews!!!

We really liked it!! Stone Mountain Campground is famed for it's reports of unlevel campsites, but that was not true of the section we were in. This was the "new" section and all the pads themselves are "very" level. The campground DOES take reservations for specific sites and the folks at the desk know their sites very well. They have some pull in Big Rig sites that were kind of interesting. The bath houses were very nice and very clean. The only problem I had is the shower design gets water EVERYWHERE on the floor. (No water containment in each stall, but the design is completely accessible too). The new part is not as shady as the older parts of the campground, but they are planting new trees everywhere, so in time it will be.

They have garbage pickup from the front of your site continuously throughout the day. Just leave the bag by the road.

The sites we had, all had water, electric, sewer, and cable. They have free WiFi, but it stinks. My T-Mobile 4G Hotspot worked really well.

Anybody else/??

Hello Everyone....Much time lurking, first time posting. I really love the new forum.

Was reading about the Stone Mountain Campground- I haven't camped there in several years and noticed they have updated a section (as you noted also). Did any body camp in the new "Orange" section? Do you know if the sites were updated in this area? They use to be for tents and PU's before. We loved this section, but had to change when we got a TT. Thanks

H getting ready to fire away in the Great Barn. Humorous rule: NO THROWING THE FOAM BALLS ALLOWED. YOU MUST FIRE THEM AT EACH OTHER USING THE AIR GUNS. Can’t make this stuff up. ;)

100_1543.jpg

H and the boys

100_1539.jpg

They had a pretty cool looking putt putt course. We ran out of time this trip but we’ll get ‘em next time.

100_1535.jpg

100_1536.jpg

Some of our views from the train ride around the mountain…

100_1534.jpg

100_1531.jpg

100_1529.jpg

100_1528.jpg

100_1527.jpg

100_1525.jpg

Hello Everyone....Much time lurking, first time posting. I really love the new forum.

Was reading about the Stone Mountain Campground- I haven't camped there in several years and noticed they have updated a section (as you noted also). Did any body camp in the new "Orange" section? Do you know if the sites were updated in this area? They use to be for tents and PU's before. We loved this section, but had to change when we got a TT. Thanks

That's where we were in the Orange Section. We had #30,31,32,33,75,81.83,86

and a few more

Woe that's something you don't hear anymore, shoot the gun :rofl2: Great pictures Kim, I bet Gabe loved the train :banana:

:rofl2: That was my thought exactly! Don't throw those soft foam balls at anyone.. shoot 'em with the air powered launchers!!! LOL!

More random photos from the park…

100_1519.jpg

P5302653.jpg

P5302651.jpg

P5302649.jpg

P5302648.jpg

P5302645.jpg

Mini-fiends.. TNBob and MrsTNBob’s grandson, lil’ H and AuburnJen’s son

P5292616-1.jpg

P5292611-1.jpg

P5292605-1.jpg

P5292600-1.jpg

Time for the Birthday Smores. Lil’ H turned 8 on Monday.

100_8186.jpg

DaveInTN’s fam on Bob’s Yamaslow. 8 mph of pure exhilaration.

100_8177.jpg

KFK and the Gabester. We absolutely loved our site. Perfect for sitting back and watching the fiends arrive.

100_8176.jpg

The KFKids with our FF sign…. Lil’ H says he loves this Fort Fiend business. LOL.

100_8149.jpg

100_8144.jpg

I may have a few more but I'm winding down. HOLLY..WHERE ARE YOUR PICS???

More pictures

HPIM1967.jpg

HPIM1963.jpg

Here's some guy that jumped in the picture

HPIM1962.jpg

and the Queen of the Snarky

HPIM1961.jpg

The three troublesome Jr. Fiends

HPIM1960.jpg

HPIM1959.jpg

I got to really stop wearing baggy clothes...eww.

I have lots more pictures that I will post tonight. I ran out of gas last night and today has been a total zoo...three out of four vehicles are in need of a mechanic today....OUCH!

Liv, you were with us in spirit! Christy and I talked about you on our infamous Wal-Mart excursion... She can get you there quick but you'll take the scenic tour coming back! :rofl2: She even played a CD of your hubby singing for me. He sounded remarkably like Taylor Swift. :rofl2: SORRY CHRISTY! YOU KNEW IT WOULD HAVE TO BE SAID!!! But at least, as promised, no pool pics were posted. ;) But I do wish I'd had my camera when the lady asked you to feel her lap band port. :rofl2: :rofl2:

Yep! You heard it here. KFK witnessed campingchristy feel up a total stranger at Stone Mountain. I was caught right in the middle. :bugeyes: I know this was my first GG but I've got a feeling this wasn't business as ususal. :rofl2:

When Gage was little, someone at church asked him if he was going to sing like his Daddy when he grew up. As serious as he could be, he looked right at them and said, "No, my Daddy sings like a woman." :rofl2: As you can imagine, it's not a compliment for a man to be told they sound like a woman, so I'll not repeat to him what this post says. As of now, he likes y'all. :rofl2:

I wish you had had your camera too! Of all the people at SM for that to happen to...Christy! Oh lawsy, I bet she 'bout died! :eek:

Liv, the CD Christy played actually WAS Taylor Swift. It was in the wrong case!!! LOL! Lance has a great voice. :-) As far as the lap band lady goes..."oh lawsey" just about sums it up! I was in the pool chair between them. Double Oh Lawsey!!! ROTFL!!!

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

HOLLY..WHERE ARE YOUR PICS???

Sorry, we had a long power failure last night, so I didn't get a chance to post. Here you go...

I have no idea why my pictures suddenly got smaller at the end...sorry!

IMG_6035-1.jpg

Joker, Dave, Kathy & Kim

IMG_6037.jpg

Live4FW and his beautiful family

IMG_6038.jpg

H in SC (kampfirekim's hubby) and their precious little boys!

IMG_6044.jpg

Digging into the food.

IMG_6045.jpg

We all know who this cutie pie is! What a doll!

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6052.jpg

She has the cutest little personality!

IMG_6056.jpg

My little grandson, Dylan! He enjoyed the dessert.

IMG_6112_2.jpg

Joker's wife, Carla, Bob, Kathy and a couple of Dave's girls on the back.

IMG_6113.jpg

Bob, Christy, Me, Kim, Carla, Lorna, Hurston & Kathy.

IMG_6116.jpg

Christy & sweet little Taylor singing Happy Birthday to Lil H.

IMG_6117.jpg

The birthday boy!

IMG_6108-1.jpg

My son-in-law, Russell and Dylan expressing their disappointment that no alcoholic beverages are allowed. :(

That's pretty much all I have. Please let me know if I got any names wrong...I am TERRIBLE with names!!!

Great pictures everyone, Holly I am sorry I spelled Dylan's name wrong in the thread I posted my trip report. He is such a cutie.

Kim great pictures of Gabe and Little H.

Can;t wait to do it again