Pictures From The Stone Mountain Grand Gathering!!!!

I'll try to get my photos loaded and posted tonight sometime. If not I'll get them posted tomorrow. What a great time with a great bunch of fiends! I'd just like to say what a joy it was meeting everyone. This was our very first GG.. so I guess that sort of makes us the GG virgins. :rofl2:

Kim

AKA Queen of the Greasy Fry Tray (Donnie, where is my crown?)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he was giving me crap about my club car and how junky they are and about 2 hours later he's looking for lug bolts himself because his cart tire did the same thing. Karma baby.

Okay....if Club Cars are so junky, why did Matt sell one to me? Why does he sell them at all? BECAUSE HE HAS TO MAKE MONEY, THAT'S WHY!!

Yeah he was giving me crap about my club car and how junky they are and about 2 hours later he's looking for lug bolts himself because his cart tire did the same thing. Karma baby.

His only came a little loose it didn't come off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donnie thought you here putting smaller tires on your cart so you would not have to do that anymore

Todd don't you know he changes his mind every 5 min. worse than a woman~~~ :rofl2:

Okay....if Club Cars are so junky, why did Matt sell one to me? Why does he sell them at all? BECAUSE HE HAS TO MAKE MONEY, THAT'S WHY!!

Deb Matt never said Club Cars were junky, he said Donnie's car was junky :dance:

59.50 for a toilet valve - - flooded the trailer

136.39 for parts - - to fix all the other things broken, about to break, or just needed replacing.

Hanging out with the Fort Fiends at the big rock

PRICELESS!!!!!

This is our very short trip report. We left home about 7pm Friday for the short drive. Fortunately, there was no traffic and it only took us 45 minutes. Discovered that all 3 of our vent tops are broken from a recent hail storm. All the latches on the cargo doors broke off in my hand, and generally everywhere we turned something else broke off, needed to be replaced or didn't work. Turned on the water and hear screaming from inside the trailer. Turn the water off but the screaming didn't stop. Apparently the foot valve on the toilet busted due to freezing over the winter and a LOT of water came out of it because it was a pretty low point in the trailer. Didn't let that spoil the trip at all.

Got up Saturday and headed two exits back to the camper store Quite a bit lighter in the wallet, we were right back to the camper and the water valve was fixed and water turned back on.

Pretty much just hung out at the campsite and DD did some fishing. Got together for the pot luck and Oh My! what an awesome spread of food. Everything was so good and we had so much more than we could eat. It was great. Went over to the laser show and the crowd was so big that we lost our group (Kampfirekim and Mouseketab). We ended up finding a small spot under some trees and if we looked just right of the tree trunks, we could see most of the show. Really enjoyed the new effects (we had last been here 7 years ago). Then on the way back, made a wrong turn and ended up on an old one car wide covered bridge. That was pretty cool but it lead to a dead end. Got turned around and ended up in the main traffic exiting the part. Got back to the campground and everyone else was already back even though we were one of the first ones out of parking lot.

Next morning, I took DD over to the Starbucks in the Marriott Hotel (we were "hotel hopping" :rolleyes: ). Just as we sat down a nice lady walked up to us and offered us 3 all day passes for the attractions that they didn't need. We headed right back to the camper and the 3 kids headed to the parks.

My mom and dad decided to come over and have dinner with us so we didn't hangout too much with the fiends that evening. My mom is now wheelchair bound and fortunately our site was very wheelchair friendly. My parents started the camping bug in me when I was 7 years old so it is always nice to have them visit when we are camping. Had a great dinner but boy it was sure hottt!

Monday we got up and made some rounds. AuburnJen and Chris installed my Musket Mickey decal to the side of my trailer. It looks so good and I am really proud of it. Thanks for doing a great job on it and we really enjoyed spending a few minutes talking to you two and Camping Christy who also stopped by. Went over and visited with DaveinTN and compared notes for our upcoming Thanksgiving Fort trip. We are so excited and I think DD has made some new friends with Dave's girls. Of course, we all are in love with Anna.

We really enjoyed talking to KampfireKim and H in SC. We really enjoyed getting to know both of their wonderful kids. I don't want to leave anyone else out but really enjoyed talking to all of you and getting to know everyone (Lorna, Rich, Carol, Rick, Total Joker, BobinTN, MicknMin, and not to forget the visiting Mayor from the Fort^-^). I am really sorry that I missed Kate and Cherie...until next time.

We headed out about 1:30pm and were home at 2:15. We tried to get a later checkout but someone had our site reserved #84. It was a really nice site but too close to the facilities for us (well, that first night without water it was pretty convenient) and I would only recommend a 28' trailer or less as there wasn't really enough room to park the truck.

Overall, it was an absolutely wonderful time. With all the problems you would think we would have been kinda down, but meeting the fiends and all the fellowship made it a perfect weekend,

Only lesson learned was to use the trailer more often because if you wait a year between trips, that repair bill can be a little bigger than you're expecting.

Scott, we enjoyed getting to know ya'll as well. You have such a great family and it was a pleasure spending time with you. I'm still not sure how we lost ya at the laser show! It's not like there was a crowd or anything like that. :rofl2:

I'm glad that even with the mishaps your trip turned out so great! Looking forward to seeing you and your family again. Hugs and kisses to Beth and those sweet kids!

I'm soooo stooooopid! I've been posting the pics on the wrong thread and in the wrong section! :rofl2:

I'll just start over here.

I only have a few this time b/c I'm trying to organize the photos from 3 cameras and a phone! LOL.

Did anyone get a pic of Kate? I thought I got one at Dave's site but can't find one! :(

Gabe and Lorna having a moment! My little fiend was in love with her within 10 minutes! (Sorry Lorna. Now your picture is in 2 places. hehehee.)

IMG_20110527_165927.jpg

Now he's decided to maul Donnie...

IMG_20110527_164706.jpg

A big rock. One of the boys' fave spots.

IMG_20110526_153959.jpg

I promise there's more... I'm just so unorganized. :)

Gabe running through Chris and Jen's flock of Fiendmingos.

P5292635-1.jpg

Live4FW AKA Scott and his WONDERFUL family. There is another son not pictured. Sorry Scott.

P5292633-1.jpg

Mrs. TNBob, Mrs. Total Joker aka Harlie Quinn, TNBob, 2 statz girls and a TNBob grandkid (in the middle). :-)

P5292630-1.jpg

CampingChristy, Taylor, MicNMin, Mrs. TNBob (Bunch of wonderful ladies right there!)

P5292628-1.jpg

Lil' H grinning after being serenaded for his Birthday by all the fiends!

P5292626-1.jpg

Gabe and KFK in the pool.

P5292618-1.jpg

More on the way....

If I find my camera I might have a few pics...but overall we took very few pictures. 8) Too busy chasing a VERY active Russian around! :rofl2:

Indeed you were! :rofl2: Maybe a couple of these can help u out.

Mouseketab and Gabe. He really wanted to pet the doggie but was still a little scared.

100_1576.jpg

Anna and Gabe… our two most special little fiends.

100_1571.jpg

3 lovely Statz girls + Donnie

100_1569.jpg

Beautiful Christy .. Aka It’s not Cindy and precious little Anna…

100_1567.jpg

Taylor (Christy's princess.. so precious), CampingChristy, Gabe, Anniston (Donnie's beautiful daughter).

100_1565.jpg

H and the Mayor

100_1551.jpg

Still more to come…