Memorial Day Madness At The Fort

Just spent 5 beautiful days at the fort. It was HOT and it was CROWDED. We left on Wednesday the 25th, which was my sons 21st birthday. Him (Nathen) and his girlfriend (Amanda, a.k.a. Salamander) would be joining us that evening.

Loaded up and ready to go:

memorialday2001nates21st003.jpg

Mason will get in the truck as soon as he sees the rv being hooked up. No matter how long he must wait, or how hot it is, he will make sure he doesn't get left behind:

memorialday2001nates21st002.jpg

Not long after we got onto the turnpike, we came up on "something" I wish I could tell you what it was, but I have no idea! There was no advertising or signs on it so maybe someone has seen or heard of this before?!:

memorialday2001nates21st004.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st005.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st006.jpg

It wasn't too long before we started seeing the stuff that gets everyone excited:

memorialday2001nates21st007.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st008.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st010-Copy.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st011-Copy.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st013.jpg

I had requested the main road side of the 500 loop (across from the dog park) I was assigned to site 514. No big deal, I knew it would be closer to the comfort station. When we pulled up to 514 it was ALL SUN!!! Now, for those of you that have a hybrid or pop up, you understand why that would be a problem at the end of May in Florida.

Trevor found all of the sites I had originally requested open, so he went and called and asked to be moved. They told us no problem, but make sure we come to the front and change our "pass." Huh? We've never had to do that before, and the parking "pass" doesn't even have a site number on it. So we backed into 552 to get set up:

memorialday2001nates21st014-Copy.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st016-Copy.jpg

This is a sign I had made for Nathen. The picture on it was taken on his very first trip to MK when he was 2.

memorialday2001nates21st017-Copy.jpg

Besides my snarky sign, I also have this (in case you couldn't read it from afar ;)) This is my Donnie repellent :rofl2:

memorialday2001nates21st018-Copy.jpg

After getting all set up, we drove up to the front to change our "pass" like good little campers. Trevor went in and I snapped a couple of pics:

memorialday2001nates21st023.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st020-Copy.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st021.jpg

Turns out, it was our key cards that needed to be changed, not the pass. The CM told us it was a new computer system...........whatever?!

Time to go back to camp to relax, cool off, and wait for the kids................

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are off to a great start.

I love the photo of Mason.

Good job getting a couple of snaps of that weird car. It has Florida tags. I sure have never seen or heard of it before.

I am starting to get worried about the site assigner. The fax request used to work pretty well for us, but we have had similar issues with not getting what we requested a few times recently. I have always worried that if too many people started making requests, they would just put a stop to it. But, the request for a different site technique still seems to work. I have never heard of having to get a new parking pass or KTTW cards. I wonder if yours would not have worked if you hadn't gone up as they requested.

I am looking forward to a lot more photos!

TCD

The weird car is hand built by a guy who lives in Florida. He is Finish. I know this because he is on RV Crazy on the Travel Channel I think. He sets it up with an AC in one of the side windows and uses it as an RV (sort of). He has a Van (well 3 vans squished together and a trailer built from a van that is a sauna.

:wacko:

Dan

The weird car is hand built by a guy who lives in Florida. He is Finish. I know this because he is on RV Crazy on the Travel Channel I think. He sets it up with an AC in one of the side windows and uses it as an RV (sort of). He has a Van (well 3 vans squished together and a trailer built from a van that is a sauna.

Dan

I thought I had seen that on RV Crazy

I thought I had seen that on RV Crazy

Ditto.

Well. that makes four of us.

When I first saw the photos, I thought this vehicle had been on an extreme RV show that I had watched somewhere along the line.

But, when I looked at Stefa70's photos, I thought how is this thing an RV?

And, I never realized the guy was from Florida. I got the impression that the one on the show was from out west somewhere (maybe California?).

So, thecplusguy, does this guy live in Central Florida somewhere?

TCD

Great start Stef, Nathan's picture is so cute. How do grow they so fast :blink: Good job with the site change, even in the MH I don't like to be in full sun.. Now I am sitting here waiting for more :popcorn:

Thanks doodle, I am working on my next post in between chores. Be patient..........yeah right! :rofl2:

We need pool Pics POOL POOL POOL did Disney do what they said?

I do have a couple of pool pics, but I do not know if they were enforcing the rule as I did not go in that pee pool. My guess would be NO though, as someone posted here that they were restricting guests coming into the fort this weekend, and I know that was not so true (which I will share later)

:popcorn:

Im working on it Mom! :lol:

You are off to a great start.

I love the photo of Mason.

Good job getting a couple of snaps of that weird car. It has Florida tags. I sure have never seen or heard of it before.

I am starting to get worried about the site assigner. The fax request used to work pretty well for us, but we have had similar issues with not getting what we requested a few times recently. I have always worried that if too many people started making requests, they would just put a stop to it. But, the request for a different site technique still seems to work. I have never heard of having to get a new parking pass or KTTW cards. I wonder if yours would not have worked if you hadn't gone up as they requested.

I am looking forward to a lot more photos!

TCD

Thanks TCD :heart: They did tell us to destroy our old cards as they would no longer work, whether that was true or not, who knows? :rolleyes: More photos coming up, though I didn't take as many as usual.

Screw this report. She put the JJ parking crap up for my benefit of sarcasm. I hope it got stolen. Put it up when I'm there. I'll fix it for ya.

stacktester, never mind. Mom always said if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Dan

Wow Dan, who'd thunk it?!?! The fiends knowledge never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for the info!

:popcorn: Loving this so far!

Thanks a bunch, more coming up.

Great report so far - looking forward to more!

Thanks Whip!! How is our Miracle Whip doing? :heart:

Ok, moving right along. The kids called to say they were stopping to get something to eat on their way, so Trevor ran down to Trails End to pick up food for us:

memorialday2001nates21st024.jpg

This was the first pizza I've had from there in a long time, and it wasn't half bad. Lg pepperoni, $15.00 and it was ready in 15 minutes. Worked in a pinch!

The kids finally arrived and besides Nate's sign, I had hung up some balloons, banners and a Disney tablecloth for him. He had already opened his gifts that morning, so he never thought we were going to celebrate later. ;)

memorialday2001nates21st015-Copy.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st025.jpg

I also brought a Carvel ice cream cake, which was excellent!

memorialday2001nates21st029.jpg

We hung around camp, had cake and cocktails and were going to hit the hay fairly early so we could get up and go to MK.

Amanda loves to snack, I think every trip I have pictures of her eating something. :))

memorialday2001nates21st028.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st027.jpg

The next morning we get up bright and early as MK opened at 8 am. I planned to do parks on Thursday and/or Friday before the crazy weekenders got there, then hang around the fort on Saturday & Sunday. We got to the docks about 7:30.

memorialday2001nates21st033.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st032.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st031.jpg

I love this picture! Reason being? When Nate was about 4 and just learning to read, he ran up to this sign and said (VERY PROUDLY) to his Grandma & I :

"I know what this says!!!! No fishing for ducks!!!" :lol:

memorialday2001nates21st030.jpg

If you all have been reading along, or you're a long time member, you know that Donnie a.k.a. stacktester, is always pretty mean to me. Well, just to show you all who the bigger person is, I had Amanda take this picture:

memorialday2001nates21st034.jpg

Yes, I wore it all day to show my support for his new business venture. Why do I bother?... ....I guess I'm a glutton for punishment! ::)

A couple of "on the way shots"

memorialday2001nates21st036-1.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st072.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st071.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st069.jpg

memorialday2001nates21st070.jpg

Before I end this post (not sure what the photo limit is, so I'll continue in the next one) I have to say MK's early morning hours are really screwy. The only thing open at 8 is Fantasy land, and Tomorrow land. At 9 am, the real opening time, Splash Mt was broke down with no estimated time of operation. Amanda has never been on Tom Sawyers island, so we thought we'd do that.........it doesn't open until 10. Just as we were coming around the corner POTC was opening at 10 also, so there was a HUGE line. Needless to say, if I wasn't an early riser, I would have skipped the EMH. :faceplant2:

I'll be back.....................

Nice shirt, it looks great. Did anyone ask what it is? I'm only mean to you about Jimmie so lighten up. You can handle it. I need a huge flag to fly on my cart on the 4th parade. Any ideas?

BTW, call me. My phone screwed up and I lost some contacts.

TE pizza has gotten a lot of bad publicity, but I never thought it was that bad. Looks pretty good in the picture, too.

That pizza actually looks pretty good, or maybe I'm hungry. Love the picture of Nathan with his baby picture, he's still a cutie patootie at 21 :banana: I am very proud of you for wearing the Camp Life t-shirt, maybe Donnie will start being nicer now, well you can hope :rofl2:

News Flash I am not a morning person, never been to early EMH and never will be :blink:

Keep it coming Stef this is some great stuff :heart: :banana: :banana:

TE pizza has gotten a lot of bad publicity, but I never thought it was that bad. Looks pretty good in the picture, too.

The last one I had was about 5 years ago, and it was pretty bad, mainly because it was undercooked and doughy. But we got this one right about the time they opened so I don't think they were too busy yet. That may be the key!

That pizza actually looks pretty good, or maybe I'm hungry. Love the picture of Nathan with his baby picture, he's still a cutie patootie at 21 :banana: I am very proud of you for wearing the Camp Life t-shirt, maybe Donnie will start being nicer now, well you can hope :rofl2:

News Flash I am not a morning person, never been to early EMH and never will be :blink:

Keep it coming Stef this is some great stuff :heart: :banana: :banana:

WHAAAT, you aren't a morning person?!?! Glad you told me!

I will not hold my breath until Donnie is nice. :banghead:

awesome report Stef! The pic of your son with his sign is awesome! Time goes by so fast doesnt it?? Keep it coming mama!

Thanks Judy! Yes time does fly.....and I just keep getting older! :gaah:

Enjoying the TR!

:banana:

Thanks Genia, but you may change your mind when I bring out more JJ stuff! :raspberry2: