Let's Talk About Mats - Patio And Otherwise...

Do you use a mat under your awning? If so, is it the woven kind or something else? How big is it? Do you use a mat anywhere else?

I'm asking b/c that's on my list to buy this month. I wanted the 24 foot long mat, but found a 9x12 for less than a quarter of the price, so I'm fighting with myself about buying the smaller size... maybe even more than one would be nice... what do you all think?

I have one I picked up at Wally world. I believe it is a9x12. Woven type, bought in the rv section.

That is exactly what I bought also. If I remember correctly they were $45 or so. It has held up perfectly so far & is going on it's third year of use.

Yeah, they were much cheaper than most others I looked at, and mine is holding up well, also.

I saw the Wally World mats, but didn't like the color or "flowerday" design

I am cheap and will put up with just about any design as long as the price is right.

I also have standard issue green astroturf. I shake it off now and then, and will occasionally run a vacuum across it. It's held up well for almost five years now. Only problem is if it rains the day before we pack up, it might not dry in time. I will then have to lay it out when we get home to completely dry it. I think the woven ones are better in that regard.

We used to use the green AstroTurf but I found it collected sand at the fort and got very heavy and was nearly impossible to clean. The woven mats are much better in that respect.

I've used a 10X20 piece of outdoor carpet (not astroturf) for the last 6 or so years that I got at Home Depot for less than 20 bucks. I sweeps clean well and when I get home from camping, I just lay it out in the driveway and hose it off. It's also thin enough that it rolls up compactly and fits neatly in one of my storage bays.

We've got a woven mat that we inherited with the camper that's fairly small. Then, last year up at hubby's fishing tournament, a nice fellow camper came over when he was leaving and gave us his outdoor carpeting that he wasn't going to use anymore. It's huge, but folds/rolls pretty well. That one definitely needs more TLC -- sweeping and hanging out when it gets wet. I've also had to learn some clever origami moves to get it into the storage compartment, but it's worth it.

We have an ugly brown one about 8x10, and a blue one about 9x20. Haven't seem the brown on in a while, but we use the blue one in the screen room at the Fort. Both are woven and probably came from CW years ago. We also put a small mat at the door for those sandy and leaf laden shoes.

We found a 9x20 woven that just happened to match the TT (2 tone gray) that we found on eBay.

We also have a 9x12 blue flowery one we bought at Walmart that was our first mat with the old TT. We use it now under the dogs' x-pen setup - fits perfectly.

Big fan of the mats for keeping the debris in the TT to a minimum.

Now if I could find something to keep the dog hair down!

Thanks everyone! My mat issue is solved. I really wanted a bigger mat but ended up buying three new 9x12 mats locally b/c I couldn't beat the price - he sold me all three mats still sealed in shipping boxes for $40 total.

I bought two blue mats & one in beige/mocha. When I left he still had 8-10 mocha 9x12 mats left and some 6x9 ones too. He wanted $15 each for them. I just found them on qvc for $52 each.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.M20187.desc.Scrolled-Vines-9x12-Reversible-Outdoor-Mat-by-Patiomats

If you're looking for a mat pm me and I'll give you his number...

Thanks everyone! My mat issue is solved. I really wanted a bigger mat but ended up buying three new 9x12 mats locally b/c I couldn't beat the price - he sold me all three mats still sealed in shipping boxes for $40 total.

I bought two blue mats & one in beige/mocha. When I left he still had 8-10 mocha 9x12 mats left and some 6x9 ones too. He wanted $15 each for them. I just found them on qvc for $52 each.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.M20187.desc.Scrolled-Vines-9x12-Reversible-Outdoor-Mat-by-Patiomats

If you're looking for a mat pm me and I'll give you his number...

does he take paypal?

does he take paypal?

not sure, but I do, and could send something if you wanted to pay actual shipping - I'd offer to bring it along but we're not coming south until Aug this yr. I'm sending you his number now via pm so you can call to ask him. They're large boxes, but really light...