Memorial Day At Claubough's Campground In Pigeon Forge Tn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judy ya’ll have got yourselves some beautiful kids there. Yes! Camping with the kids makes for some great vacation fun and from the looks of things plenty of that was had. Mahalo for such a wonderful trip report. :D

Great trip report...loved seeing all the pics!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading along with your live report!

Loving this report!

We love the aquarium and Dollywood.

Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure! We didnt go on the park side of Dollywood yet but I'm hoping to do that in the fall, I hear Christmas there is beautiful to!

Judy ya’ll have got yourselves some beautiful kids there. Yes! Camping with the kids makes for some great vacation fun and from the looks of things plenty of that was had. Mahalo for such a wonderful trip report. :D

Aloha H! Camping has been wonderful for my kids! I was afraid they would get bored but they really do enjoy it, they do stuff like I did when I was a kid and I find that pretty darn cool. You to have some beautiful children, I look forward to meeting them all real soon! Mahalo Nui Loa to you my friend!

One final installment to come soon..

sorry ya'll work has been a total PITA and the kids are out of school which means the activities have increased three fold! I will wrap this bad boy up tonight fiend swear! LOL

Don't worry about it.

You have done great so far.

It looks like you guys had a blast.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept that you set up camp and had a beer ready for Mr. MLM5. That is awesome!

Looking forward to the big finish!

TCD

You have a gorgeous family! It looks like y'all had a great time. I could not even imagine tent camping with 5 kids, they are certainly lucky to have you for a Mom!

Thank you sweet Rita, I'm the lucky one, my kids entertain my crazy ideas with alot of grace and style :rofl2:

Great TR and you definitely have all the cool camping gear in your setup!

thanks Monique, my set up is a constant work in progress, I really do enjoy it.

Great TR! :popcorn:

So did you brainwash, cough convince your hubby that he likes camping? :parrot:

Thanks Genia and YES!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

He loved the whole experience and wont be making fun of me anymore, he loved the campground even (I obviously am not a huge fan) he is now as excited about our trip to FW as I am and he even had me book a week at Christmas!! One of the things he like most was how "camping people" tend to congregate and just enjoy. I dont know if we can keep the Christmas ressie but dear sweet Rhonda was kind enough to put in a res for us, now we just have to figure out how to make it work.

Don't worry about it.

You have done great so far.

It looks like you guys had a blast.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept that you set up camp and had a beer ready for Mr. MLM5. That is awesome!

Looking forward to the big finish!

TCD

Thanks TCD, that's means alot coming from the master! Don't expect alot on the finish, I really didn't get enough pic's to do much more but I have a few things to tell ya'll about. (I plan on buying a new lens for my camera before our Halloween trip, I hope to deliver you a TCD worthy report on that trip!)

Love the mis match flip flops! :heart:

DSC01487.jpg

I see ghost orbs! :blink:

DSC01483.jpg

The flip flops are actually a funny story, my Dave had been feeding ducks every morning since we arrived. They were usually always gone before Xan (2yearold) got up in the morning. However Xan being Xan, he caught on pretty quick that dad was feeding ducks and he wanted to join in on the fun, poor baby missed the ducks every morning, on the last morning, he heard them out side while he was getting dressed in the tent and made a B-line out to try and catch them. I was happy that he at least thought to grab somekind of foot wear as we were on gravels, he grabbed the closest shoes he could find and you cant tell in the pic but his pants are on backwards to.. Ducks have that animal instinct and of course headed off with a quickness when he came out.. they wanted no part of a over zealous 2 year old :rofl2:

and as for the orbs... well at least two always seem to follow me around.. :o

He loved the whole experience and wont be making fun of me anymore, he loved the campground even (I obviously am not a huge fan) he is now as excited about our trip to FW as I am and he even had me book a week at Christmas!! One of the things he like most was how "camping people" tend to congregate and just enjoy. I dont know if we can keep the Christmas ressie but dear sweet Rhonda was kind enough to put in a res for us, now we just have to figure out how to make it work.

So it wasn't the cold beer, just the "camping people"? :popcorn:

To keep the Christmas reservations, tell him Snarky Fiends deliver cold beer like Santa during Christmas season....might work. >:D :dance:

So it wasn't the cold beer, just the "camping people"? :popcorn:

To keep the Christmas reservations, tell him Snarky Fiends deliver cold beer like Santa during Christmas season....might work. >:D :dance:

The cold beer was the warm up, but the atmosphere to include the awesome people we met just drove it all home.. I hope we can keep the Christmas ressie, I can't wait to actually meet some fiends and enjoy a nice beverage!

I am 54 years old and still go outside with mismatched footwear and my pants on backwards.

The last night…

So we had a great day at the waterpark. We will probably head back this way 4th of July weekend but hope to find a different camp ground in that area. I was to pooped to fire up the grill so we decided we'd take the kids out for dinner and we finally gave in to begging and checked out a couple of Arcades and a go cart track…

DSC01461.jpg

My personal favorite game… HOOPS!

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

and then the go carts..

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

and a few carnival rides for Xander.. (Dave is going to kill me for showing you this one.. lol)

DSC01404.jpg

And of course, being our son, he has a normal affection for helicopters..

DSC01397.jpg

And as for princess Izzy.. well she was done after the water park.. poor baby didn’t wake up once! DSC01398.jpg

We ate dinner that night at the Wood Grill Buffet in Pigeon Forge, pretty darn impressive for the money spent compared to the amount of food that was available (our bill was around $85, not bad for 7 people!). I highly recommend it for families with children. Dave decided he wanted to go hang out with the neighbors, we hit a few of the tacky souvenir shops and picked up the obligatory magnet, a cross bow for my son, some rocks for the girls (they love collecting gem stones) for fudge for mommy and headed back to camp. We got some of the hand dipped ice cream from the snack shop, talked with the neighbors, the kids played in the creek and literally killed out by like 9. Dave and I sat around, drank a few beers, talked to some more people and went to bed around midnight. It simply couldn’t have been a more perfect ending to a perfect day!

Thanks for reading along, I know it sure took me a while to finish it off but that's what happens when you have 5 kids! We are planning a weekend trip on the 4th of July somewhere in TN and then our big trip this year will be in October, Halloween at FW!!