ajcjmom's weekend at the Fort

What a great surprise for your DH. I bet that earned you some points :banana: And the car he got to drive just gave me goose bumps, how wonderful for our troopsproud.gif

I got a few points, but now he wants to sky dive! :rofl2:

I agree, I also think it was wonderful that they got to ride in the car.

My brother an ex F-22 pilot, would say it was a little slow at 140 mph! :rofl2:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool cool cool! I love the surprise for DH - good for you!

I'm still hung up on the countries -

I've got Iraq, Iran, Israel, Indonesia, Iceland, Italy, India, Ireland, and.... come on... what is it????

Cool cool cool! I love the surprise for DH - good for you!

I'm still hung up on the countries -

I've got Iraq, Iran, Israel, Indonesia, Iceland, Italy, India, Ireland, and.... come on... what is it????

Our Server told us, Isle of Mann or Isle of Wright

Great report! That view from your cabin porch looks great...quite a bit of privacy.

What did you eat at 50's? That's one of my favorite places to dine. Especially am a fan of the PB&J milkshake.

Looking forward to more!

We enjoy the cabins. I would prefer to have a camper but the DH is not the camping type.

I am working on changing his mind!

I had the pot pie and DH had the sampler(fried chicken, pot roast and meat loaf)!

Everything was great!

Well this must be a great TR because I just learned something new!

I had no idea they had Indy cars running at the track too. I'm betting it feels a hell of a lot faster riding in those than the big honkin' NASCAR cars - especially with your head sticking out! :o

Really cool about the car going to the troops and them signing it.

:usa:

Great going on the Cabin TR!!! My parents often stay in the cabins and love them. I'm enjoying following along! :yay:

I don't remember seeing a "don't feed the wildlife" sign either - I wonder what prompted that.

Probably someone feeding the wildlife. :rofl2: :rofl2:

My DH registered last month. He still doesn't log in. He makes me read everything to him :rofl2: It drives me nuts :blink:

Don't feel bad. I have to be the spell checker for H. Yes, we do have spell check on the 'puter. No, he will not use it. He'd rather make me spell it for him. Drives me nuts too! :wacko:

DH here,

Food Poisoning Sux!

Glad you got better and could enjoy some of your trip!

DH here,

Food Poisoning Sux!

Why yes, yes it does ! Welcome to the FF site!

Well I am back. Work got in the way. :rofl2:

After the roller coaster we hit the shops for a while to cool off.

I love the art deco in some of the shops.

qwLtu.jpg

After so many trips to the World, I still find myself fascinated with the details in the buildings and in various places around the parks. I might try and capture a few of those details on our next trip in August. With the heat we will face, I expect to be strolling through some shops from point A to point B. Love this detail shot.

We decided to ride The Great Movie Ride, we were wasting time till lunch.

They had changed things up a little since I was last on the ride.

We were "hijacked" in the western scene.

In all the times I ridden the Great Movie Ride, we have only been hijacked to the western side once. :blink:

The GMR scene with the hijack by the cowboy is not new.

When you enter the big room in the line, before you board, there are actually two lines. If you go to the right, you will be sitting in one of the front cars. These cars drive through the gangster scene, and stop in the Western scene. While the back cars have the gangster shoot-out and hijack, the front cars are stopped in the Western scene, and witness a bank robbery and fire. When the cars move again, the back cars pass right through the Western scene without stopping.

For a long time, I knew nothing about the Cowboy/Bank Robbery scene. For whatever reason, we have always taken the left line. After hearing about the Cowboy/Bank Robbery scene, I at first did not believe it, as we had never seen it or heard of it after many rides. Then one time I asked the castmember monitoring the lines about it, and we were directed to the right, and we got the Cowboy hijack instead of the Gangster hijack. If you want to see the Cowboy, just ask. I understand, however, that they sometimes only run the one hijack sequence during slower times.

Now, on with the report!

TCD

The GMR scene with the hijack by the cowboy is not new.

When you enter the big room in the line, before you board, there are actually two lines. If you go to the right, you will be sitting in one of the front cars. These cars drive through the gangster scene, and stop in the Western scene. While the back cars have the gangster shoot-out and hijack, the front cars are stopped in the Western scene, and witness a bank robbery and fire. When the cars move again, the back cars pass right through the Western scene without stopping.

For a long time, I knew nothing about the Cowboy/Bank Robbery scene. For whatever reason, we have always taken the left line. After hearing about the Cowboy/Bank Robbery scene, I at first did not believe it, as we had never seen it or heard of it after many rides. Then one time I asked the castmember monitoring the lines about it, and we were directed to the right, and we got the Cowboy hijack instead of the Gangster hijack. If you want to see the Cowboy, just ask. I understand, however, that they sometimes only run the one hijack sequence during slower times.

Now, on with the report!

TCD

I did not know that. Learn something new.

Work is busy today so I will have to update later tonight or hopefully tomorrow!

Great job on the surprise! Hubby looked thrilled to death. You must have been #1 on the best wives in the world list for that one. Maybe if you keep up those excellent surprises, he can repay you with an rv!?! (It's worth a try ;))

Great job on the surprise! Hubby looked thrilled to death. You must have been #1 on the best wives in the world list for that one. Maybe if you keep up those excellent surprises, he can repay you with an rv!?! (It's worth a try ;))

Thanks, hubby had a lot of fun.

Well after the ride, we went back to the cabin. We went looping and took a few pics.

DH was driving and was complaining that the cart was too slow! :rofl2:

We though these were cute.

qOGOv.jpg

Pirates were here!

oy0Qy.jpg

dM91j.jpg

AatUo.jpg

5v3BR.jpg

After looping it was back to the cabin for hamburgers on the grill!

Next up Sunday!

Sunday came and it was our last full day at the Fort.

Today was Animal Kingdom.

We were a little late going and we started with the Safari ride.

DH said he was having a bad hair day.

EgeU2.jpg

UZPfF.jpg

xvhpp.jpg

The Lion was up and moving

8PG1C.jpg

ov00w.jpg

pW0GS.jpg

q1OTj.jpg

The ostrich did not look like they were happy we were diving by.

I1IzF.jpg

lKf8r.jpg

I love the safari. You got some great pictures :banana:

Thanks, I was amazed that these came out ok.

I set the camera on "burst"(I think that what it is called) and just held the button down.

It makes it crazy going through all the pics! :blink:

Well I need to finish this up. After the safari ride, we rode the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Saw these...

ClHgk.jpg

WcXfe.jpg

gC4Po.jpg

and this

hWx0U.jpg

She said this snake was missing a color. I really didn't care! DH went and petted the thing and said come touch it, it is really soft. Well I touched and I freaked, I do not like snakes!!! It was time to go!!!!

After this we went to lunch at Tusker House. This was the first time for DH. I have been several times and enjoy the different offerings. DH said he liked it and would go back again.

Sunday night was spent packing and hanging around the cabin. We did go looping after dark, no pics though.

Monday morning came too soon!

I went to grab a muffin and took these last couple of pics.

They were trimming trees in the loop across from us.

IieaY.jpg

They were also pouring cement for the pool

Jo7Pw.jpg

One last look around the cabin and I noticed this on the phone

BzfOR.jpg

Musket Mickey lives on in the cabins!

A few last thoughts...

We had a lot of fun. I prefer cabins to the other resorts. Don't get me wrong, the other resorts are nice, but being at the Fort is just so peaceful. I can sit back and relax.

I love looping whether we rent a cart or bikes. We have a lot of fun looking at all the different campers and setups. Our goal in the coming year is to buy us some bikes to bring with us. DH also wants to try and rent a cart from an outside vendor next time so he can compare the carts.

Next planned trip is in November, 4th - 7th. We are trying to decide who is coming and what type of room we will need.

I hope everyone enjoyed my report. I wish everyone a safe and happy camping summer!

Till next time,

ajcjmom

While we were in line for the Safari ride I noticed someone wearing a "U Can't C Me" John Cena shirt in at least 2XL - doesn't that defeat the purpose of "U Can't C Me"?

Also, Do you think Disney could add body spray or sometime of deodorant to the misters around the park so people get cool and smell better? Anyone?

I got a few points, but now he wants to sky dive! :rofl2:

I agree, I also think it was wonderful that they got to ride in the car.

My brother an ex F-22 pilot, would say it was a little slow at 140 mph! :rofl2:

Looks like you had a terrific time. I love the idea of the signatures on the car from servicemembers riding in it!

for skydiving.... have you ever tried skyventure in orlando? We haven't been in years and it looks like they may have changed ownership but it was a lot of fun for DS33. The girls are hoping they'll get to try it out someday too...

http://iflyorlando.com/ifly-indoor-skydiving.

for skydiving.... have you ever tried skyventure in orlando? We haven't been in years and it looks like they may have changed ownership but it was a lot of fun for DS33. The girls are hoping they'll get to try it out someday too...

http://iflyorlando.com/ifly-indoor-skydiving.

I mentioned that, but he wants the real thing!

Thanks for sharing your cabin trip. I would say thanks for the Indy car pics, but now hubby wants to do it, so you've cost me a lot of money! :argh: :lol:

Good job spotting the musket Mickey on the phone, he's quite elusive these days!