That's How We Roll! A Day in the Life of TCD

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hooray for hooky from work!!! I know what you mean about one bad experience with a food item. I have had a few such occurrences in my life, too. For example, I cannot eat French Silk pie. I got reall

Yay! Another report! That is so awesome that you guys can go to WDW just for the day. :dance:

Love the pics - especially the one of the American exhibit in the distance between the Cars. DD says she liked the Bambi flower picture.

So why didn't you chase 'Mater? :rolleyes: That would have been fun to see.

I put my artwork on display:

101_0049.jpg

101_0051.jpg

After I had posted my art, a soccer mom (or maybe it was a cheerleader mom) came in with her perfect daughter and literally gasped when she saw my art. She said she could not believe someone had been so disrespectful! I think the perfect daughter liked it. I just smiled.

Nice!!

The fish and chips is my favorite meal at Disney - I like it so much - if you look closely I have a picture of it in my signature. A nice cold beer - fish and chips on the water - Im all set. Thanks for taking the time to do a trip report for even a one day visit - thats dedication to your followers!

I will tell you, I have had fish and chips all over England, (my cousin drove a delivery van for chip shops and took me with him, I did a lot of sampling) and the fish and chips are tasty there, but don't hold a candle to the real stuff.. LOL

I will tell you, I have had fish and chips all over England, (my cousin drove a delivery van for chip shops and took me with him, I did a lot of sampling) and the fish and chips are tasty there, but don't hold a candle to the real stuff.. LOL

Well being England, the fish and chips over there are probably fried in 500 year old oil. :rofl2:

I'm so jealous y'all can just jump in a car and head to WDW for a fun day like that. Can't wait to hear about your visit to the Fort!

Yep. I love where we live- 10 minutes to the beach, 90 minutes (on a good day) to WDW.

Pretty much perfect!

Like it, I love it. Thanks so much :banana:

Good. I'm glad you liked that photo! You will have to get yourself one of those glittery balloons on your next visit!

Yay! Another report! That is so awesome that you guys can go to WDW just for the day. :dance:

Love the pics - especially the one of the American exhibit in the distance between the Cars. DD says she liked the Bambi flower picture.

So why didn't you chase 'Mater? :rolleyes: That would have been fun to see.

Maybe I should have chased Mater. I wasn't sure that this was something new. We have seen Mater and Lightning McQueen at their meet and greet. But, I do think this was something different.

Nice!!

Thanks!

I'm sure.

But, I'm not going to travel all the way to Jolly England to find out.

Well being England, the fish and chips over there are probably fried in 500 year old oil. :rofl2:

Yechh!

I'll bet that smells good when it's cooking.

TCD

Umm . . .

You do live close enough for a day trip.

I've done many day trips to Tally- it's about a four hour drive. Isn't that how far WDW is for you?

TCD

From where we are, WDW is about 6 hours driving the car. Towing the camper adds to that time. For a one day trip, we would have 12 hours on the road plus whatever park time we put in - which, realistically, turns a one day trip into two days. Add in the cost of gas for over 600 miles round trip, and it just isn't worth it.

So far on this trip, we have visited Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom.

It is now time for our chicken dinner at Trail's End.

So that means a boat ride to the Fort.

We always have great luck with WDW transportation, and we hardly at the dock before our green flagged boat arrived:

101_0098.jpg

Look at all the American flags in this photo!:

101_0103.jpg

As soon as we boarded and got on our way, a Wilderness Lodge boat approached:

101_0107.jpg

Here's a shot as we crossed over the famous water bridge on our way to into Bay Lake:

101_0112.jpg

There's the Wilderness Lodge dock:

101_0118.jpg

And the shipwreck on Discovery Island:

101_0121.jpg

Here's the castmember dock right next to River Country:

101_0124.jpg

And here are a couple of shots of River Country:

101_0127.jpg

101_0130.jpg

Here's the Shoe Tree. I can't see any shoes in this photo, but I know I saw at least one pair dangling from the tree:

101_0131.jpg

Finally, we reach the FW dock!:

101_0140.jpg

Here's the FW marina, and Clementine's Beach off to the right:

101_0146.jpg

Over to the left of the dock, I noticed something unusual.

In fact, it made me say, WTF!

(That's What The Fort?).

This gentleman decided that he would do a little fishing over here:

101_0147.jpg

101_0148.jpg

101_0149.jpg

You may be thinking that this is no big deal. But, there is a sign right by where this genius entered the lake that says "No Swimming" and "No Fishing from the Beach." I guess, technically, this fellow wasn't doing either of those things. So, maybe he is smarter than he looks. Nevertheless, I awarded him a TCD Real Man of Genius Award. Congratulations to him!

Here we are at good old Pioneer Hall:

101_0150.jpg

I love the view from just outside the doors here:

101_0151.jpg

Here we are turned just a bit, you can see the Settlement Trading Post off to the right, and the blue water of Bay Lake through the trees:

101_0152.jpg

Here we are just outside Crockett's Tavern, looking out toward the marina:

101_0153.jpg

The flowers and trees look great now that Spring has arrived:

101_0154.jpg

101_0155.jpg

This is where the River Country Wagon belongs, but it is still MIA:

101_0156.jpg

While we waited for our food order, I took a short walk down to Clementine's Beach:

101_0157.jpg

Here we are at the sidewalk that leads to the beach, looking back toward the Settlement Trading Post. You can see the big round Trading Post sign in the far back of this photo:

101_0158.jpg

Here comes a horse and carriage:

101_0159.jpg

101_0161.jpg

And, here's a look toward the Barn and old Petting Zoo:

101_0163.jpg

Here's a side view of Crockett's Tavern/Trail's End:

101_0164.jpg

Here's a couple of shots of the horse and carriage from the Trail's End porch:

101_0165.jpg

101_0166.jpg

Since I still had a few minutes before our order would be ready, I decided to head over to the Settlement Trading Post for a look around.

I made an important discovery behind the Trading Post.

And I have some photos to show you relating to this discovery.

I'll have those for you to see in my next post.

TCD

From where we are, WDW is about 6 hours driving the car. Towing the camper adds to that time. For a one day trip, we would have 12 hours on the road plus whatever park time we put in - which, realistically, turns a one day trip into two days. Add in the cost of gas for over 600 miles round trip, and it just isn't worth it.

Oh. I didn't know it was a six hour drive for you. In that case, I agree, that is too far for a good day trip.

woo hoo great pics!!!! :banana:

Thanks!

Great Pictures, and a cliffhanger :suspense:

Well, like the title says, that is how I roll!

I LOVE the "How we roll" trip report so far....always a teaser at the end to make sure that we stay tuned...are you sure you aren't a TV script writer??

Nancy

Yeah, I'm a regular Ryan Seacrest aren't I?

TCD

playing catch up this morning, playing hooky from work , bring it! :popcorn: I can't do fish and chips, one bad experience ruins it for you for EVAH! :barf:

Hooray for hooky from work!!!

I know what you mean about one bad experience with a food item.

I have had a few such occurrences in my life, too.

For example, I cannot eat French Silk pie. I got really sick after eating a big piece of it once. The thing is, I'm sure my illness had nothing to do with the pie, but I have never wanted to eat another piece.

It's weird how that works, isn't it?

TCD

Hooray for hooky from work!!!

I know what you mean about one bad experience with a food item.

I have had a few such occurrences in my life, too.

For example, I cannot eat French Silk pie. I got really sick after eating a big piece of it once. The thing is, I'm sure my illness had nothing to do with the pie, but I have never wanted to eat another piece.

It's weird how that works, isn't it?

TCD

yes, on this day I decided to "stick it to the man" and stay home and yet send the kiddos to day camp :rofl2: Pretty sure I lost points for mom of the year award on this one

yes, food aversions are powerful things, I've acquired a few along my way, I can't stand the smell of that stuff they call "corn beef" in the can, takes me to a bad place.. and I had a run in with Irish Car Bombs one new years eve.. thus the reason I'm forever a beer girl, they can keep the hard stuff :rofl2:

I was about ten years old. Eating out with some family members. I had chocolate cream pie, which I loved. My smart-mouthed 5-year-old cousin thought it would be cute to start yellling "vomit, vomit!" Over and over again. Guess what I did and what I haven't eaten since ...

yes, on this day I decided to "stick it to the man" and stay home and yet send the kiddos to day camp :rofl2: Pretty sure I lost points for mom of the year award on this one

yes, food aversions are powerful things, I've acquired a few along my way, I can't stand the smell of that stuff they call "corn beef" in the can, takes me to a bad place.. and I had a run in with Irish Car Bombs one new years eve.. thus the reason I'm forever a beer girl, they can keep the hard stuff :rofl2:

Irish Car Bombs? I never heard of those.

On the night of my 18th birthday (when the legal drinking age was 18), I was working as a bus boy at a restaurant/bar. The manager was giving me a drink he called Snakebites all night long. They were made with Peppermint Schnapps and some kind of whiskey. Long story short, I needed a ride home that night, and I was praying at the porcelain altar all day the next day. I have not touched Peppermint Schnapps since.

Sage.... Someone made sage dressing when I was pregnant with my first child and to this day I can't take the smell of sage dressing.

Wait a sec.

Is this a thread hijack?

I was about ten years old. Eating out with some family members. I had chocolate cream pie, which I loved. My smart-mouthed 5-year-old cousin thought it would be cute to start yellling "vomit, vomit!" Over and over again. Guess what I did and what I haven't eaten since ...

Yes, I think this is a hijack.

And, that's a funny story.

I know it's not funny to you, but it is a funny story.

TCD

Coolest dad ever award!

My mom would let me skip school and go to Busch Gardens if I got good grades and if I were under the days you can miss and still exempt exams rule. Therefore, I went to school sick as a dog so I could use my 4 days a semester at Busch Gardens :lol:

This was before we have our RV and Disney season passes... going to Disney would have been awesome! I do not know if BG still does this but when I was in high school you could go during the month of March, pay a 1 day admission, and come pack the rest of the year free :banana: for a 16 year-old that's pretty sweet!