TCD's Kickin' Off Summer 2011 @ The Fort Trip Report

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One would think he learned his lesson last time....when the parent is away the teenagers will play :suspense:

I can feel my maturity level dropping by the smiley.... oh...no :suspense:

I'll was going to start the hijacking with a smiley thon but there is apprently a limit to the number of emoticons allowed in a single posted :comeback:

that's just not right :lol: :o :wiz: :rofl2: <_< :siren:

That bag with two tent pegs in it costs $4.95:

100_0618.jpg

It's not so much the cost of the tent pegs that get me, it's the gall of putting the Christian symbol on the bag to let you know who is sticking it to you. Kinda like strippers wearing crosses... what exactly is the message you are trying to send? BTW, yes I know the original vendor of the tent pegs probably never intended their product to be used for price gouging, I guess I just wish Disney had repackaged them before chiseling their guests.

Also, duct tape has never been used to FIX anything! "Fixed" implies a permanent state of repair which duct tape cannot guarantee. It is however useful for patches. (any other STTNG fans recognize that line of logic?).

ShantaClausSm.png

It's not so much the cost of the tent pegs that get me, it's the gall of putting the Christian symbol on the bag to let you know who is sticking it to you. Kinda like strippers wearing crosses... what exactly is the message you are trying to send? BTW, yes I know the original vendor of the tent pegs probably never intended their product to be used for price gouging, I guess I just wish Disney had repackaged them before chiseling their guests.

Also, duct tape has never been used to FIX anything! "Fixed" implies a permanent state of repair which duct tape cannot guarantee. It is however useful for patches. (any other STTNG fans recognize that line of logic?).

ShantaClausSm.png

I'd say that would have to be Data logic. Oh no my geekiness is showing .... and I had refrained from all the Star Wars stuff in the previous TR (need a smiley for running screaming from a room)

I'd say that would have to be Data logic. Oh no my geekiness is showing .... and I had refrained from all the Star Wars stuff in the previous TR (need a smiley for running screaming from a room)

Ha ha! Yes! Data had to seal the temporal rift caused by the Mannheim effect using antimatter, the Star Trek equivalent of duct tape! Well patched! Welcome to the geekdom!

While we're hijacking: I hope everyone had a most pleasant Veterans of Domestic Wars Day yesterday... what's that, you've never heard of that holiday? Maybe I'm the only one who refers to their wedding anniversary that way! The Mrs and I hit the 16 year mark yesterday and we'd both agree that it’s a miracle of God's grace that two so very different and difficult people should be so thoroughly knit together.