Very glad to see increased security on holiday weekends

This past weekend I saw pleasant changes happening at the fort. I can't say that people have started to completely start behaving themselves, but there were certainly an increased presence seen. There were some new plans for gold cart parking for the fireworks. Hopefully the management will learn what worked and not worked and make even more improvements. It is nice to see the rangers. I haven't got a chancetosee Ranger Bill yet, but I have met two others and I am happy to say they are super. I know this is a work in progress, but any improvement is appreciated.

"Gold" cart parking must be really special??!!!

Can't wait to see what it is!! :banana: :banana:

:rofl2: I was just thinking that too!

If we're paying extra for different levels then besides gold, silver, and slumdog, I want a fiends level... :dance:

That's great! I know when we were there last month, I saw a bunch of people parking in overflow and catching a bus to the pool! They were all dressed in bathing suits and had towels and floats. Pretty frustrating when you know how much you paid to be there and to have use of the pool, and knowing they are using it for free! Keep cracking down!!

This past weekend I saw pleasant changes happening at the fort. I can't say that people have started to completely start behaving themselves, but there were certainly an increased presence seen. There were some new plans for gold cart parking for the fireworks. Hopefully the management will learn what worked and not worked and make even more improvements. It is nice to see the rangers. I haven't got a chancetosee Ranger Bill yet, but I have met two others and I am happy to say they are super. I know this is a work in progress, but any improvement is appreciated.

Thanks, AugurnJen!

Sorry, we have varying shifts around the clock and we rotate in and out during those shifts. But, I am pleased to hear you met two or my fellow Rangers. Yes, it is a "work in progress" and I am pleased to share that not only do we have the support from upper Management they back us in every way and are behind this movment to improve the Fort in all aspects of safety, enjoyment and looking at every reasonable attempt in helping you, the guest(s) enjoy memorable moments evey second you are at the Fort. I will make it around soon.

Ranger Bill

That's great! I know when we were there last month, I saw a bunch of people parking in overflow and catching a bus to the pool! They were all dressed in bathing suits and had towels and floats. Pretty frustrating when you know how much you paid to be there and to have use of the pool, and knowing they are using it for free! Keep cracking down!!

We are now doing spot checking for Fort Resort cards at the pool. And, supplying the Fort registered guests with special arm bands. And, asking those who can not produce their Fort ID proof to leave so you, the registered guests to enjoy our lovely pool. It, is not all fool proof. But, we are doing the best we can to help you, our special guests.:banana:

Ranger Bill

We are now doing spot checking for Fort Resort cards at the pool. And, supplying the Fort registered guests with special arm bands. And, asking those who can not produce their Fort ID proof to leave so you, the registered guests to enjoy our lovely pool. It, is not all fool proof. But, we are doing the best we can to help you, our special guests.:banana:

Ranger Bill

Not sure if it's something that's easily done or not, BUT ... since a fair number of the locals load up the the Outpost Bus Stop, why not have a Fort Ranger there occasionally to 'shortstop' their trip in?

Ranger Bill

thumbsup_2-1kkdh18.gif

Not sure if it's something that's easily done or not, BUT ... since a fair number of the locals load up the the Outpost Bus Stop, why not have a Fort Ranger there occasionally to 'shortstop' their trip in?

Now that sounds like a great idea, Ed. Ranger Bill, we thank you for what you are doing. It has been a long time coming.

Yay Ranger Bill - nice to see you on the boards! Please, if you see any of our purple "fiendmingos" around the Fort, feel free to stop in and say hello, especially if you smell food cooking..... ;)

Thanks for not being afraid to help keep the Fort the place we enjoy!! We appreciate what you do.

Ranger Bill,

As some one who frequents F W many times a year due to living only 90 minutes away I salute you and management for the great efforts you are making. I will gladly wear a wrist band (and I hate having things around my wrist) if it means a less crowded pool. There have been frustrating times when we haven't been able to get a seat and the fort hasn't been that crowded. Love the new rules because we pay a lot to be there. Thanks.

Ranger Bill,

As some one who frequents F W many times a year due to living only 90 minutes away I salute you and management for the great efforts you are making. I will gladly wear a wrist band (and I hate having things around my wrist) if it means a less crowded pool. There have been frustrating times when we haven't been able to get a seat and the fort hasn't been that crowded. Love the new rules because we pay a lot to be there. Thanks.

I too am glad to have you here Ranger Bill! I was also happy to see more security this past week but became extremely frustrated twice at the pool. On both the 3rd and the 4th I attempted to take my son to the main pool and wasn't able to get in. I had been told that ID's were being checked & about the wristbands. But when I arrived there was nobody checking ID and I knew that some were locals, hence the locals who drove up in front of me, stopped on the road, everyone got out with their 'gear' and walked to the pool. They joined a large group at the pavilion. I didn't see anyone of 'authority' around to complain to. Thank goodness the cabin pool wasn't bad & we were able to get in without issue. I live locally as well and can tell the above mentioned folks were locals by the license plate frame & tag. Thanks for listening to my complaints:)