TCD's Flippin' Awesome July 4 2011 Fort Trip Report!

I agree Whip you were robbed!

I had to post to defend my beer.

I drink all kinds of beer but Coors Light is my beer of choice.

I've always preferred it, as far back as I can remember, you know since I was 15 or 16, haha.

Miller Lite is my least favorite, but I do drink it if there isn't any other options.

I guess I'm in the Coors Light minority here though, but that's fine, just means more for me!

WBI

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Here we go. I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here. Can you handle the truth? If not, don't read this post. Also, I note with interest that we have a new

I read Whip's TR on the place we shall not name. I thought it was something then and I still do. But why was it disqualified?

Sorry Andrew, back to your TR :banana:

Yeah.

Nice hijack!

If I remember correctly, Whipperwhirl was disqualified because she didn't fit into one of the judging categories. Which is pretty dumb, because it was advertised as a site decorating contest. She decorated her site pretty well, I would say.

Like Whip already said, these contests aren't a fair competition.

You'll see what evidence I have of that if I can get this trip report back on track.

I agree Whip you were robbed!

I had to post to defend my beer.

I drink all kinds of beer but Coors Light is my beer of choice.

I've always preferred it, as far back as I can remember, you know since I was 15 or 16, haha.

Miller Lite is my least favorite, but I do drink it if there isn't any other options.

I guess I'm in the Coors Light minority here though, but that's fine, just means more for me!

WBI

Good man.

Defend your beer!

I don't think you're completely alone.

I believe S70 and her crew drink the beer with the blue mountains.

TCD

Too funny! My husband is a big Old Speckled Hen fan, and I too call it "chicken beer"! Great minds think alike. 8)

Hey there wendinator, unless I missed it, this is your first post on this TR.

Thanks for joining in!

I love your avatar.

Big Country Bears fan here.

I don't do many things well but I can hijack a thread faster than you can blink :rofl2:

Well, at least you're good at something, right?

So, while we are on this little detour, why don't you tell us where you stand on Coor's beer?

TCD

I don't do many things well but I can hijack a thread faster than you can blink :rofl2:

Shhh.... since the hijack was about beer your suppose to lie and tell us you do everything well. right before you dance by yourself way too early in the evening, tell everyone embarrassing secrets at the top of your lungs, and stumble off to pass out or .....

Well, at least you're good at something, right?

So, while we are on this little detour, why don't you tell us where you stand on Coor's beer?

TCD

I know I should never admit this, but I do not like beer, at all. My family thinks I must have been switched at birth :rofl2: Now if you want to talk rum, I'm an equal opportunity rum lover :banana:

I don't think you're completely alone.

I believe S70 and her crew drink the beer with the blue mountains.

TCD

Wow, you have a mind like a steel trap! Yes, we have been known to suck down a few Coors lights. I do draw the line with Natty light, or Milwaukees best. Yuk!

Still waiting on your next update, these people are so easily sidetracked! ;)

Hey there wendinator, unless I missed it, this is your first post on this TR.

Thanks for joining in!

I love your avatar.

Big Country Bears fan here.

Your powers of observation are, as usual, spot on! I'm more of a lurker 'round these parts. Though I keep telling myself I really should do a trip report from my April trip with my sister, even though we didn't stay at the Fort this time. It was very memorable and more fun than should be legal. I'm just worried about "outing" her online since she didn't tell her 5 year old twins she was going without them!

That picture in my avatar was taken on that same trip. Blood on the Saddle cracks me up every time.

If you need me, I'll be over here lurking. ;)

Oy, we are on some kind of hijack here!

Shhh.... since the hijack was about beer your suppose to lie and tell us you do everything well. right before you dance by yourself way too early in the evening, tell everyone embarrassing secrets at the top of your lungs, and stumble off to pass out or .....

That is pretty danged funny!

And, so true!

I know I should never admit this, but I do not like beer, at all. My family thinks I must have been switched at birth :rofl2: Now if you want to talk rum, I'm an equal opportunity rum lover :banana:

You're right.

You shouldn't have admitted that.

But rum lovers are OK with me.

BTW- this is really turning into quite a hijack.

Nice work.

Wow, you have a mind like a steel trap! Yes, we have been known to suck down a few Coors lights. I do draw the line with Natty light, or Milwaukees best. Yuk!

Still waiting on your next update, these people are so easily sidetracked! ;)

Yes.

Like a steel trap I tell you!

Now, what were we talking about?

Just to further hijack this report, I have spent the afternoon in the pool drinking Coronas so if I have misspelled anything, sorry! ;)

Ah!

Corona!

That's my beach and cruise beer!

And sometimes my camping beer!

Your powers of observation are, as usual, spot on! I'm more of a lurker 'round these parts. Though I keep telling myself I really should do a trip report from my April trip with my sister, even though we didn't stay at the Fort this time. It was very memorable and more fun than should be legal. I'm just worried about "outing" her online since she didn't tell her 5 year old twins she was going without them!

That picture in my avatar was taken on that same trip. Blood on the Saddle cracks me up every time.

If you need me, I'll be over here lurking. ;)

Your sister sounds like a lot of fun.

You really should do a trip report.

It's not too late.

I posted several this year which were a bit dated.

How about just a little short one?

Blood on the Saddle. Now there's a song that I am always surprised to hear at the MK.

I'm going to have to stop in there the next time I'm at MK.

I'll get a pistol mickey smashed penny and take in a show.

Maybe I'll have some Coor's Light first.

TCD

Sorry for the hijack TCD - I have never seen photos of it before when it was falling down - kind of looks like a ship wreck - I love it. For those who wanted to know - apparently a pirate ship isn't Halloween enough. The snow globe I got sits on a shelf over a toilet in my house.

No apology is necessary.

I enjoy a good hijack.

And, this is a good hijack.

Yes, your ship got pretty saturated because we had a rainy November that year. You can see that folks tried to keep it propped up. In the time I was there, it was listing pretty bad. The cardboard under the duct tape was really soggy.

I love where you chose to display your snow globe.

I still feel bad about the injustice of the site decorating contest that year, but a snow globe may have ended up being a better prize than what the winners received.

TCD

OK- I have been trying to get to this all day, but was sidetracked by the hijack.

I have a little post script to my report on watching the announcement of the golf cart parade winners.

As you can see from the photos, there was a pretty good crowd gathered.

And, since we had been dropped off, and were going to be picked up, we hung back a little after the announcements were made. We were going to grab a drink, and then give my DD a call to come and pick us up in the golf cart.

As my DD and I were standing there, a young man walked up and said hello. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. He had a beautiful blond-haired young lady with him. I thought they might have been some of my oldest daughter's college-aged friends. Then the young man said, I'm Nick, you know, WannaBeImagineer. It was fellow fiend WBI and his fiancee! What an attractive young couple! My DD and I chatted with Nick and his fiancee. He told me how they had come up from Naples to spend the night in Wilderness Lodge, and had closed down MK at 3 am that very morning. I was very impressed. We chatted about Fort Wilderness, and Seaside, where Nick and his fiancee will be getting married later this year. It was a nice, but short visit. They are a very nice young couple. Then we parted ways.

It was great to meet you WBI!

And CP too!

Next up, we get back to base camp, and I spy some freeloaders.

And we will take a look at the Meadow Swimming Pool on the 4th of July.

And, I finally get to meet a Fiend I've been waiting a long time to meet!

TCD

TCD, the next time you see freeloaders, you should act all "management" like and ask them to do a survey. (ya know like they do sometimes when you walk into the parks)

Like:

Is this your first visit?

What loop are you staying in?

Why did you choose the Fort as your resort?

I bet it would be fun to watch them squirm, and you would be perfect for that mission! Or maybe Yuri could do it the next time he drops in.

TCD, the next time you see freeloaders, you should act all "management" like and ask them to do a survey. (ya know like they do sometimes when you walk into the parks)

Like:

I bet it would be fun to watch them squirm, and you would be perfect for that mission! Or maybe Yuri could do it the next time he drops in.

Now that is a great idea!

I would be good at that.

Maybe I should ask to be assigned to 1501 again.

I could sit right there behind my site.

I'd put a stop to the freeloaders.

I wonder if Ranger Sean would lend me his Segway?

TCD

Like:

I'd like to be there to see that :rofl2:

I'm just getting caught up on this TR - so I'm going back to the hijack to start off - just can't stay out of a beer conversation. :rolleyes:

Our cheap beer of choice is Milwaukee's Best Light - which I think a couple of people have said is a Coors product - but it's not, it's a Miller product. I prefer mostly the Miller products anyway. Coors light is fine. Not a fan of Bud products - except Bud Select is pretty good.

Stefa - have you ever made beer-garitas with Coronas and frozen lime-aid? :dance:

And Doodles - my very first alcoholic beverage was Malibu Rum and orange juice. :unsure:

I'm with you, TCD on the cart parade being fixed. I mean, that was a nice cart and all but... yeah, there were some better ones. Hey I bet they let Keith Stone stay in one of those cabins over on the 100 loop!!! :angry: