• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That won't work. People will revert to the old drive in days and hide people in trunks, suitcases, coolers. This to avoid paying for them AND the extra few dollars.

Probably should use biometrics of the eyeball.

We're going to start buying our yearly passes again next year so will spending more time at Disney. The Fort is likely the only place we'll be staying when we go for more than a day trip and there we have our own fridge full of drinks. I won't take my forever mugs ( I haven't taken them since about '04) but not buying new ones. I would seriously rather lick the sweat from my body than participate in the Disney Mug Scam. :rofl2:

Not saying it isn't worth it since Royal Caribben charged $50 for a mug for one week, but I'm way too annoyed over this thing.

Even though we can technically hold them to their agreement, we risk being harassed, embarrassed, and potentially run down by an angry mob of haters.

I'm really annoyed at Disney with this whole mug thing.

but this stupid mug thing has kept me away for the last few years.

but I'm way too annoyed over this thing.

I'm getting the sense that MountainMama isn't too happy with Disney about this.

After watching another TV show last night discussing how the US is so out of shape. I think Disney should go beyond biometrics and require an uranalysis to determine if we really NEED that extra soda or other drink before they refill. I mean it is Disney's responsibility and all........... :siren: <_<

Yup it is Monday. :angry: :argh:

Anyone know if it started? Has All Star Sports shut its doors from all the riots. :argh: LOL Disney stock dropped 53 cents today. Must be a drop in soda sales. :rolleyes: If I loose weight while at Disney they will more than likely take credit for it and send me a bill for gym fees.

That is pretty cool but big brotherish. What if I had walked from my room in the 98 degree heat and I needed to have more than one drink every 5 mins after I bought my cup? I like the technology though. Put it on the pool gates and the gates for the pavilions so guests only can use them.

Being the redneck camper that people assume I am when they hear we're staying at FW, all I can think of when I watch this demo is digging thru the tupperware cabinet to find my long-forgotten forever mugs to use while the filling is good.

I've got them from FW, CBR, YC/BC, CR, & Poly. Probably have to mix & match the lids at this point b/c there's a whole drawer full of them but maybe I can convince the kids it's a new lego challenge.

Maybe I can even borrow a few of this year's design to mix & match refills too. BTW - if they're pushing red/green/purple cup colors right now, does that mean we can't buy pink ones with a chip now? Those babies just came out in the past few months. I like the pink. That's the only reason I was gonna buy a new mug... :rant:

There's a pool gate at YC's SAB but they got a dedicated authorized pool acess :popo: crew standing guard there most of the time anyway... :rofl2:

Storm Along Bay :banana:

IMO the best pool on property... entry guarded during peak hours by the SAB popo brigade to keep out the rifraf like I'd originally assumed meadows pool would've been after the rehab...

Of course I'm sure Loop 3000's pool will make SAB look lame... after all, we've got all of river country to build it on, right? Bring on the backhoes... :dance:

And I worked at the Yacht Club for a while.

wow, you could've been "Captain Lou" :heart:

I'd have to smile too much so it'd be work but that'd be my dream job!

My DH pondered why the All-Star resort was chosen to test this system versus any other resort.

He thinks the Disney "bean counters" have carefully tallied the amount of soft drinks/coffee/tea used per guest at all the resorts and determined that more drinks are consumed per guest at the All-Star resorts than at any other resort. It's as good a guess as any, I suppose.

Found this on MousePlanet - I don't recall seeing the bolded info before...

We are hearing some more about possible reasons for the testing of a new RFID system for refillable mugs. It seems that some guests wouldn't even buy a mug or a single-use disposable paper cup, but would actually use popcorn boxes, condiment containers, or even their own cups from home instead of paying for a soda in the first place. The reports that we're hearing note that the paper cups are good for two hours, while the refillable mugs are good for 14 days. If for some reason a guest stays beyond 14 days, they would be able to get a new mug at no charge to allow them to use it for the rest of their vacation.

I think that is reasonable.

And yes Disney needs to honor the forever mug, however they should be able to stop people from taking advantage of receiving a service/product they wasn't paid for. If someone is going to steal from Disney, I don't trust them not to steal from me?