11 Days of Fun for Disney First Timers

Great update Brandy. Your little princess could give the others a run for their money. I'm going to have to make a breakfast ressie one of these days. I've seen Main Street empty at night but never in the morning.

I hate crowds so I understand your panic. We always go in the off season, makes the parks so much more enjoyable. :banana:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how cute are you kids??? Sooooooooo SWEET! I'm loving this TR, keep it coming!

Thank you! We have 4.5 days left and I am going to get 2 knocked out here in a minute.

Great update Brandy. Your little princess could give the others a run for their money. I'm going to have to make a breakfast ressie one of these days. I've seen Main Street empty at night but never in the morning.

I hate crowds so I understand your panic. We always go in the off season, makes the parks so much more enjoyable. :banana:

Thank! She's a cutie when she brushes her hair. haha.

I am so thankful that I never really felt like it was too crowded until that moment waiting on fireworks. I think it was just because everyone was all squished into one area.

I had made reservations for the kids to go on a Pirate Adventure on the 4th. I had completely forgotten about the golf cart parade so we missed out on that, but I think we still had plenty of fun.

We went over to the Grand Floridian and got the kids on their cruise.

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

Nate and I then had a muffin and some sort of loaf cake at Gasparilla Grill. They were delicious!

IMG_0020.jpg

Then we decided to rent a sea raycer. That was a lot of fun but my bum got numb! I don't know if I could handle anymore than 30 minutes.

IMG_3628.jpg

We saw the pirates! But we stayed far away from them.

IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

Then we just had to sit around and wait on the kids to be finished. I would have liked to have walked around the Grand Floridian but it was getting hot so we just found a bench in the shade and enjoyed the quiet morning.

They had a whole lot of fun on their adventure. :)

And yes that's us using a Fort bought mug at the Grand Floridian. I don't know the exact rules but I saw all those mug debates on the board so I know some people think it's wrong. I did see a lady try to use a very old mug at the Meadows Trading Post and the CMs stopped her. She got all mad and wanted to speak with management. He came over and told her she needed to buy a new mug. We left and didn't hear the rest but we saw her walking out not long after us without a new mug. I wonder if her old one was filled.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

After we got back to the fort and had lunch we decided to head over to Blizzard Beach. That's the place to go on the 4th. It wasn't very crowded and we were able to get through the park quickly. The kids loved the kid area. But what amazed me is that my scared of heights and fast rides son went down Summit Plummet and enjoyed it! I on the other did not go down it and had no desire to do so. :)

We only had a our waterproof camera that I haven't gotten developed yet so no pictures from there.

I can not remember what in the world we did after Blizzard Beach. I know we must have left property because we had our car when we went to play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens. We did that later in the evening because we saw the Magic Kingdom fireworks and then the fireworks from Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Natalie and I made hole in ones which I find amusing because Nate is the golfer in the family. In fact, I beat him at mini golf that night and I never win. Woohoo!

IMG_3646.jpg

There's Nat's hole in one:

IMG_3658.jpg

These guys just about got my husband with water. It was the funniest thing. I wish I had my camera on to photograph that. He was standing there when the water started coming out. I don't know if I had ever seen him move so fast.

IMG_3678.jpg

The finale of the fireworks

IMG_3673.jpg

The next morning we got up and had to leave Disney property again. This time it was because we were going to my most favorite store, Ikea. The nearest one is in Frisco, TX outside of Dallas. It's not too far but we don't get there all that often. If I was 15-20 minutes away from an Ikea I was definitely going to go. I also managed to spend quite a bit of money there, too. It's a good thing I don't live close to one. I might be broke. ;)

Later that afternoon we went back to Blizzard Beach. The kids had so much fun and wanted to go back there vs the Fort pool. Plus, I wanted pictures. The funny thing is I still didn't take all that many. I guess we were too busy having fun.

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0037-1.jpg

IMG_0043-1.jpg

That evening we headed off property again so that we could go eat. My daughter's birthday was the next day so we let her pick Ihop, her favorite. Then we went to DisneyQuest. It was so late by the time we got there that we only had 45 minutes to play. We wanted to at least check it out and since we had the waterparks and more pass we figured it didn't matter if we didn't have all that long to play plus we needed to go to bed early so we could get up and go to Epcot. The 6th was a special day. Natalie turned 6 on the 6th and we were going to have breakfast with the princesses!

Great updates!

I like how y'all became pros at riding the resort boat to the Contemporary to get to the MK early.

It is strange to me that your kids know nothing about the Winnie the Pooh characters. When my kids were young, they had the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh on the Disney Channel, and they knew all about Pooh and company. I know that Disney has just released a Pooh movie, but it looks like someone there dropped the ball by allowing a whole batch of kids to grow up without being exposed to one of their most profitable franchises.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report!

TCD

"The next morning we got up and had to leave Disney property again. This time it was because we were going to my most favorite store, Ikea. The nearest one is in Frisco, TX outside of Dallas. It's not too far but we don't get there all that often."

That's my Ikea, too. With all the DFW traffic, it takes me about 90 minutes to get there. It's a fun store.

Did your husband sign up to be the military veteran of the day at the MK Retreat ceremony? If he didn't get a chance, perhaps next trip. He can sign up at the MK Town Hall, just inside the main gate of the left. :usa:

Great trip report! I have once again gotten behind on laundry and cooking, or in this case, baking (Black Forest Cake to celebrate finishing our two weeks studying Germany). But it was well worth it. My 4yo loved the pictures and saw many things she wants to do next time she goes. Can't wait to read more!

BTW, TCD is absolutely right about the TR's. I love to go back and read the one I wrote. i also recently found a TR I wrote about our trip to the Outer Banks back in 2003. It really helps bring back the memories!

Great updates!

I like how y'all became pros at riding the resort boat to the Contemporary to get to the MK early.

It is strange to me that your kids know nothing about the Winnie the Pooh characters. When my kids were young, they had the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh on the Disney Channel, and they knew all about Pooh and company. I know that Disney has just released a Pooh movie, but it looks like someone there dropped the ball by allowing a whole batch of kids to grow up without being exposed to one of their most profitable franchises.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report!

TCD

When Bryce was young he was all about The Wiggles. He only watched them until he learned about Lilo and Stitch and Toy Story. Then he rotated through those 3. Natalie loved only Dora from about 18 months through 4 years. My kids are strange where when they get stuck on something they pretty much only like it and nothing else. She's on a Hello Kitty kick right now. I just bought her a Hello Kitty lunch box, back pack and headphones for school. I think we may go see this new Winnie the Pooh movie when it gets over to the dollar theater. My kids are interested in it now that we had breakfast with them. ;)

Great update! You guys always look like you are having so much fun :banana: beautiful-shining-stars.gifon your hole in one :banana:

Thanks! We were happy! :) I don't think my kids fought the whole time we were there. Woohoo!

"The next morning we got up and had to leave Disney property again. This time it was because we were going to my most favorite store, Ikea. The nearest one is in Frisco, TX outside of Dallas. It's not too far but we don't get there all that often."

That's my Ikea, too. With all the DFW traffic, it takes me about 90 minutes to get there. It's a fun store.

Did your husband sign up to be the military veteran of the day at the MK Retreat ceremony? If he didn't get a chance, perhaps next trip. He can sign up at the MK Town Hall, just inside the main gate of the left. :usa:

No, I actually didn't know about it until I read about it here through trip reports. Next time I will have him sign up. I bet it would be really special for him if he got chosen.

It takes me about 2 and a half hours to get to Frisco. Not that bad, but Dallas traffic is no fun so we only go about once a year.

Great trip report! I have once again gotten behind on laundry and cooking, or in this case, baking (Black Forest Cake to celebrate finishing our two weeks studying Germany). But it was well worth it. My 4yo loved the pictures and saw many things she wants to do next time she goes. Can't wait to read more!

BTW, TCD is absolutely right about the TR's. I love to go back and read the one I wrote. i also recently found a TR I wrote about our trip to the Outer Banks back in 2003. It really helps bring back the memories!

Sorry about that! The same thing happens to me when I start to read other trip reports. Mmm... black forest cake sounds delicious. I love to bake but it's too hot to do much of it right now. It's been over 100 degrees everyday since the beginning of July with maybe the exception of one day when it rained. I wish I would have taken the time to write out details from other trips. From now on I will do it. :)

The day has finally come! Natalie's 6th Birthday!

First, we had to wake the princess up.

IMG_0074.jpg

She had been looking forward to this day for a while because she knew we'd be dining with the princesses. We got up and made our way to Epcot.

I got fastpasses for Soarin and then we made our way over to Test Track. Thankfully, everyone was at Soarin so Test Track was only about a 15 minute wait in stand by.

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

Side note: Natalie is sound sensitive so I bought her those noise cancelling headphones back in May They are great for her. I am so thankful for them and wish I had bought them a long time ago. She used them a lot at Disney but has used them many times at home, too.

IMG_3718.jpg

After that we went ahead over to Norway. I was hoping they could seat us early and they did. Natalie had her picture taken with Sleeping Beauty and then we were shown our table. The place was almost empty and as soon as we sat there was a princess parade. Natalie loved walking around with Snow White.

IMG_3737.jpg

The food was good, but unfortunately I was disappointed with most of the experience.

Natalie had less than a minute with each princess. I could understand if it was busy but there were empty tables all over. I just felt like if we were paying that much money they could have talked to Natalie just a little longer. I was even more disappointed when I talked with someone later that said they had an 8am reservation and had wonderful character interaction.

The good news is that Natalie was thrilled and loved it. And that's all that matters.

IMG_3743.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

They brought her a birthday cupcake. :)

IMG_0091.jpg

After that it was just about 11am so we waited for the world showcase to open and met Mulan. We actually just watched Mulan for the first time at the beginning of June. Our library plays Disney movies during the summer so we caught it there. I had thought it looked boring but was pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed it very much.

IMG_0095.jpg

Then we had to go meet Marie the cat. Natalie had gotten a baby Marie for her birthday and wanted to show her to the real Marie.

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

We explored the countries and even tried to play Kim Possible but we found it boring so we gave up our mission.

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

My kids liked Japan the best because of Hello Kitty and Pokemon. Natalie got me to buy her a Hello Kitty wallet and coin purse for her birthday and Bryce bought himself some sort of Pokemon stuffed animal thing. I don't know what it is but he seems to like it.

We finally got around to riding Soarin. Then I had heard about the Beverly and thought that maybe Bryce needed a sip. :)

His face says it all.

IMG_3876.jpg

After that we had to Talk with Crush again and Natalie got chosen to ask him a question! She was so happy about that.

We left Epcot and went back to the fort so Natalie could open her birthday presents. She got exactly what she wanted: Hello Kitty megablocks. She was a happy camper.

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

We decided to go back to Disney Quest since we only had a short time to check it out the night before. We ate birthday dinner and cupcakes there. I was happy to see the Butterfinger cupcake since I had missed it at Hollywood Studios. Oh my goodness! It was the best cupcake ever. We also got a peanutbutter chocolate cupcake but it wasn't all that good especially when compared with the other.

IMG_0132-1.jpg

IMG_0130-1.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137-1.jpg

We then went to play but the lines were long and it just didn't seem worth it to waste our time there.

We thought it would be better if we just went back to the fort and swim. That was a much better idea. :)

We had just one day left before our trip was over. :( Next up is Animal Kingdom.

Loving this TR! I am trying to read all the reports and each one has a different perspective. What I love about yours is that so much of this is a first experience. Those pictures have some great memories and magic in them! I really like the one at CP with Tigger rubbing noses with your DD.

She was originally from Orlando. After college she and her husband moved back. So of course, I couldn't go all the way to Orlando without seeing her.

She had us meet at Universal's City Walk. It was like we hadn't been away from each other for 9 years. She's just as silly and fun as always.

I'm just getting caught back up on this report, and I gotta say, you are doing an outstanding job with it!

This is a really cool story you shared about catching up with your friend.

It looks like you have captured all the "magic" during your trip!

what a great birthday! I would love to do 11 days at Disney, we generally only get a 7 day trip with 5 days in the park, there just isnt enough time to everything! I found out yesterday that the cut off age for the pirate cruise is 12 years old :( bummer as my oldest boy just turned 13 and I'd be to nervous to send the other ones off without him, maybe in a few years.. lol

Looks like a GREAT Birthday!!!

It really was and she's already talking about next year. I have to keep telling her that next year's birthday will be nothing like this years. ;)

and what is wrong with Beverly? :rofl2:

Lol! I was a sport and tried it after my son did. Nasty!

What a great way for a little princess to celebrate her birthday! How wonderful!

She had such a wonderful time. But she's a lucky girl. We celebrated her birthday with her two best friends before we left and the day we got home my parents had bought her a birthday cake so we celebrated again. Lucky girl!

Loving this TR! I am trying to read all the reports and each one has a different perspective. What I love about yours is that so much of this is a first experience. Those pictures have some great memories and magic in them! I really like the one at CP with Tigger rubbing noses with your DD.

Thank you! I love that picture, too. It makes me smile everytime I look at it. :)

I'm glad you talked about the water park. We have been to disney many times, but never to a water park. I may have to look into this!

We liked both water parks, but I think Blizzard Beach won as the kids' favorite because it has a tween area with a zipline and waterslides. We liked the big family ride there, too. But Typhoon Lagoon was just as fun. My son loved snorkeling and all the slides were fun. That new Crush 'n' Gusher was great except my youngest wasn't tall enough to go on it.

Great report

Love your report!

Nice job, cute kids,

Thank you all!

This picture made me truly laugh out loud -- love it. The whole scene is just adorable -- Marie's reaction, and the kids watching. Very cute!

What a great TR. You're inspiring me to work harder at saving our pennies to make it back down there. :))

Kate

I think I am going to save my pennies, too. We had planned on 3 years but I don't want to wait that long. It would be nice if we could get back in two years. Not sure if that will happen but I am going to go ahead and start saving.

I wish I would have recorded the whole interaction of Marie with baby Marie. It was very cute and Natalie was laughing the whole time. :)

I'm just getting caught back up on this report, and I gotta say, you are doing an outstanding job with it!

This is a really cool story you shared about catching up with your friend.

It looks like you have captured all the "magic" during your trip!

Thank you! My friend is one of those rare people that are just so wonderful in everyway. I am very glad I got to see her again.

what a great birthday! I would love to do 11 days at Disney, we generally only get a 7 day trip with 5 days in the park, there just isnt enough time to everything! I found out yesterday that the cut off age for the pirate cruise is 12 years old :( bummer as my oldest boy just turned 13 and I'd be to nervous to send the other ones off without him, maybe in a few years.. lol

I don't think our next trip will end up being 11 days but you never know. My husband has a job that he can take off many days in a row so it is possible. Don't worry I think your son would have been too old for it. Bryce is 9 and seemed to be almost too old for it. He liked it but I think another year from now he wouldn't have.

Well, I was going to finish this report up, but I had several phone calls and now I am out of time. I go on a weekly lunch date with 5 of my closest friends and their children and it's just about time for that. :)