Some Times It's A Magical Bus

Is that when you were just getting in?

No, back when PI was still an actual place you wanted to spend time in, we would close down Adventurers Club, then run our mouths with Friends on the island till they kicked us off, then get to the buses, and back to the hotel. Then those of us staying at All-Stars would run our mouths out on the pool deck, till they told us they were about to Power Wash the deck and sidewalks. This was about 3am :)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only if you're wearing a Tampa Bay Rays or Yankees hat.

I was assigned to the Studios bus hub yesterday and while waiting for people to finish boarding, a little boy, about 9 or 10 years old, afflicted with an obvious muscular disorder struggles to walk up

Needle in a hay stack is right. The odds are very slim that you'll see me. Too many buses doing too many routes. No call today, so I'm not working. I'm on call tomorrow but no clue where I'll be until

to keep people from running to the attractions.....

Reminds me of the best line I ever heard from a CM. It was at the Haunted Mansion in the unload area. She was walking the "treadmill" and directing guests out of their cars. Instead of the usual "watch your step" she droned in a very undead-like voice.... "Trip, and fall down..."

This was a few years ago and we've never seen anyone else do this. I'm guessing management got wind and told her to stick to the script. 8)

To this day when almost ever time we get off HM one of us will say, "trip and fall down..."

Reminds me of the best line I ever heard from a CM. It was at the Haunted Mansion in the unload area. She was walking the "treadmill" and directing guests out of their cars. Instead of the usual "watch your step" she droned in a very undead-like voice.... "Trip, and fall down..."

This was a few years ago and we've never seen anyone else do this. I'm guessing management got wind and told her to stick to the script. 8)

To this day when almost ever time we get off HM one of us will say, "trip and fall down..."

now that would be a cool line for the end of the ride....

I had to kill 45 minutes before clocking out at 1, yikes, 1am, so I went inside Epcot for a while.

Very strange to see full size vehicles running around from attraction to attraction and all of the clean up and maintenance activity that's going on.

If you've ever wondered how they keep the walking and open spaces so clean, just about every square foot of the parks and the bus pick up areas are hosed down.

I think they hose em down right before opening too. Every wondered why the streets are wet when you get to the park before rope drop?

I'm pretty sure that they do it once.

Could it be that it takes that long for the MK hose downs that are probably not completed until 2 or 3am, to dry?

I've done the Segway Around the World Tour twice. They were cleaning up and were finishing up hosing down on both occasions, so the Countries are still wet because they were just hosed down - again.

One reason to stay in EPCOT late - the Karamel shop is still open and has no crowd.

the Countries are still wet because they were just hosed down - again.

Not clear what the Segway tour has to do with it because the earliest one starts at 7:45, but unless you've been there when Epcot was closed and saw them actually hose it down twice, I'm forced to drop the BS flag.

Why would they do it at 2am, put everything away, bring the hoses back and do it it again a few hours later. Doesn't sound practical.

One reason to stay in EPCOT late - the Karamel shop is still open and has no crowd.

How late do you think the Karamell Kuchee is open?

They're supposed to close at 9.

The bus transportation dept. has been adding a lot of surveillance cameras lately at the value resorts and park bus depots in order to know when to send a bus to a particular stop..

If you're ever at one of these stops, you're on camera, so don't be beating your wife and kids because security will be there in three minutes.

I saw a view from one yesterday that I hadn't seen before at DHS. It's mounted at the top of TOT looking down on the ticket booths and turnstiles, very cool view.

I was in EPCOT close to Midnight during an EMH and the Karamel shop was still open.

I'm not sure why they would hose them down twice, but there are still a few hoses out just before the Countries open - at least they were when I took the Segway Tours around.

But I'm not picking up the BS flag unless you tell me, and I'll take your word for it, that you were in a closed park and saw them hose it down twice.

I was going by your statement that they hosed it down after hours. I was just stating that they had the hoses out before the Countries opened in the morning on the two occasions I was there on the Segway tours.

The bus transportation dept. has been adding a lot of surveillance cameras lately at the value resorts and park bus depots in order to know when to send a bus to a particular stop..

I was really surprised at just how many cameras there were focused on the bus area at AoA. Every other little portico roof had a camera mounted on it staring at us.Looked as though there was literally nowhere you could sit and not be visible. It seemed really odd but I just put it down to security overkill at the new value. Reassured to learn that it's more useful than I'd assumed and utilized by transportation in a positive way.

It seemed really odd but I just put it down to security overkill at the new value.

Reassured to learn that it's more useful than I'd assumed and utilized by transportation in a positive way.

In fact, I doubt that Security uses those particular cameras much, if at all.

The main purpose for those is to observe the bus Ques during the morning peak time.

There is a bus dispatcher sitting behind 2 monitors in a 6x6 closet like room in the bus drivers break room inside the Epcot bus operations building located between the two bus lots.

That Epcot sub-hub is responsible for sending buses to all the parks from only the CBR, Pop, and DAAR.

It exists only in the morning.

The dispatcher looks at the ques via the cameras and sends a bus to whatever Que is getting long. The buses are staged only minutes away in either a CBR guest parking lot or in the CM parking lot located between the CBR and Pop.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I was a MagicBus. Haven't been one in a couple of weeks. Lots of stuff going on at the MK bus hub..

I'll start off by saying that the Epcot monorail was down.....again.

Paving has began on World Dr, just outside the CR.

Dozens of flags and surveyor stakes in the open field next to the bus area at MK. Are they prepping that area for the rumored third bus loop? I'll believe it when I see it.

The work at the TTC bus lot has begun, what an inconvenience that's turning out to be.

I've heard a rumor that it will be reconfigured to be like the Epcot bus lot. I hope that's true. The way it is has no structure or organization where the Epcot lot does.

The new transportation break room is supposed to be done this week.

Because the bus fleet has grown so much within the last year, the buses from all the hubs can not all be processed at night for the the next day. What they're doing now is to process all the MK buses during the day and that's what I did for the first time today. They pulled me out of doing regular bus runs to the resorts and sent me to the processing facility next to the Hess Station on World Dr. Pull up to the facility, get out of the drivers seat and a worker takes over while I sit and watch. He drives it into the fueling, inspection bay. While they're doing that, he's sweeping, and mopping the interior of the bus. After that, he takes it through the bus wash. After all that's done he turns the bus over to me. It was all pretty interesting.

Because the bus fleet has grown so much within the last year, the buses from all the hubs can not all be processed at night for the the next day.

Wait a minute!!! Stop the presses!! I thought all the kids at Disney that misbehaved the day before went and scrubbed all the buses with a toothbrush every night!!! You can't tell me that kids don't misbehave at Disney any more??!!!! At least that's what the bus driver told my boys once upon a time. Bus drivers NEVER make that stuff up do they!!?????

How long did they pay you to sit on a bench?

I was out of circulation for about an hour.

Wait a minute!!! Stop the presses!! I thought all the kids at Disney that misbehaved the day before went and scrubbed all the buses with a toothbrush every night!!! You can't tell me that kids don't misbehave at Disney any more??!!!! At least that's what the bus driver told my boys once upon a time.

Wow Carol, this is all new to me. I'm going to use it, thanks.