a pre-trip report ... from a newbie ... is that allowed?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome newbie. I am conflicted. I am anti-pre-trip report. But I am pro-punctuation. And, you did post a link to some good photos. So, I guess I don't object to your pre-trip report. I appreciate tha

Welcome newbie.

And, you did post a link to some good photos.

So, I guess I don't object to your pre-trip report.

I appreciate that you asked if it was OK.

thanks!

I see y'all are Wildcats.

I also see that you got some photos of my friend Feisty's site.

In case you didn't notice she's from Louisiana.

Do you know who plays football on the day of your arrival (10/1?).

2007. that was a good year in Kentucky football, likely to never be repeated again

We listened to that game on the way home from the airport -- big wreck on I-65 South, took most of the game and all 3 OT to make it home. Very exciting drive!

I think you should invite yourselves over to Feisty's site to watch the game.

Don't worry, she'll be there. She'll probably feed you too.

we loved that site -- very festive! Alas, we will be birthday partying .. complete with balloons, ice cream, cake, and fireworks from the beach.

And, unless I missed it, for someone who claims to be a big fan of the Oxford comma, how come we haven't see one yet?

TCD

you just did! party0006.gif

** a side note. when do they stop being the baby? is there a set age? 10? 20? 45? **

NEVER

At the ripe old age of late 30 somethingish, I am still reminded by my mom that I am the baby and will always be her baby. :heart:

Quickly followed by "remember Ted Bundy was a good looking guy". :blink:

What part of KY? I was born there and my mama still lives in eastern KY, VERY eastern..

Rosemary Clooney & I share a hometown :) I grew up in a small town in the Northern part of the state, then moved to NKy to go to college, and now live in the shadow of Fort Knox. (about 40 miles south of Louisville)

Enjoyed the pics! Hope your trip goes as planned and you have a great time!

thanks! if we can ever get it planned, LOL! I'm feeling a little stressed about that this week. Not sure why.

I'm sure I have more Fort pics -- I'll have to check my external hard drive and see what's there.

I'm looking forward to this report. And for the record I am also not afraid of your Oxford comma. Just PLEASE do not show me any dangling participles. :parrot:

smileyshocked1.jpg

thanks! if we can ever get it planned, LOL! I'm feeling a little stressed about that this week. Not sure why.

I'm sure I have more Fort pics -- I'll have to check my external hard drive and see what's there.

At least you plan. I rarely ever do except for meals I'm cooking at the site. :rofl: Don't stress out. It's vacation. As long as you have food to eat, clothes to wear and your camera you'll be alright. ;)

At least you plan. I rarely ever do except for meals I'm cooking at the site. :rofl: Don't stress out. It's vacation. As long as you have food to eat, clothes to wear and your camera you'll be alright. ;)

I never, ever leave home without that. ever. it's a sickness. LOL

my stress comes from the camping idea we're floating around. I've been emailing with Donnie about renting his 5th wheel ... and that's got me a little overwhelmed. If we do that, we're definitely driving so we can bring other stuff. I don't love driving. at all. I'd rather leave my house and be at WDW 4-5 hours later. :) I've never been camping, not really. I look forward to researching and planning, but I'm out of my league here. blink.gif

it would appear that this pre-trip report of mine has lost a little steam ...

but it's back to school time.

and there are rumors of free dining for our break week.

both those things need my undivided attention. for now. I'll be back.

... I just realized, at the end of this week, I'll be at the 8 week countdown. party0006.gif

• 2 weeks later...

7 weeks and counting! woo hoo! :)

I have a question -- if we end up in a cabin & rent a golf cart from Kenny, can we pick up our cart at check in, even if the cabin isn't ready?

Yep, not a problem!!! You can pick up your cart from Kenny whenever you arrange to meet up with him!!

ok. I paid some money to the mouse today ... looks like plans are (almost!) set :)

I am still hoping for airfare to drop, and will maintain that hope for the next 42 days ;) If it doesn't, then so be it. We'll make the drive, do a side trip to the ATL American Girl Place, and will be right in the world.

we arrive the day before our FD reservation starts, so we may stay at the Swan on SPG points & hang out at the Boardwalk for the evening. or maybe not. we still have time to work that out.

Sun - Wed we're doing park days & free dining, staying at one of the value resorts. Actually, Sun-Tue are the park days, and Wednesday we'll get up bright and early to check in to our cabin & meet Kenny with our cart at the Fort. party0006.gif

Wednesday will be spent looping, swimming, campfiring, movie watching, etc. We will probably go over to Downtown Disney to use the last of our dining credits at Wolfgang Puck Express, and then over to Publix to get some groceries. Oh, how I love me some Publix. We'll go to MNSSHP on Thursday night, and then spend Friday doing more of what we did on Wednesday. I'd love to watch the Halloween Party fireworks from the Poly, but we might stay at the campground. We haven't decided when we're going home yet -- I've got the cabin booked through Sunday, but we may decide to head home Saturday ... another decision to make later on.

So, no renting a camper. Thankful Donnie answered every single question I had. :) I'd still love to try that sometime. Maybe next time!

Woohoo! Excited for you!

thanks!

I'm already watching for some cabin "deck decor" -- last year we brought some Halloween stuff, but were limited because we were flying and we really weren't sure how we could decorate. Heck, the only thing we were sure about last year was making sure we got a Giddy Up & Go, which we did. emot-dance.gif

• 2 weeks later...

with just over 4 weeks to go, I've just about given up hope of finding reasonable airfare.

so, for the first time since July 2004 ... we will be driving to Florida. Start praying for us now. unsure.gif

Say an extra prayer for the teenage boy in my life, who will be enduring a trip to the American Girl Place on his sister's birthday.

On second thought, say a prayer for all 3 of us (DS, DH, and I) for that particular event. We will need two things for sure: a budget and a time limit.

3 nights at Pop Century. 4 nights at the Fort. Can. Not. Wait.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

posting this from my cabin in loop 2100 :)

pics & such when I return.

I do have a question, though. While it's fresh on my mind. Down in one of the loops near the settlement (not the closest one, maybe the next loop over?) there is a Halloween display. When we arrived on Tuesday, it had a hidden Mickey spider web & a headstone with Walt Disney's vitals. Yesterday, when we went to the Halloween party, a number of non-costumed cast members were checking it out. Today, no headstone & the web is just a circle. Kind of strange, I thought.

Also, rowdiness abounds in the 2000 loop tonight.