Myrtle beach trip 8/13 till 8/20

Hey everyone I am back from my trip to Myrtle beach and we had a blast.. but it was bitter sweet being that hubby had to go back to work and the kids had to start school cry.gif .. but I was a little happy to get back to the normal grind after back to back trips all summer!

FYI.. we did not take many pics on this trip being that we were just there in May! :rolleyes:

Aug 13th..

We arrive at ocean lakes around 7:45pm and set up our site and had a quick dinner of tacos and corn. Well being that we had never been to Ocean lakes after memorial day we did not know that EVERY NIGHT between 8pm and 11pm there is golf cart cruising along the beach which our site happed to sit front row to and it was LOUD!! The hooting and screaming was a shock at first but grew on us after a while and the kids joined in had a blast!

GEDC0037.jpg

GEDC0038.jpg

Aug 14th...

was a day of rest.. all we did was lay around and did not go anywhere.. we were all to happy just being lazy. For dinner we just had spaghetti and garlic bread to go along with our lazy day!

GEDC0024.jpg

Aug 15th...

We went to the beach and laid around for most of the day and avoided sunburn which is always a plus! The kids mostly played in the sand and hubby and I waded in the water a bit.. just another relaxing day! Oh and we had a fish fry for dinner.

GEDC0045.jpg

Aug 16th...

We went school shopping at the tanger outlets on 501 & 17 and got the kids all their school clothes and shoes then went to walmart to get the folders and other junk that the teachers put on the lists. We had a Shrimp feast for dinner with corn and fries. (no pics)

Aug 17th...

Went to Georgetown in the morning and made a stop at independent seafood company and bought some shrimp, fish and lobsters. When we got back to Ocean lakes we went to the pool and enjoyed that for about 2 hours then came back and went to the beach and loafed out there... (the water in the ocean was way better then the pool) :banana: We of course had lobster and baked potatoes for dinner!

GEDC0040.jpg

GEDC0041.jpg

GEDC0042.jpg

GEDC0043.jpg

GEDC0044.jpg

Aug 18th...

We went to the beach for the day and had fun.. my ds had a ball with learning how to use his new board and Dh and I had a little fun too but I almost broke my damn neck in the process LOL For dinner we went to Crabby mikes and ate way too much food as usual! :dance:

GEDC0026.jpg

GEDC0027.jpg

GEDC0030.jpg

GEDC0031.jpg

GEDC0033.jpg

GEDC0046.jpg

Aug 19th...

This was our last full day of fun but being so burnt out from the day before we stay in most of the day and only went to the beach for a little bit. We had another fish fry and shrimp dinner which was a great ending to the day!!

GEDC0034.jpg

GEDC0035.jpg

GEDC0036.jpg

Aug 20th...

We tore down shop left around 11am but that was after we raided the hot donuts at krispie Kreme shop :dance: It was a long drive and we never made it home due to the fatal accident on I-95 that happened about 1/4 mile up from us. We were stuck in traffic so long only to have to turn our 38ft trailer around in the north bound lanes to get detoured (that was not fun at all). After the detour we went to Carolina Crossings campground and hit the hot tub to relax a bit and had some sandwiches and went to bed.

Aug 21st...

We left the campground at 10am and while driving I checked my phone and noticed that horray county posted that there was a stabbing at ocean Lakes.. Well let me tell you that was a huge shock, and when we looked at the pics of the mother and son we noticed that we seen them some of the nights during the cruising and they seemed to be having a good time and no trouble at all. We got home around 4pm and cut the grass and got all our bills out of the mailbox :argh:

It was a great trip and now I have to plan for the next trip to Concord to see the Charlotte chase race!!! (GO JIMMIE)

It was a great trip and now I have to plan for the next trip to Concord to see the Charlotte chase race!!! (GO JIMMIE)

CLT race in October of this year or the 600 next year?

Did I miss your TR from the Fort?