If you find a fort fiends card on your vehicle, rv, house or mailbox...

Starla & I decided there weren't nearly enough local fiends to share in the fun closer to home so we've been leaving cards wherever we see an rv. We're hoping you'll join us online and perhaps maybe even one day at a campground or Fort Wilderness for a grand gathering full of fun & friends.

I've left cards in some crazy places but today I hit a new personal high in fiending after spotting an rv sitting backlogged in traffic headed towards Gettysburg. As we neared the truck towing a 5er on the other side of the road I noticed the driver had his window open.

There was nobody behind me... I swear I just couldn't help it... temptation got the best of me and, grabbing a card from the console of my van, I stopped, said "Hi", and handed it out the window to the driver. I'm not sure who was more surprised, the driver or Starla, who was :dropjaw: sitting next to me in the passenger seat trying not to be noticed :rofl2:

Anyway, if you're in MD, PA, or anywhere else fiends wander :mh1: and find a card left for you, please don't be offended.

:grpwelcome: Sign in and say "hi" we'd all love to meet you!! :thtray:

I'm beginning to suspect that perhaps I'm overdoing it... suddenly it's like I see rvs everywhere... sort of like how pregnant women see tons of other pregnant women everywhere they look but don't notice them much at all after the baby is born. :blink:

Starla's gotten good at slipping cards under windshield wipers & mailbox handles so now there are two of us rv spotting. If you could have seen her face when I slowed the van down and stuck my hand out the window... :hah: totally priceless! It's not often I get the chance to embarass one of my semi-adult kids without actually having to say anything these days... :rofl3:

If I'm on the phone with someone and the topic drifts to Disney, I always ask if they knew Disney World has a campground. Most of the time they say no - and off we go. I talk about how nice The Fort is and that they need to go to http://www.fortfiends.net to get the best information and if they join they will instantly have a lot of FrIENDS.

• 2 weeks later...

At the first house where I groomed a dog today the owner and I spent several minutes talking about the Fort. They like to camp there.

He had never heard of fortfiends.net but he has now :banana:

Last time I groomed their dog it was his wife I saw and she talked about how much fun the Fort is at Halloween. Their twin sons Love it.

Didn't know about ff at that time but now I do and so do they. :banana:

Went to walmart tonight and saw this nice copper canyon set up in the lot. When we went in we noticed that the screen door & windows were open. Came back out of the store about 9:30 and it looked like this...

fiending.jpg

Isn't that pretty? We thought so, especially the cozy glow visible from inside against the dark parking lot.

As we drove past we noticed he had a portable generator going in the back of the PU. Awesome, now that's organization I can only aspire to in my next life. So, this time it was Starla's fault. She handed me a card & dared me to go knock on the door.

Thankfully, instead of a serial killer, a very nice man from VT answered my knock. :parrot: We had a nice, if short, chat. I asked if he was headed for the rv show later this week. He said he'd just been in Hershey and the roads were still blocked. I'm still hoping that maybe by Wednesday, the water will have receeded and the show will go on. Guess we'll see...

In the meantime, sure hope the latest "fiend-ee" :mh1: has a safe & happy trip to wherever he's headed. :wave1: