From Wisconsin to the Dream

Sorry, but this first part is no pics. George had hurt his leg and we got a little earlier start than what we planned. I didn't know how the drive was gonna go, but the pain pills have helped a lot and he is doing better already.

We left Wisconsin around 10 am on Thursday. I have some observations from our trip down.

1.I hate to drive through Chicago. Usually when we drive down we have the trailer and take a different route that is a little longer, but much less stressful. Did I say I hate Chicago traffic?

2. It is totally okay to cut people off. It makes no difference if they are driving carefully as to not get in an accident. By all means take your chances, you might get there a car or two ahead of me.

3. The state of Indiana is very dry. We saw many water areas that were way down. Indiana if also a very boring state. It has been a while since we have gone this way.

4. I love Kentucky,all the horse farms. Beautiful country, especially after boring Indiana.

5.Usually like to see the mountains through Tennessee, but it was dark when we went through. Just in case you weren't aware, they sell fireworks. The signs are hard to see, but they are there.

6.Georgia has a lot of cops! We went through an area that had them everywhere. On the ramps, overpasses and pulled off with people going in both directions. (No, we were not one of them!)

7.The Florida welcome center always puts a smile on my face. It doesn't matter when we go through. We have to stop and have an orange juice. We know we are almost home.

8.Just so everyone knows, the speed limit signs are there just for decoration. It is totally fine to weave in and out of traffic doing 100 mph. Everyone will happily get out of your way!

We stayed overnight in southern Tennessee and hit the road at 4am again Friday. We arrived at the world just before 2. We didn't really know when we would get here so didn't have ressies anywhere for tonight. We have ended up at All Star Sports. It will do for an overnight. There are a lot of kids here. I guess there is some soccer thing going on. We went to downtown disney tonight for dinner. Stopped at Wolfgang pucks to eat. Sorry no pics, but George had the roasted chicken and I had the meatloaf. Both were very good! Did a little shopping and George was worn out. He has taken his pill and is out for the night. Can't wait for tomorrow to meet some new fiends!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.I hate to drive through Chicago. Usually when we drive down we have the trailer and take a different route that is a little longer, but much less stressful. Did I say I hate Chicago traffic?

2. It is totally okay to cut people off. It makes no difference if they are driving carefully as to not get in an accident. By all means take your chances, you might get there a car or two ahead of me.

LOL those two really could be combined into one. I'd drive in NYC during rush hour with a dozen tired, wet, screaming babies before I'd go anywhere near Chicago even in the wee hours of the morning. I've wished more than once that there was an expedient way for us to drive from MD to WI and avoid the whole darn state of IL in fact... :argh:

Glad you're there safely. Hope you have a fantastic time!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we go. As I stated earlier we stayed at All Star Sports on Friday night. It was quiet early in the evening, but as the night progressed all the soccer teams were coming back. These rooms are not very soundproof. Over night is okay, but I wouldn't stay longer. I am used to the quiet of the Fort. When we got up in the morning we had the day to run around before meeting up with fiends at the Fort. We went to the fort and dropped off our contribution for the evening meet with Lisa and Bruce and then went exploring for the day.

IMG_0012-1.jpg

IMG_0013-1.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

Then headed over to the Poly for some lunch.

IMG_0016-1.jpg

Sorry no pics, I thought we had taken some of our lunch, but I can't seem to find them. We had the bacon cheeseburger and the pulled pork sandwich. I liked the pulled pork, George didn't. Of course, we had Dole whips for dessert.

After we were stuffed full, we continued on with our resort tour.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

I can't tell you how many of these pics we have. We take the same pics every time we walk through. We did go to the Grand Floridian as well, but no pics from there. This is usually a tour we take the first night we are at the fort. Ride the monorail to all the resorts and check out the shops and usually find some kind of dessert to have at one of the restaurants.

We head back to the Fort to relax and check out the shops. We have a big night ahead of us. We are meeting new fiends.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Always have to take the time to sit in the rocking chairs and people watch. We then decided it was time to head over to Lisa's. We walked over through the 100 loop and find GrumpyandGrandma's RV. I knocked on the door and they were home! Super people who we would be seeing a lot over the next few days as they were also going on the cruise. We visited for a while and then headed over to Lisa's. I have to apologize in advance because we met a lot of new fiends on this particular evening. I did not take one single picture. I was too busy chatting with Donnie and Angie and their girls. I do know there was plenty of food and everyone was having a great time. We live in Wisconsin and had to drive all the way to Florida to meet fellow fiends from Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio, go figure! We had to leave early as we still had to make the drive over to the port for the night. Tomorrow we get onto the DREAM!

Sorry no pics, I thought we had taken some of our lunch, but I can't seem to find them. We had the bacon cheeseburger and the pulled pork sandwich. I liked the pulled pork, George didn't. Of course, we had Dole whips for dessert.

Good job on the photos that you did post.

Bad job on not getting a photo of your Dole Whip. I think maybe you do have one, but you are afraid of possible ridicule-but come on nobody is worse than Dave in the Dole Whip department).

TCD

We stayed at the Sheraton Four Points for the night at the port. I must say, this was a very different set up for a hotel. More than half of the building was the Cocoa Beach surf shop, with a small restaurant/bar and a Starbucks in it. We got checked in and had to do the double check of our baggage to make sure everything we needed to board the Dream was ready. These pics were from the parking structure where we left our car for the cruise.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

We headed down to the lobby to wait for Carol and Rick and their friends. We are taking the shuttle over to the cruiseline terminal together. Oh the anticipation is building, everyone is so excited. Our shuttle arrives and we are off to the port.

IMG_0029.jpg

Oviously, Carol, Rick, David and Buff were sitting across from us in the shuttle. They are going to be common denomonators in a lot of these pics, lol. Our first looks at the ship we will call home for the next four nights.

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

The terminal, where we have to do all of our checking in.

IMG_0033.jpg

We are here and it is finally time to get our stuff together and move it to the ship.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Carol and her gang getting their pic taken.

IMG_0036.jpg

In the terminal they have a mock up of the ship and it's many floors.

IMG_0037.jpg

We are getting closer now. We get to walk through the ears!

IMG_0038.jpg

Just a few people ahead of us, lol. It really took just a few minutes to get through here. The end of this line is where they take your pic and then it is onto the ship!

IMG_0039.jpg

As we walk between the terminal and the ship.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Up next: We are actually on the ship!

Well, we have finally arrived and walked onto the ship. So much to take in. We cannot get into our rooms yet, so I guess wandering around the ship and lunch are in order.

These are in the center of the ship looking down from deck 3 or 4.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Deck 4 shuffle board and running and lounging.

IMG_0061.jpg

DSCF1225.jpg

DSCF1226.jpg

Looks comfy, doesn't it?

IMG_0066.jpg

Lots of things to look at.

DSCF1228-1.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Cabanas for lunch.This is the back of the ship, deck 10. I guess I was just overwhelmed with everything. I totally forgot to take pics of the food and there was a lot of it!

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Checked out the nightlife areas with nobody there. We never made it when there were actually people in them, lol.

DSCF1229.jpg

DSCF1230.jpg

Woot, woot! A sports bar, yeah, I can watch the Green Bay Packer game on Sunday! Guess who forgot there was a game on?

DSCF1231.jpg

DSCF1232.jpg

Photobucket is giving me issues. More to follow....