It's probably no big deal.

That site monitors to Orange County Public Records, and reports when Disney files a Notice of Commencement for a construction project.

There are Notices of Commencement filed for all kinds of things at the Fort. A lot of time they sound like something significant, but end up being no big deal.

This one is hard to decipher. It could just be a repaving project. It could be a realignment of a turn lane from the main road in to the Fort. Or, it could be something big, like a new gate or something at the front entrance.

Time will tell.

TCD

No inside knowledge, so this is a guess based on observations.

They recently paved most of Vista Blvd, but for some reason left the cement road section in front of the Fort's main entrance alone and it's in pretty bad shape. In addition, the road next to the parking lot where you park if you have to go to the front desk has a bunch of pot holes and needs to be repaired other than just patching the holes.

I'm wondering if they're going to finish paving Vista Blvd in front of the Forts entrance and maybe reconfigure it as well.

If they are, it will affect the traffic flow.

Here is what drives me crazy (short trip, no luggage required) about the entrance. Returning people come in on the left side and campers come in on the right. Traffic must cross. Why can’t they make the new RV campers come in on the left side which is a straight shot to check in and returning come in on the right side which is where we need to go to get back in? That’s a good project for them.

Here is what drives me crazy (short trip, no luggage required) about the entrance. Returning people come in on the left side and campers come in on the right. Traffic must cross. Why can’t they make the new RV campers come in on the left side which is a straight shot to check in and returning come in on the right side which is where we need to go to get back in? That’s a good project for them.

Oh my gosh, that drives me crazy too!!! Every time we are at the Fort we ask each other, "What the h*ll were they thinking???"

Saw this on Mouseplanet's news this week:

Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground – front entrance path of travel and traffic flow changes September 13–30.

What does it mean?

We're here till the 18th so I'll keep you posted as to what we see.

• 5 weeks later...

The immediate entrance to the Fort (vs the Golden Oak/4 Seasons construction up the road)?

No news on the street recently about any changes or construction to the entrance to the Fort beyond what was already done last year.

A bunch of Fiends were there over Labor Day, and a few have been there since and nothing new was reported.

Actually, TCD reported that a new sidewalk had been added by the Check-in area, but no changes to any roads.

Yes, and I think that new sidewalk is what this was all about. The work was completed during the referenced time period, and it probably did involve some temporary changes to the normal traffic flow when it was done. Once they record a Notice of Commencement, which is what Mouseplanet tracks, the project usually will go forward as scheduled. The descriptions of the work on the Notices is usually kind of vague. So, since the new sidewalk was the only work done in the entry area in this time frame, I am guessing that the sidewalk was it.

TCD