I remember when the TTC the central hub to get to all the parks. I.e you would take a bus to TTC from the Fort and then changeover to another bus to the parks, or catch a monorail or ferry.

So why and when did the resorts start running direct routes to the Parks?

And what is the purpose of the TTC now?

TIA.

In a nutshell, WDW outgrew TTC.

It still is where you can go to get to all the other parks, but why bother if you can get there directly by driving yourself or taking a bus from the resort.

In addition to what Carol said, TTC serves a few other functions as well.

There is a small fleet of Disney CM shuttle buses staged there that rotate during the AM hours. They're for the CMs that use the public buses.

It also serves as the backup hub to all the MK resorts, including the Fort, and to Epcot, if the monorail and boats are not operating due to break downs or weather.

Another important function is that it's the staging area for MK's next days buses. With 60 or so buses parked their, it doesn't leave much room for everything else until they're gone, which isn't until about 8:30am

Even though it's just one of five bus hubs now, it's still a very busy and important place, but imagine what it would be like if it did what it once did?

Oh, and in my very first Fort stay in 2001, the TTC did serve as the hub for the Fort. There were no direct Fort buses. All went through the TTC, even DTD.

I "think" the Poly, Grand, WL, and Contemporary were that way also.

As late as 2006 or 07, there was still a FW, WL, TTC bus. This was to cover the accessible transportation to MK in case the dock levels were too low to handle ECVs and wheelchairs. In recent years they have improved the floating docks at both locations and it is VERY rare that a large cruiser can't handle a wheelchair or ECV.

The WL still provides a direct bus to MK because they generally have 1 large cruiser and 1 small launch, so that provide an additional accesible ride for the folks there. You can also take the bus from FW to WL, then catch the MK bus from WL (if you feel it's too cold or rainy to ride the boats). Or in Bob's case, too "boaty" to ride the boats!!!!!

Thanks Carol and Lou. :dance:

From years past, I was use to the Fort being funneled through there (unless you took the boat). I was surprised to learn of buses directly to the park from the Fort when I went July 2010. Not upset, just surpised and different. Was just curious why the change. Something that made me go hmmmmmm.

Thanks again for the info. :dance:

As late as 2006 or 07, there was still a FW, WL, TTC bus. This was to cover the accessible transportation to MK in case the dock levels were too low to handle ECVs and wheelchairs. In recent years they have improved the floating docks at both locations and it is VERY rare that a large cruiser can't handle a wheelchair or ECV.

That had to be a pain. Take the bus from your site to the boat dock. You can't get on. So now take the bus to the front and take the FW to TTC bus, then TTC to MK, wow.

That had to be a pain. Take the bus from your site to the boat dock. You can't get on. So now take the bus to the front and take the FW to TTC bus, then TTC to MK, wow.

The TTC bus actually actually left from Settlement, so it wasn't "too" bad of an inconvenience, but yes it was a pain. I never experienced it personally, cause Rick didn't go to the Fort with me until 2008, but read many story's of the water levels being too low.

Thanks Carol and Lou. :dance:

From years past, I was use to the Fort being funneled through there (unless you took the boat). I was surprised to learn of buses directly to the park from the Fort when I went July 2010. Not upset, just surpised and different. Was just curious why the change. Something that made me go hmmmmmm.

Thanks again for the info. :dance:

To add to what Lou and Carol have already said, the current direct buses are way better than the old system.

When we first began to visit the Fort in the mid 90's, the bus system was totally different from what we have now. There were buses labeled Boone and Crockett which circulated through the campground, and brought guests back and forth to the TTC. Then there were internal buses labeled Chip and Dale which just circulated around the campground without leaving the resort. All of these buses made stops at all of the bus stops. There were not three separate routes through the campground like we have now. I can't remember which was which, but one of the Boone/Crockett buses started at the Outpost and ended at the TTC. The other would enter the campground via the Settlement, and make its way to the Outpost. There were no buses from the Fort to any of the parks. The first dedicated bus from the Fort to a park was the AK bus. That one came along in the early 2000's. That one left from the Outpost. Then we got an MGM bus, which left from the Settlement. The Epcot bus came last. It was actually quite complicated, and the campground maps used to have rather complex equations telling guests how to get from here to there. The new set-up is much, much better.

TCD

To add to what Lou and Carol have already said, the current direct buses are way better than the old system.

When we first began to visit the Fort in the mid 90's, the bus system was totally different from what we have now. There were buses labeled Boone and Crockett which circulated through the campground, and brought guests back and forth to the TTC. Then there were internal buses labeled Chip and Dale which just circulated around the campground without leaving the resort. All of these buses made stops at all of the bus stops. There were not three separate routes through the campground like we have now. I can't remember which was which, but one of the Boone/Crockett buses started at the Outpost and ended at the TTC. The other would enter the campground via the Settlement, and make its way to the Outpost. There were no buses from the Fort to any of the parks. The first dedicated bus from the Fort to a park was the AK bus. That one came along in the early 2000's. That one left from the Outpost. Then we got an MGM bus, which left from the Settlement. The Epcot bus came last. It was actually quite complicated, and the campground maps used to have rather complex equations telling guests how to get from here to there. The new set-up is much, much better.

TCD

I think it was Boone that started at Settlement cause somebody told me to remember "Boone Back" from Settlement to get to my campsite in 2000

I remember the Boone/Crocket and Chip/Dale busses. Aslo remember the trams and want to say I remember the train, but I was a youngin then. So maybe wishful thinking.

Last July we were visiting some friends at Shades of Green and caught a late bus back to TTC. Going on past history, I told tony we could catch a Fort bus from TTC. Welllll, lets just say there was a grumpy bus driver that wanted to know why I was TTC looking for a Fort bus. Note, he didn't look like Lou. I explained where we came from, and after he pouted and puffed out loud a couple of time, we were sent to a WL bus that then became a WL/Fort bus....Sorry....... :blink: Of course, then tony chirps in, "I thought you knew where you were going". Hmmm, I remember him on the RV's couch that night.... :rofl2:

I'm sure the bus drivers late at night really don't want lost soles in thier area... :rofl2: :siren:

This is one thing I love about internet shorthand - different abbreviations mean different things to different people. Since I hang out on groups with names like "Christian Moms of Many Blessings" and "Mothers of many Young Siblings", TTC to me usually means Trying to Concieve! LOL!

While I was a Paramedic, we got a call for severe stomach pains. :siren: :siren: We got there just in time for me to deliver a baby from a young woman (who claimed she didn't know she was pregnant). Meanwhile, the mother was telling my driver that, "I can't understand it - she ain't been with no men!" (Imagine having to maintain a professional demeanor after hearing that and having a baby in your hands that you just delivered!) They lived in an area of our county called Sweetwater. All the Dispatchers and Paramedics were soon saying, "Don't drink the water at Sweetwater" :rofl2:

Now it seems that we will also have to avoid the TTC while at Disney! :rofl2:

Note, he didn't look like Lou.

Thanks, I think?

You tend to have more grumpy drivers at night than during the day.

During most of the day, people are upbeat & happy because they're going to the parks. It's different when they're leaving at closing time on a standing room only bus. But it's not bad.

we were sent to a WL bus that then became a WL/Fort bus

A WL bus at TTC, now that confuses me.

While past a certain time of night, you can go anywhere on property from TTC just by asking the driver, I don't get why there was a WL bus already there?

TTC to me usually means Trying to Concieve!

Oh, oh, are you trying to tell us something Marty?

Now it seems that we will also have to avoid the TTC while at Disney!

Did I miss something?