A Fiendtastic DREAMY Cruise!! and Chillin in the Big Easy

Well, here we go, we headed across 528 and 417 to get to Disney World!!! We made a quick Wal-Mart run for soft drinks and some snacks, and then we were there!!!

100_3530.jpg

We got a first floor corner room at POFQ. Here are a couple of quick pics of the room

100_3532.jpg

100_3533.jpg

We quickly dropped off our stuff and headed for the bus stop for Magic Kingdom!!

Once we got to the bus stop, I realized I had forgotten something, so I went back to the room to get it and told them, I would catch up with them in the MK.

When I got back to the room, I decided to go ahead and unpack and get things straightened up, cause I had this feeling it was going to be a late night and Rick would crash on me, and I'd be left doing this while he was asleep and griping that the lights were on. (Once again, the things we do for peace and tranquility)

Well, met up with them at the MK and we rode Buzz Lightyear!!

100_3536.jpg

100_3541.jpg

Then we went over to the Laugh Floor

100_3542.jpg

100_3543.jpg

100_3544.jpg

100_3546.jpg

Then it was time to head over to Beach Club for dinner at Cape May Cafe, Yumm!!!

A few parting shots of Main Street

100_3547.jpg

100_3548.jpg

100_3549.jpg

100_3550.jpg

Yes Lou, we now have TWO scooters in our group, I bet ya just LOVE that :siren: )

100_3551.jpg

100_3552.jpg

100_3553.jpg

100_3554.jpg

100_3555.jpg

100_3556.jpg

100_3557.jpg

100_3558.jpg

Waitin on the bus to Beach Club

100_3559.jpg

A chandelier in the Beach Club

100_3560.jpg

We weren't much into takin pictures at dinner. Don't forget, our last meal was on the ship at 7:45 this morning!! This was now 6:00 pm and we were HUNGRY!! An amazingly, we were totally finished with dinner and paid up by 6:45!! That was the only downfall of dinners on the cruise, they take a long time!!

After dinner, our friends had decided they had enough, and so had Rick, they went back to the hotel, and I went to the Fort to visit Fiends!!!!!

Here are a couple of pictures of the studios as we rolled/walked over there to catch a bus to our destinations

100_3561.jpg

100_3562.jpg

100_3563.jpg

And that is it for our first day at WDW!!! I didn't pull out the camera the rest of the day. I ran my mouth with Lorna, Richie, and maybe a couple other folks (I forget). I got on the bus that takes folks back to resorts after Hoop De Doo, and when I got to the resort, Rick had just finished up all the laundry from the cruise!!!

It had been a looooong day, Nighty Night!!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, have time for another installment. OOOOOH, this is soooo cool. I just got back to my office and my dual wide ratio monitors were waitin on me!!! Photobucket on one monitor and Fort Fiends on the

What did Dave have to eat? Did they serve cheeseburgers? LOL

Thanks Carol! I really enjoyed this trip of yours. I too liked the pictures of the inside of the DME bus. As for Rick's surgery, if there is anything I can do to help out let me know. I don't know w

And that is it for our first day at WDW!!! I didn't pull out the camera the rest of the day. I ran my mouth with Lorna, Richie, and maybe a couple other folks (I forget). I got on the bus that takes folks back to resorts after Hoop De Doo, and when I got to the resort, Rick had just finished up all the laundry from the cruise!!!

It had been a looooong day, Nighty Night!!

Sounds like a great way to wrap up your day. And :bravo: to Rick for doing the laundry.

Sounds like a great way to wrap up your day. And :bravo: to Rick for doing the laundry.

It was an awesome evening, and yes Rick is a peach :-)

Absolutely wonderful TR!

As one who has never sailed on a Disney Cruise, well, any cruise for that matter, I fully appreciate every photo and comment. You've really made me want to cruise!

I'm glad you found your earring. I lost one in AK on our vacay but it was cheap so no harm done. ;)

:bravo:

Thanks Kim!! Yeah, I WAS sweatin the earring!!!!

Friday, September 9th, 2011

Finally ready to continue on!! It’s been a “Maniac” week, so let’s read about a “maniac” day!!

First stop was the POFQ food court for a little bit of breakfast.

Here are few shots along the way

100_3564.jpg

100_3565.jpg

100_3566.jpg

When at the Food Court, we ran into an old friend of mine from high school! It was a delight seeing her again. Our boyfriends/first spouses were good friends, so we double dated a lot, and our boys were all born about the same time. So they played together a lot as rugrats.

We’ve both since remarried and all our boys have gone their separate ways, and we really don’t see each other much anymore, although she married a coworker of mine from a different division. So we do run into each other at company functions.

Now it’s time to head to the Studios for the Toy Story Mania Morning Stampede!!!

Here we are waiting at the bus stop.

100_3567.jpg

100_3568.jpg

100_3569.jpg

When we arrived at the bus stop, there was another scooter waiting for the studios, so we knew we’d have to wait for the next bus unless it had three spots. (Which is rare). Well, sure enough, we did have to wait for the next bus. The bus coordinator was nice enough to give us an instant FastPass for any attraction at the Studios that day!!!!

We arrive at the Studios and here we go!

100_3570.jpg

100_3571.jpg

100_3572.jpg

100_3573.jpg

We left TSM and got Fastpasses for riding again, and about that time, a local friend of ours called to say she had arrived, so we met her.

A few pics along the way.

100_3574.jpg

100_3575.jpg

100_3576.jpg

We met our friend and went back to TSM so she could get a Fastpass, and the wait was only 15 minutes WOOHOO!! Here we go again!!

100_3578.jpg

100_3579.jpg

100_3580.jpg

100_3581.jpg

100_3583.jpg

100_3584.jpg

When we finished, the accessible line had no one waiting, so they asked if we wanted to ride again!! YES!!!! So around we go again!!!!

After we get off, we go to the Great Movie Ride

100_3585.jpg

100_3587.jpg

100_3588.jpg

100_3589.jpg

100_3593.jpg

100_3594.jpg

100_3601.jpg

100_3604.jpg

100_3607.jpg

100_3609.jpg

And that’s my photo limit. Coming next, will the maniac trend continue?? We’ll see!!

I can definitely vouch that y'all were getting your money's worth from your park passes. I remember all the "checking in" posts on FB! That was awesome that Rick did the laundry! I do notice it is a sexist thing we have going though, if you had said you had done the laundry we probably wouldn't have remarked. Dang it, Rick should have done the laundry and my brother Ed needs to learn from that example! :rofl2:

Awesome awesome report! I LOVE all the information you posted! I might get over my claustrophobic craziness to go on a cruise one of these days! I do think DH and I would probably do room service most of the time - we are very inconsistent eaters. Thanks for scanning all the info they gave you - I found it very interesting and educational!

So glad you found your earring! We all know we have certain things that we LOVE and would hate to lose them!

I can't wait to hear more about POFQ - that is one of the possibilities for our next trip...

And big high-fives on the TSM marathon! How awesome!!!

Still loving it! :heart:

I would like to see a reappearance of your floppy hat though! hehe. It's adorable!

Not sure about the floppy hat. I was behind the camera most of the time for the WDW part, or we were inside, so wasn't wearing it as consistently. If there is another pic, I'll post it though!!

Awesome awesome report! I LOVE all the information you posted! I might get over my claustrophobic craziness to go on a cruise one of these days! I do think DH and I would probably do room service most of the time - we are very inconsistent eaters. Thanks for scanning all the info they gave you - I found it very interesting and educational!

So glad you found your earring! We all know we have certain things that we LOVE and would hate to lose them!

I can't wait to hear more about POFQ - that is one of the possibilities for our next trip...

And big high-fives on the TSM marathon! How awesome!!!

I don't see how anyone could be claustrophobic on the Dream!! The public spaces are HUGE, and if you have a verandah, there is always the open ocean!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with room service!!!

Thanks for reading!!!!

Will there be more pictures of the French Quarter? Next to the Fort, this is my favorite resort :banana:

Keep up the good work on this report, Carol. I :heartsmiley: it.

Yes there will, I took a good long stroll around the grounds on Sunday right before leaving!! So have TONS of pictures of the resort, so keep readin!! I'll get another update up tonight!

When we left off we were leaving the Great Movie Ride, what to do next? Well we had this “No Strings Attached FastPass” for any ride in the Studios, so back we went to Toy Story Mania!! However, the wait was only 20 minutes!! No need to use the pass!!

So, that makes spin number FOUR for us maniacs today!!

100_3659.jpg

So after that, us girls decided we wanted to ride Rock n’ Roller Coaster and the Tower, so off we go. I think the guys went after some food.

It looks like we rode Tower First

100_3623.jpg

100_3613.jpg

Then off to jam with Aerosmith

100_3614.jpg

100_3616.jpg

100_3620.jpg

100_3621.jpg

100_3622.jpg

Then our regular Fastpass time had come up on Toy Story Mania, so back we go!

Some scenery along the way

100_3624.jpg

100_3625.jpg

100_3626.jpg

100_3627.jpg

100_3628.jpg

100_3629.jpg

Still only a 20 minute wait, so STILL don’t use the FP. That is ride number FIVE!!

100_3660.jpg

Then we head over to Muppet Vision 3D for some hilarity and a nice cool seat in the air conditioning

Some pics along the way

100_3630.jpg

100_3631.jpg

100_3632.jpg

100_3633.jpg

100_3634.jpg

100_3635.jpg

100_3636.jpg

Waitin to enter

100_3640.jpg

100_3642.jpg

OK, now we decided to try TSM again!! Will we need our FP?? Yep, we had to use our regular fastpasses this time, so here we go!! That’s ride number SIX!!!

100_3661.jpg

So after that we go to Indiana Jones Stunt Show!! I haven’t seen this in YEARS, so it was fun!!

100_3645.jpg

100_3648.jpg

100_3651.jpg

100_3656.jpg

100_3658.jpg

And that’s my photo limit!

Coming next, will we ride TSM again?? Or have we run out of time?? The update coming soon!!

Carol-

I'm still enjoying your report!

I hope that y'all got to ride TSMM one more time. That is quite impressive!

BTW- you have now passed 4000 views on this report, and yours is currently the 8th most viewed trip report here on FF.net!

And, it isn't even over yet!

Good job!

TCD

Will we?? Who knows??!!!!

Thanks for readin!!

Well, let’s let the suspense end. Time for another update!!

After leaving Indiana Jones, we decided YES!! We had time for one more spin on Toy Story Mania!! We still had the “No Strings Attached” FP from the nice bus coordinator, so off we go!!!! Ride Number SEVEN!!!!

100_3662.jpg

This was a TOTALLY unusual day!! I have NEVER been able to ride TSM more than 4 times in one regular guest day. And that was in the last hour of a rare late EMH at the Studios. No I have ridden it 20 times in one night, but that was at an after hours party I got to attend thanks to our dear travel agent Rhonda.

Well, time to head out of the Studios. We had a dinner reservation over at Epcot, so we needed to make our way that direction.

We came across the parade on our way out.

100_3666.jpg

100_3669.jpg

100_3671.jpg

As always, when we can walk/roll somewhere, we do. Not waitin on a bus or boat when we can get there faster on foot.

As we’re walking along the pathway between the Studios and Epcot IG, we come across this turtle.

100_3673.jpg

We entered Epcot through the International Gateway, and since we were HOT from that walk, decided to sit in the AC for bit and went to Impressions de France.

100_3674.jpg

100_3675.jpg

I actually got some good pictures inside the attraction.

100_3678.jpg

100_3682.jpg

100_3683.jpg

100_3687.jpg

100_3693.jpg

100_3700.jpg

100_3704.jpg

100_3710.jpg

OK, we left that attraction and checked in for our dinner at Tepan Edo. This was a good dinner and a lot of fun!

100_3713.jpg

100_3714.jpg

100_3718.jpg

After dinner, I ran back to France and grabbed a Grand Marnier Slushie. Yumm!!!! And we strolled some more of World Showcase, stopped for a Rice Cream for desert in Norway, and worked our way out before Illuminations.

100_3727.jpg

100_3728.jpg

100_3729.jpg

100_3730.jpg

Back to the hotel for bed!

A few more pics of the room before we messed it up.

100_3732.jpg

100_3733.jpg

100_3734.jpg

100_3735.jpg

100_3736.jpg

100_3737.jpg

100_3738.jpg

100_3739.jpg

Nighty Night.

Coming Next, Magic Kingdom, and Mary Poppins!!

Nah, they made Dave some VERY WELL DONE steak. However, I was really surprised when Buff said she made reservations there :rofl2: :rofl2:

VERY WELL DONE and Steak should never be used together! At some point in the cooking process, Steak converts to Shoe Leather. That point depends upon how close to Well Done you approach as well as the tenderness of the meat prior to cooking. :rofl2:

If you carry it too far, of course, you have charcoal ... :rofl2: :rofl2: