A Fiendtastic DREAMY Cruise!! and Chillin in the Big Easy

09-15-2011100749PM.jpg

Well, it finally came!! It's hard to believe almost 18 months ago when we booked, this trip was just a twinkle in the eye and a far off Dream!!!

When this trip was planned our ship wasn't even built yet!!! Many things have happened since!! We have a fabulous new FortFiends community, and our world has gone Purple!!!

Woo Hoo!!! Here we go!!!

Monday, August 29th

Now I know this is waaay before the cruise, but that's when my trip started. As usual, Carol plans a vacation, and work gets nuts. It's just the way it works. I had to be in Sterling, VA on Tuesday evening, and my DH Rick had a little accident and tore his rotator cuff and broke some toes, so I had to totally be packed and have the truck loaded so Rick could drive down to Orlando on Friday, and I could get on a plane for Dulles airport on Tuesday.

It's HARD to pack for two different locations, overnight stops, etc. I wanted to fix it where we weren't dragging our big suitcases into every location.

So I had 3 small bags packed, 3 larges suitcases packed, my work computer bag, and 3 bags of "liquid" carryons for the cruise, plus Rick's ECV all packed and loaded on Monday night.

Tuesday, August 30th

Rick dropped me at the airport for my work trip, and I had 3 crazy work days organizing everything so the authors could work while I was on vacation and not mess my files up too badly, cause after the vacation I had to be back up to Sterling and "fix" their work and put out a final product by Sept 20th.

Friday, September 2nd

Rick left home early Friday morning and drove to Orlando and stayed at the Ramada on 192. That is our choice when we stay offsite. We can usually stay there free on points from all my work travel, and you have a great view of all the parks and the fireworks from the upper level tower rooms.

Since I knew I was coming back to Sterling after the vacation, I left my work suitcase and my work computer bag at the office, so that saved some luggage dragging through the airport.

Saturday, September 3rd

I'M ON VACATION!!!!!!!!

I have an early flight from Dulles to MCO and Rick picks me up from the airport.

I told Rick to pick me up on Level 3 since I had no checked luggage, but that was not a good plan. He stopped in the cell phone waiting lot and apparently there are no roads from the cell phone lot to Level 3, so after he looped around a couple times, and we argued on the phone, I finally broke down and went downstairs to Level 2 and there he was!!

I hadn't eaten yet today, and I saw a couple of Halloween things at the airport Disney Store that I wanted, so off to Downtown Disney!!

We stopped at Earl of Sandwhich for lunch

IMG_20110903_115128.jpg

We also wandered World of Disney and got a new Halloween flag for the camper and I replaced my "Body Parts" pajama bottoms that I wear when camping cause my existing pair was getting pretty ratty.

100_3876.jpg

We then decided we wanted to head on over to Cocoa Beach and our hotel.

Rhonda had arranged the Four Points Sheraton for us which included the shuttle to the ship and free parking while on the cruise.

It was right next to Ron Jons and about a block from the beach.

After checking in, our friends arrived shortly and we wandered the shop there at the hotel and wandered through Ron Jon's

100_1546.jpg

IMG_20110903_152844.jpg

IMG_20110904_100221.jpg

IMG_20110903_153123.jpg

IMG_20110903_152906.jpg

We also went into CVS to grab some soft drinks, and a couple other odds and ends.

We then hopped in the truck and went over towards the Port to have dinner at Fishlips Seafood Bar and Grill. We were hoping to see a Carnival Ship sail away, but we just missed it.

Sitting with us are our friends David and Buff (Sandra)

100_3115.jpg

We did see several other boats and had an awesome dinner!!

100_3114.jpg

100_3113.jpg

100_3112.jpg

100_3111.jpg

100_3110.jpg

100_3116.jpg

After dinner we actually drove past the Disney terminal just to get the lay of the land and then drove back to the hotel.

We decided to stroll down to the beach.

100_3125.jpg

100_3123.jpg

100_3121.jpg

100_3120.jpg

100_3118.jpg

100_3117.jpg

After strolling the beach, it was back to the hotel to organize stuff to load on the shuttle the next morning and park the truck in the designated cruise parking spot.

Our hotel room had a window, but it was overlooking the store and the bar!!

100_3128.jpg

100_3127.jpg

100_3126.jpg

Rick and myself went down to the bar for a little bit and watched some football and called it a night!!

Nighty night, tomorrow is the CRUISE!!!!!!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, have time for another installment. OOOOOH, this is soooo cool. I just got back to my office and my dual wide ratio monitors were waitin on me!!! Photobucket on one monitor and Fort Fiends on the

What did Dave have to eat? Did they serve cheeseburgers? LOL

Thanks Carol! I really enjoyed this trip of yours. I too liked the pictures of the inside of the DME bus. As for Rick's surgery, if there is anything I can do to help out let me know. I don't know w

Great start Carol!

I've never been inside a Ron Jon shop! It looks huge!

It is huge.

And, I defy you to find a bigger collection of overpriced crap anywhere in the world.

Seriously, I'm sure you have seen the billboards.

We finally succumbed and visited a few years ago.

Oy!

I'm sure there must be a cheap t-shirt/souvenir shop somewhere near you. Just imagine that times 1000, with higher prices, and you will know what Ron Jon's is all about.

You haven't missed anything.

TCD

Nice start Carol!

Do I dare ask what "body parts" pajamas are? :unsure:

Looking forward to the next installment.

Can't believe you haven't seen them. Lots of kitchenware and some clothing splattered with Mickey's Head (Black), Shorts (Red), Shoes (Yellow), and Hands (White). They are referred to on the labels as the "Body Parts" line :-)

The next installment will be coming this evening!!!

Can't believe you haven't seen them. Lots of kitchenware and some clothing splattered with Mickey's Head (Black), Shorts (Red), Shoes (Yellow), and Hands (White). They are referred to on the labels as the "Body Parts" line :-)

PHEW! Yes, I have seen those, just never realized that was what they called them. I feel much better now. :)

This evening?! Time to break out the PirateEmoticon.gif

It is huge.

And, I defy you to find a bigger collection of overpriced crap anywhere in the world.

Seriously, I'm sure you have seen the billboards.

We finally succumbed and visited a few years ago.

Oy!

I'm sure there must be a cheap t-shirt/souvenir shop somewhere near you. Just imagine that times 1000, with higher prices, and you will know what Ron Jon's is all about.

You haven't missed anything.

TCD

Point taken.

But Ron Jon's crap is way crappier than WDW's.

TCD

Yes, we do have cheap T-shirt places near our house. It's called Walgreens. :rofl2:

There is nothing near us worthy of a souvenir except for Augusta National and unless you're a gazillionaire you're not gettin' in the gate.

I can't imagine there being a larger collection of overpriced crapola anywhere than at WDW. But you should know....

You've been there done that and bought the T-shirt. In fact..... You bought 2. :rofl3: Just kiddin' ya. :D

Carol, you'd better hurry on the next installment! The natives are getting restless...