Ok, I'm slow but I'm finally here, We absolutely loved Gatlinburg, really didnt care much for Pigeon Forge. Have I ever mentioned how pretty your girls are? they have the bluest eyes I've ever seen! I think a GG in that area would be awesome! I'd sign up for that one for sure. I have heard about Jack Huffs and glad to know now that the reviews do it justice. This year for my girls birthday we are taking just a mommy and me trip and that is probably where we will land. We really do need to get our girls together soon!!

As I mentioned we still had to decide where we were going to eat dinner. The one thing you will note is that I am a planner. I want to know if we are going somewhere when we will be going, for how long, where we want to stay, eat etc all before we get there. Steve on the other hand is not as detailed oriented as me. So, being the “good wife” I decided not to let this bother me and though I did my research did not insist on the decisions being made prior to us leaving. In the end this end up working out well for us. Our requirements for where to eat were simple. One the place had to be showing college football games and we wanted to watch the Nebraska game. The other Steve was wanting a steak. So, we called various restaurants in town. If they only had a few televisions in the restaurant or lounge area it was pretty evident on our part that they would not be showing the Nebraska game as there were SEC games going on at the same time. So, this led us to the place where I was secretly hoping we would go. Where? Why the Smoky Mountain Brewery of course.

We waited to leave until after the first half of the Nebraska and Ohio State game. If you saw my first post in the College Football thread than you know that it is a requirement in our family that Husker wear be worn on game day. They were losing. Ok let me correct this they were humiliated during the first half. Did we really want to go out in Tennessee (some of their fans have a strong dislike for Nebraska) wearing our Husker shirts? Yes. We did. I am thinking that maybe the change of scenery for us helped the team because they ended up coming back and winning the game. Ok, so I know that we really had no impact what so ever on the result of the game, but humor me. ::)

Being that the Brewery was not located near our hotel we had a bit of a walk. We could have taken the trolley there, but we enjoy walking. Steve and Drew went ahead of the girls and me to see about getting us a table (also known as they were walking much quicker than us). We were seated upstairs and Steve and I both ordered a beer.

Actually I ordered the 3 beer sampler.

P1020274.jpg

Liked it so much I went ahead and tried 3 different ones. I forgot to get pictures of those though. I believe Jessica and Drew ordered water and Rachel had a lemonade. We ordered wings as an appetizer. The girls both ordered chicken fingers and fries off of the children’s menu. Drew ordered a burger, Steve had a steak (filet I believe) and I ordered the chicken and smoked cheddar sandwich. The food was good and we were stuffed so when the waitress asked if we wanted dessert the answer was “No Thank You!”

Ok, I'm slow but I'm finally here, We absolutely loved Gatlinburg, really didnt care much for Pigeon Forge. Have I ever mentioned how pretty your girls are? they have the bluest eyes I've ever seen! I think a GG in that area would be awesome! I'd sign up for that one for sure. I have heard about Jack Huffs and glad to know now that the reviews do it justice. This year for my girls birthday we are taking just a mommy and me trip and that is probably where we will land. We really do need to get our girls together soon!!

Yeah we aren't huge Pigeon Forge people either. I don't mind going to the outlets to look around, but spending hours shopping is just not fun to me. If I can't find what I want in under 10 minutes than I am out of there. A mommy and me trip sounds fabulous. We do need to get the girls together. Maybe after you get back from Disney? BTW, do you think you suitcase is large enough for me to fit inside? :rofl2:

Glad you enjoyed the brewery. That is one of our favorite restaurants in the smokies due to the service, great food, and great price. I also agree about Piegon Forge. If it were up to me, I would spend the whole time in the national forrest. Our last trip we found JT Hannas kitchen in Piegon Forge. This is another great restaurant find for the same reasons as the brewery

Glad you enjoyed the brewery. That is one of our favorite restaurants in the smokies due to the service, great food, and great price. I also agree about Piegon Forge. If it were up to me, I would spend the whole time in the national forrest. Our last trip we found JT Hannas kitchen in Piegon Forge. This is another great restaurant find for the same reasons as the brewery

When we go camping and stay at Smoky Bear going to the park is generally what we do. We might go into town one night for dinner, but that is about it. I really miss doing that. Darn the school system for shortening the break. I guess we could go during spring break, but we just really love it in the fall.

Following dinner we stopped to get some pictures before heading back to our hotel.

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

038.jpg

Some to compare from last year and 2008

P1010163.jpg

P1010161.jpg

Oh yeah my son got that sweatshirt from the sports store in Gatlinburg right after Alabama lost to SC last year. Not like he wanted to rub it into his friends who were Alabama fans or anything. ::)

Where oh where did my baby go?

Picture31.jpg

Jess and her new best friend.

039.jpg

After arriving back at our room we pretty much just crashed out. Tomorrow we would have to check out. Though they did tell us we could leave our car where it was after we checked out so, that would give us more time to look around and shop.

:heart: Now, that's a keeper!

Good for you for ordering not just 1 beer at dinner, but 3!! :cheers:

Thank You. I normally don't order beer (usually I'll have a margarita or mixed drink), but since we were at a brewery I thought I should. Also since we were there I wanted to make sure I tried out a few different ones.

stock-photo-smiley-with-d-glasses-81120937.jpg

This is so cool. So did the 3D glasses work on the beer picture I posted?

I agree.

That is a great photo!

And are those the beer samples in your photo above? They look pretty big for samples.

I'm going to need to get to this place!

TCD

They were samples. I forget how many ounces each was, but they were definitely bigger than what I was thinking a sample would be.

Sunday morning we decided to sleep in and not worry about rushing out to get to breakfast. We had some fruit and yogurt (plus all the leftovers from the previous two nights) in the refrigerator in our room. Who says chicken alfredo is not for breakfast? Don’t tell Rachel that. It was the only thing we had that she wanted to eat.

At 11:30 I took the keys back to the building where you check in. Yes! They actually give you keys here. If you lose one they charge you $20. They say that if you get home and find it then you can mail it back and they will refund your $20. Thankfully we did not have to test this out.

Then we made one final check of the room. Made sure the van was locked up and headed into town. First we stopped here. I told them they should have gone before we left the room, but they just would not listen. :rofl2:

042.jpg

043.jpg

Ok, so I know they say the "Family that Prays together stays together." But not sure what they would say about this?

047.jpg

Once we were done here we went in search of a cup of coffee. My son had seen a place the night before. It happened to be the same place that we were going to get the kids ice-cream from later. It was called Jordan's Village Creamery. We had no idea what to expect. Drew ordered a carmel frappacino, I had a pumpkin spice latte and Steve had an Irish Creme coffee. OH MY they were heavenly. That is one place we will definitely be going back to again. The prices were about the same as what it would cost at Starbucks, but waaaaaay better as far as taste goes. Not that we get Starbucks on a regular basis.

We decided to walk around town first, get some lunch and then go buy any souvenirs and gifts we were going to get just before we left so that we didn't have to carry them around with us the entire day.

Look at that line to get into the Pancake Pantry!

049.jpg

Here are some more people in line waiting around the side of the building.

051.jpg

Some fun fall pictures of the girls in "The Village"

052.jpg

050.jpg

Steve found a place to rest for a minute.

058.jpg

Jessica and Drew chilling out.

057.jpg

At the place where we played miniature golf on Satuday they also had a Mirror Maze. If you added it to the golfing you got a little bit of a discount. Steve still had the receipt and they went ahead and gave him the discount. I thought it was kind of boring last year so, didn't go.

062.jpg

061.jpg

060.jpg

059.jpg

Drew was the first one to find his way out.

065.jpg

He just loves having his picture taken.

The rest followed shortly after him. Jessica was actually the last one, but being little does have some advantages. Such as being able to walk under your daddy's arm and make it look like he was the last one out.

066.jpg

We found our way here.

070.jpg

Steve and I enjoyed the samples. He was going to buy a couple bottles for Christmas gifts, but it was Sunday so, we couldn't do that. Jessica decided to relax a bit outside and listen to the band while we were "tasting" the other two were around somewhere. We didn't leave them there so, they couldn't have wandered too far. :rofl2:

068.jpg

069.jpg

She is her daddy's daughter!

067.jpg

Now it was time to go spend Daddy's money! :yay: The girls had each found a shirt that they wanted and also wanted to do one of the Old Time Photo pictures. We had taken one as a family last year, but this year it was just them.

wantedbytheFBI.jpg

TheWildGals-1.jpg

Drew and Steve both got Henna tattoos. I forgot to get pictures of those though. I believe Drew also got a t-shirt. While they were getting their tattoos. I found a t-shirt for Total Joker, but didn't buy it (Sorry TJ the kids spent all hubby's money!)

055.jpg

A couple more fun pictures of the girls.

053.jpg

054.jpg

Well it seemed we had done all we were going to for this trip so, it was time to head back to our car. Before we did that though we had one more stop to make. After all we had promised the kids ice-cream.

074.jpg

076.jpg

Some final pictures.

078.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

I drove the first part of the trip and once we were out of the windy mountain roads Steve and the kids took a nap. One neat (well I guess it depends on how you look at it actually) was when I was driving on Interstate 40 I passed Hermain Cain's bus. I tried to tell everyone, "Hey look it's Herman Cain's bus!" This is what I heard them say. :sleep: I would have taken a picture, but as I was saying I was driving so, I couldn't do that.

Thank you all for following along with me on this trip report and encouraging me along the way. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I love the outhouse pics! Now, that is a close family!

May I ask why in the mirror maze pictures everyone is wearing plastic gloves? I would of thought that would have been more appropriate in the outhouse pics. :))

Great job on the report. Thanks for sharing.

I love the outhouse pics! Now, that is a close family!

May I ask why in the mirror maze pictures everyone is wearing plastic gloves? I would of thought that would have been more appropriate in the outhouse pics. :))

Great job on the report. Thanks for sharing.

The gloves are to keep the greasy fingerprints off the mirrors I betcha.

I'd hate to have to clean a house full of mirrors after a few hundred people traipsed through it in a day.

Lovely pics Yvonne. Thanks for a great TR.

Looks like a good time for the whole family.