Halloween TR! We were LIVE at the Fort (...but not anymore)!

After a week of traveling we finally made it to the Fort today.

Took almost 45 minutes to get through check in as Disney, once again, succeeded in messing up our reservations. :blowup:

At the moment we are in site 609...I HATE the 600 loop! :argh: Premium sites appear to be packed full. We are waiting for Kenny to bring our golf cart and go check it all out. I'm so bummed...and this is supposed to be my happy place! :(

More later and hopefully some pictures. Come by and see us when you arrive...hopefully then we will be out of the 600 loop!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After running around to restock groceries we decided to wander over to MK for EMH. Some of the decorations we saw along the way.... A lot of decorated golf carts are starting to show up.... Passing

Thanks! We think he's adorable too (well...most of the time :D ) So Lou...you're keeping your snarky to yourself??

Here's Aiden in his other costume as SNARKY visiting with some Fiends.. Ed & Rita's Momma... Joanne... We can't forget Lola... Here's Mason...he just loves Snarky's tail... Trevor to the r

Kenny arrived shortly after we got set up and brought us the same fast, red Kenny Kart we had last time.

So off we went in search of some pixie dust after our fiasco with check in.

(Have I told you I HATE the 600 loop!!) :argh:

First stop...the Meadow Trading Post.

Here's some Halloween items we found...Mickey Ghost is a little light and then there is the Halloween tree (?).

DSCN9422.jpg

These are the new Fort Wilderness chairs.

One is a rocking chair ($80something) the other has a little snack table attached to it ($70something).

The Fort Wilderness design is just printed on it in white, the chairs are black.

DSCN9423.jpg

DSCN9427-1.jpg

Here's the tire cover...very cheesy and cheap material.

DSCN9428-1.jpg

The CM said there is more coming for Christmas...they better hurry up because Christmas is just around the corner!

Next we wandered out back.

The water level is very low which seems weird after all the recent rains.

Take a look at Bear Rock.

DSCN9455.jpg

Looking in the direction of the pool area.

DSCN9446.jpg

Looking in the direction of the 600 loop

DSCN9447.jpg

Looking across to the Bike Barn

DSCN9443.jpg

See that disturbance in the water on the right side of the last picture?

Here’s a better view….we wondered what it was?

DSCN9435.jpg

Then we saw this hose coming up out of the water and heard some noise.

DSCN9436.jpg

Looked around the side of the dock and here’s what we saw.

It’s some kind of motor/pump thingie.

DSCN9437.jpg

Looks like they are stirring up and aerating the water. Maybe the water being so low is causing problems? What do you think?

From there we took a trip over to the 100’s and here are Feisty’s decorations.

DSCN9466.jpg

DSCN9461.jpg

This is across the street from Feisty.

DSCN9469.jpg

Here are our neighbor’s decorations

DSCN9418.jpg

On the next post we hope to include more of the decorations.

I can tell you that Hilda’s are looking very subdued and the Thriller guy’s in the 400 loop do not follow the “Guidelines”.

I leave you with a picture from our quick stop at the marina.

This guy (and his whole family) were going to MNSSHP dressed up as Smurfs!

They were all painted entirely in blue.

The father had on a white Smurf hat and a white adult “diaper”.

DSCN9470-1.jpg

Way…way…way…TMI!!!

I think I was blinded for at least an hour!!! :bugeyes:

Good grief! Would they really let him in the park? Although I haven't been to MNSSHP, I have watched guests arriving, and haven't seen anything like that before. How was the rest of the family dressed (or un-dressed, as the case may be!) ?

Which reminds me, what do you call it when you put 7-Up on your salad?

UN-DRESSING!!!

That bubbler was broke from Jan to July, the guy came the last morning I was there in July and put a new pump on it, the fish like it.

Did I ever tell you how I love the 600 loop? I like 606 the best, I've been in 602 twice, 605 twice and 635 once and one other site but I don't remember the #. Did I tell you I like the 600 loop? Look for me there next week.

Good grief! Would they really let him in the park? Although I haven't been to MNSSHP, I have watched guests arriving, and haven't seen anything like that before. How was the rest of the family dressed (or un-dressed, as the case may be!) ?

The rest of the family was also painted blue...we were too far away to get a picture of them all....ummm...not sure I would have wanted to do that!

I think I may have been scarred for life :bugeyes:

We were totally traumatized! Had to cover Aiden's little innocent eyes! It was scary!!

That bubbler was broke from Jan to July, the guy came the last morning I was there in July and put a new pump on it, the fish like it.

Did I ever tell you how I love the 600 loop? I like 606 the best, I've been in 602 twice, 605 twice and 635 once and one other site but I don't remember the #. Did I tell you I like the 600 loop? Look for me there next week.

I'm glad the bubbler will make the fish happy. We plan on taking the GS to fishing. Hopefully the fish are so deliriously happy with the bubbler that they will jump right on the hook.

Did I tell you I HATE the 600 loop? :argh:

Sorry...not that we don't want to meet you...but we will be moving to another site on Sunday.

So happy that next week we will be there but.........I'm just as happy that I missed the smurf!

Yea!! Another Fiend to meet!

Karla, as always your pictures are gorgeous. I thought the water was up down there, I guess not. WTF is up with a grown man in a diaper? I would love to know if he got in the gate like that.

Thanks Rita! There were some other strangely dressed characters around but my camera battery had died. Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights they have MNSSHP and we plan to try and hang around and get some more pictures. Maybe the Smurf family will show up again.....NOT!!!

After running around to restock groceries we decided to wander over to MK for EMH.

Some of the decorations we saw along the way....

DSCN9490-1.jpg

DSCN9495-1.jpg

A lot of decorated golf carts are starting to show up....

DSCN9497-1.jpg

Passing by Discovery Island we saw many of these big black birds in the sky and roosting in the trees...

DSCN9479-1.jpg

The sunset was very pretty...

DSCN9504-1.jpg

DSCN9500-1.jpg

The "welcome lights" were on at MK...

DSCN9522-1.jpg

DSCN9518-1.jpg

First stop is always Peter Pan. The ride got stuck so we were left hanging over London...

DSCN9541-1.jpg

Then across the way to ISM...(no...don't listen to that song going round in your head!! :rofl3: )

Aiden just can't swivel around fast enough in his seat to take it all in!

DSCN9533-1.jpg

We came out of ISM and found it was time for fireworks. These are looking over top of Pinochio Haus....

DSCN9570-1.jpg

DSCN9549-1.jpg

DSCN9561-1.jpg

DSCN9575-1.jpg

Next up...Winnie the Pooh!

DSCN9599-1.jpg

DSCN9605-1.jpg

DSCN9607-1.jpg

DSCN9622-1.jpg

Then we did Dumbo and the Carousel with POC being next. Unfortunately Aiden hadn't gotten his afternoon nap and he fell asleep in the stroller. We headed for the boat back to the Fort. I took lots of pictures on the way out...they will come in another post.

The rain is beginning as I post this on Tuesday afternoon. Looks like it might not be quite as bad as expected but we are planning rain activities (might just need a trip to the outlets ::) )!

Karla-

Excellent work!

I wondered what Feisty was going to do with her decorations since her site is right along the sidewalk, and the new rules say no decorations within five feet of the sidewalk. I see she solved that problem by just doing what she always does. Good for her. If you see her, please tell her TCD said Hi, and that I hope to see her soon. Also ask her how she liked the Bucs game on Sunday.

You are doing a great job with your photos- I think you posted the first photo of the tire cover. Yuck!

I can't believe how low the water is behind the Bike Barn. Something is definitely not right about that with all of the rain that we have been having. I may need to head over to investigate!

TCD

I can't believe how low the water is behind the Bike Barn. Something is definitely not right about that with all of the rain that we have been having. I may need to head over to investigate!

TCD

I was thinking the same thing. There has got to be a pump runing somewhere.

Great report! Keep it coming!