Halloween TR! We were LIVE at the Fort (...but not anymore)!

For those that couldn't be with us...here's a little sample of what's happening...

A mini-Fiend gathering....(Ed, Rita, Momma, Joanne...so sorry your dinner got cold :)) )

Included are TNBob & Mrs TNBob (Cathy & Bob), 4Mickey2 (Cheryl & Jeff) and their Bichons (Thelma, Louise, Duke & Barkley), BuckeyeFortFamily (Steve & Family), Runner (Ed), PureTCrazy (Rita), OldeKoote (Momma), Grammie (Joanne), my DH (Paul) and the Official Fiend Greeter (Aiden)

DSCN9689-1.jpg

DSCN9690-1.jpg

DSCN9691-1.jpg

DSCN9692-1.jpg

DSCN9693-1.jpg

DSCN9696-1.jpg

Here's a look at a very large Halloween display on the corner of the 300 loop. We had a chance to talk to the creator who said they have been putting up the display for quite a few years. Each year he adds a little more. He has designed, built, and painted most of the decorations himself (with the exception of the blow-ups). It takes a trailer and two pick up trucks to bring it to the Fort from his home in Kissimmee. He also said that as he started to put up the display he got an inspection visit from the Disney Decoration PoPo...and he passed with flying colors. Just goes to show you...rules at the Fort are made to be broken ;D .

DSCN9685-1.jpg

DSCN9684-1.jpg

DSCN9683-1.jpg

DSCN9681-1.jpg

DSCN9676-1.jpg

DSCN9678-1.jpg

DSCN9667-1.jpg

DSCN9662-1.jpg

DSCN9659-1.jpg

DSCN9658-1.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After running around to restock groceries we decided to wander over to MK for EMH. Some of the decorations we saw along the way.... A lot of decorated golf carts are starting to show up.... Passing

Thanks! We think he's adorable too (well...most of the time :D ) So Lou...you're keeping your snarky to yourself??

Here's Aiden in his other costume as SNARKY visiting with some Fiends.. Ed & Rita's Momma... Joanne... We can't forget Lola... Here's Mason...he just loves Snarky's tail... Trevor to the r

Aw! Loving these photos! I'm really not sure Aiden could possibly be one tiny bit cuter. He is ADORABLE!

Thanks! We think he's adorable too (well...most of the time :D )

Oh, the captions I could put on those first two photos.

So Lou...you're keeping your snarky to yourself?? :))

Thank you everybody for the nice compliments.

We are so looking forward to meeting all the Fiends coming for the Halloween GG. :jumpforjoy

Aiden is only one of my very precious grandsons...his 9 month old brother, PJ, is at home in Virginia with Mom & Dad :heart: :heart:.

Tonight we have some new Fort news.....

Check out the addition to the walkway next to Feisty's site which is on the right side of this picture.

Yup...they added another pole right in the middle.

Seems a golf cart could just squeeze between the first two poles they recently put in.

So Disney, in it's infinite wisdom, installed another pole to keep those sneaky golf cart people from driving down the sidewalk.

BOO!! Another bad decision by Fort management. :argh:

DSCN8973-1.jpg

Loving your report and photos!

I agree boo management and poles. The congestion it creates along the one pathway was bad this past weekend. I can't imagine what it will be like during Halloween weekend.

Here's a look at a very large Halloween display on the corner of the 300 loop. We had a chance to talk to the creator who said they have been putting up the display for quite a few years. Each year he adds a little more. He has designed, built, and painted most of the decorations himself (with the exception of the blow-ups). It takes a trailer and two pick up trucks to bring it to the Fort from his home in Kissimmee. He also said that as he started to put up the display he got an inspection visit from the Disney Decoration PoPo...and he passed with flying colors. Just goes to show you...rules at the Fort are made to be broken ;D .

Well there you go!

This is my biggest beef with the management of the Fort.

This display has, in fact, been there every year for the past few. The guy does a great job. In fact, I believe he won the site decorating contest last year, and has been a finalist in previous years.

But, this display clearly violates the new decorating rules- his decorations are in the common areas, and closer than five feet to the sidewalk.

So, if this is allowed, how can they enforce the rules against others?

I know that they will try.

And that is going to cause hard feelings.

Why do they go to the bother of publishing rules and then ignore them?

Dumb.

But, aside from that- this is a great report!

Keep up the good work!

TCD

We made a trip to DTD and we had an "Aiden First"!

This was his first face painting.....

DSCN9703-1.jpg

And the final result....

DSCN9717-1.jpg

Later in the evening we had another "Aiden First"!

His first Haunted Carriage Ride....

DSCN9731-1.jpg

DSCN9719-1.jpg

Headless horseman pictures were very difficult since it was so dark and I was busy trying to swat away the millions of mosquitoes that were making a valiant effort at carrying us away into the night (never mind the headless horseman!!)

DSCN9729-1.jpg

DSCN9730-1.jpg

Then it was down to the marina to watch fireworks and EWP!

DSCN9742-1.jpg

DSCN1837.jpg

More "Aiden Firsts" will be coming up....off to greet more Fiends (Doodle has arrived!!!).

Great update, Karla!

Good job on the Headless Horseman pics! Been there done that. You pretty much just are shooting in the dark.

Did you make reservations for this, or were you able to walk up? I would think they are pretty booked up this week.

Love the face paint. It's nice for Aiden that Spiderman is OK w/ Disney now.

Lou is probably hyperventilating in a brown paper bag after seeing the EWP photo.

I can't wait for more Aiden firsts.

TCD

Aiden is ADORABLE!

Love Aiden's Spidey face! :D

He's too cute for words!!!

Love it! Hoping to see you guys this weekend! Aiden is a doll, forewarning.. I love little chubby cheeks, tell Aiden Aunty Judy apologizes in advance.. :rofl2:

good thing we aren't both there because I love little chubby cheeks too. They are so adorable!

Why...Thank you very much...we think he's cute too!

Spidey is one of his favorites!

Great update, Karla!

Thank you very much!

Good job on the Headless Horseman pics! Been there done that. You pretty much just are shooting in the dark.

...and it was a perfect night last night...dark and cool with nice clear sky and stars! (with the exception of the @$#* mosquitoes!!!)

Did you make reservations for this, or were you able to walk up? I would think they are pretty booked up this week.

I think we made reservations back in the end of July and at that time anything closer to Halloween was already booked up! We talked with the CM last night and she said that unless you caught a last minute cancellation they were pretty much sold out. There were about 5 families that came up while where were there without reservations and all were turned away.

Love the face paint. It's nice for Aiden that Spiderman is OK w/ Disney now.

Lou is probably hyperventilating in a brown paper bag after seeing the EWP photo.

I just saw Lou yesterday afternoon...he looked fine to me :rofl3:

I can't wait for more Aiden firsts.

Got a few more coming soon!

TCD

I think I might have to steal Aiden. What a cutie patootie. Karla you are a master photographer, you even made me look good :rofl2:

Better than you look this morning? :rofl2:

Maybe I should be glad we went to MNSSHP judging by what I'm reading this morning??

Thank heaven we were gone and Aiden wasn't involved with the Fort Popo!!! :popo:

Maybe I should be glad we went to MNSSHP judging by what I'm reading this morning?? Thank heaven we were gone and Aiden wasn't involved with the Fort Popo!!! :popo:

Maybe Aiden could have smooth talked the PoPo?

Then again?

Glad yall are having a great PoPo free time!