We just got back last week form our longest trip yet to the World. 22 nights.

Those on the trip were me (Christina), my husband Bill, our 5 boys ages 13, 11, 8, 6, and 4. And our daughter who just turned 2. We celebrated 3 birthdays on the trip. My husband first, followed by our daughters 2nd birthday the day after my husbands, and 9 days later our 5th son turned 4. Also worth mentioning that I was 27-30 weeks pregnant on the trip. First time I have ever done WDW that pregnant.

We left Michigan on Sept. 19th and drove almost 12 hours to get to Adairsville, GA for the night. I packed our lunch and dinner so we didn't need to waste time stopping for those. The next day, we were up and going by 5:30am to make it through Atlanta before rush hour. We ended up arriving at WDW around 2pm. Our first 4 nights were at POP. We were in 60's. We had a nice stay there, rooms were great, food court was awesome (even more so since we could use our Tables in Wonderland there), and the kids always love looking around the grounds. Here are a few pics:

100_7555.jpg

100_7558.jpg

While we were at POP, we went to EPCOT and rode a few things, ate in Mexico, and saw Snow White. The heat and humidity were just waaayyy too overwhelming for me. I just can't tolerate it well while pregnant. We had fun, but I was ready to be out of there by mid afternoon.

100_7568.jpg

100_7570.jpg

We also had an ADR at Crystal Palace for breakfast on our 2nd full day. We were much more impressed than our last visit. We didn't even wait 5 minutes for a table. The food was really good too. The only thing that was slightly annoying was that we were there 2 hours and Piglet never came to our table. We gave up on waiting for him as he was always supposed to be just about to us. Our daughter was REALLY scared of the characters and she spent the whole meal in fear of one of them gettting close to her.

100_7585.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids waiting to see the new Tiki Room, they were not impressed at all

100_7602.jpg

All the kids waiting to go on TTA

100_7610.jpg

The next day, we checked into the cabins. we were in loop 2600. Our location was nice, the pool was right at the end of the loop. However, right behind our cabin was a bus stop which was noisy at time (the buses beepiing) and kids were always playing behind the cabin while they waited. After unpacking, one of the first things we did was open presents for Saryn's birthday.

100_7612.jpg

100_7616.jpg

She really loved her baby Belle doll:

100_7619.jpg

Saryn also got Disney princess dress up clothes and a Disney princess beauty set. Her brothers helped her dress up and do her hair.

100_7624.jpg

And long after she was tired of it, they were still there playing. They are going to kill me for this some day, LOL

100_7627.jpg

Our dinner that night was at Whispering Canyon. I usually love this place, but the service was so super super slow this time that it was hard to enjoy. We spent half the meal thirsty because she didn't bring our refills and we had a really hard time getting more food. However, Saryn did get a birthday cupcake, and she loved it. The rest of us really enjoyed our desserts here too.

100_7633.jpg

Here she is clapping when they sang Happy Birthday to her:

100_7637.jpg

And eating her cupcake:

100_7640.jpg

Great start, Christina. 22 days, how awesome is that!! Looking forward to more :popcorn:

Thanks, it was a lot of fun. We need a lot of time because it takes us forever to do anything with so many people and naps, meals etc. LOL

22 nights?

Wow!

This should be one heck of a report.

So far, my favorite kid is the one sticking his finger in Mr. Potato Head's nose!

There's one in every crowd.

I love the photo of your DD with Snow White- what a great photo!

I'm looking forward to a lot more!

TCD

LOL One of them always sticks there finger in his nose and the troll after the Maelstrom in Norway.

Thanks, Saryn absolutely loved meeting the Princesses. It was the highlight of her trip. And we never waited more than 5 minutes to see one (my rule, LOL)!

Looks like fun!!!

Thanks, it was!

Wow, your DD is adorable.

She's really going to be something else when she gets older.

How many girls grow up with five big brothers?!

TCD

Awww, thanks. They did not want a sister at all, but now that they have one they adore her.

Your kids are so darn cute. I hope Saryn gets a new baby sister, she is seriously outnumbered. :)

Thank you so much. Only 9 or so weeks until we see if it will be a new sister or brother. the kids are divided on what they think it is.

On our daily looping, we saw several Fort Fiends sites, and had the priveledge of meeting 2. We saw Disneylitch's site many times but never caught them there, saw Judy in Texas site a few times but they were not there, and we saw Total Joker's site once but they were not around. We had the priveledge of meeting up with Lou,

100_7687.jpg

100_7690.jpg

and also got to briefly meet MicknMin.

Here are more Fort pics from our adventures looping:

100_7665.jpg

100_7667.jpg

100_7668.jpg

We had a late lunch ADR at Biergarten one afternoon and really loved it.

100_7670.jpg

100_7677.jpg

Wow, great report so far. I feel like I've missed so much already.

I have never been over to the POP, but it looks like a fun place. I would have been right there with your boys playing Twister! I may be old, but I'm still flexible!

The pic of your daughter hugging Snow is beautiful :heart: But the next picture of Snow White, she looks a little creepy. I wonder if she was hitting the bottle in the back? I've been know to look like that after a couple of cocktails.

I also like Baby Belle, and think it's great that the boys were playing with girlie stuff and doing Saryn's hair. Yes, they will want to kill you for those pics someday.

That is a smokin hot bus driver you got your picture with. Glad you got to meet Lou, he is a sweetie.

You guys sure make some pretty babies, can't wait to see the new addition. I agree with doodle, I hope it's a girl for Saryn's sake. She deserves some "back-up" to deal with all the boys. :)

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

That is a great photo!

But, it would have been better if the comedian had put his finger in Lou's nose!

I like how Saryn is eyeing Lou with great suspicion!

TCD

LOL

You have a lovely family!

Thank you!

Wow, great report so far. I feel like I've missed so much already.

I have never been over to the POP, but it looks like a fun place. I would have been right there with your boys playing Twister! I may be old, but I'm still flexible!

The pic of your daughter hugging Snow is beautiful :heart: But the next picture of Snow White, she looks a little creepy. I wonder if she was hitting the bottle in the back? I've been know to look like that after a couple of cocktails.

I also like Baby Belle, and think it's great that the boys were playing with girlie stuff and doing Saryn's hair. Yes, they will want to kill you for those pics someday.

That is a smokin hot bus driver you got your picture with. Glad you got to meet Lou, he is a sweetie.

You guys sure make some pretty babies, can't wait to see the new addition. I agree with doodle, I hope it's a girl for Saryn's sake. She deserves some "back-up" to deal with all the boys. :)

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Thanks! You should go over to POP just to walk around sometime. It's a fun place to explore.

I agree about Snow White. The Princesses look good from a distance but up close some look creepywith all that make up. Sleeping Beauty always looks the worst IMO.

It was great meeting Lou. He was very sweet and great with the kids too.

Great trip report so far! No pix of the entrance sign? ???

Can't wait to read more.

The Fort entrance sign or the WDW entrance sign? Either way, nope no pic this time.

Some observations about The Fort. We did notice the increase in security. Lots driving around on golf carts. The most annoying was when on very dead nights, they had a security gaurd directing traffic in the road going into the back (Trails End, beach, store etc.) are. There was no traffic yet you had to wait each time for them to signal you could proceed in turning the corner. It felt like they were thinking everyone was an idiot, not knowing how to know when to go, when it's safe to cross the road etc. I can see the need after the fireworks on busy nights maybe. But, it was overkill most evenings. Also noticed when we were looping that one security person in a truck asked someone to move his truck so his 2 back tires were on the pad. The guy seemed really annoyed but he did it. The weekend before Columbus day weekend got extremely busy. Alot of the people were obnoxious. Lots of kids running in the roads at night and I am talking little kids, we even saw a toddler in just a diaper off down the road from a party on his own. We saw lots of kids driving golf carts, teenagers pulling each other around with a golf cart that had a rope tied to it on a skateboard. We saw a lovely young couple walking on the sidewalk at night. The woman pushing a stroller the man about 15 feet in front of her, shirtless, turning around yelling F this, F that and F you you bleep bleep bleep.

In our cabin loop there was a HUGE birthday party. The people had pulled all the furniture out of the cabin onto the deck. The kids (at least 30) were loud and running around playing games and doing a pinata behind other peoples cabins. The people across from us took one of the TV's out of the cabin onto the deck and watched the FL Gators game and screamed at their TV all evening.

The next day all of them were gone and the nice peaceful Fort was back. Made us really reconsider ever going during a really busy time.

We decided our fist loop request when we take our TT next Spring will be 1200. No special reason, we just liked it.

We decided to try the Giddy up and Go again. Last time it was really busy and when we got back to our golf cart we noticed there were no biscuits. My husband went back in waited for someone and they acted like we were lying and gave us 2 biscuits, we had 2 10 piece orders. Well we were again disappointed as were told 10 minutes and waited 40 before they came out and apologized saying they were sorry, but they had lost the tickets for our order. They did give us 8 free apple crisps because of it though.

Now, on to some more pics!

Another playground near the 1200-1300 loop:

100_7691.jpg

100_7693.jpg

100_7694.jpg

100_7706.jpg

100_7712.jpg

100_7716.jpg

We had the privilege of meeting up with Lou,

Believe me, the privilege was all mine. What a great family you have.

I visited for the good part of an hour and all the kids were in the cabin, you'd never know they were all there. And very polite too. Aren't they the cutest bunch.

The two of you are doing something right.

The kids are really going to enjoy the Fort in the new RV next year.

Your observations about the "security" at the Fort are spot on. They put a few dim witted castmembers on golf carts and have them direct traffic when it is not needed- which in my opinion creates rather than resolves issues. Then they go around and harass folks who have a tire or two off of their parking pad. In the meantime, there are kids driving on golf carts, folks racing around on ATV's and gas powered "carts" at speeds way above what the rules say, and a gang of outsiders enjoying the pool. It is enough to drive you crazy if you let it. If you thought Columbus Day weekend was bad, you wouldn't want to see Halloween, New Year's Eve or July 4th.

TCD