Lots of Firsts and Better Late Than Never

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that it does look like a mickey head that was stepped on an peed itself.

Cool! I didn't know walking them was allowed! Maybe I will "walk/run" a marathon one day afterall. ;D

:bravo: Now I have to do it twice - once in Jan and once in Feb.

It's been so long since our trip. It's a good thing Lance took a lot of pictures. It helps my memory...sort of.

It seems I left off with not feeling so well, but having no problem downing ice cream. According to our pics, TT was next up.

I stood in line with my family, but wound up not riding. I just wasn't up to it.

DSC00643.jpg

Lance's dream car.

DSC00650.jpg

IIRC, the price tag on that cat was over $60,000! :o That is one dream that will for sure NEVER come true! ;)

The boys set off for MS while Gretchy and I hung out in the shade.

DSC00651.jpg

I was past done at that point. Our plans were to go back to the camper and come back later to finish up EPCOT.

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

Gretchy swore this was a hidden Mickey.

DSC00655.jpg

As soon as we stepped off the bus, I hurried to the camper to start the finishing touches on supper. The rest of the family took their time getting back to the camper, taking time to stop and smell the roses. Okay, more like taking time to stop and take some pics of deer...since we NEVER see any of those at home. :rofl3:

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

The boys went to play b-ball again, Gretchy watched Disney channel and I rested. :whew:

Soon enough it was time to eat.

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

After dinner, our plans were to take a bike ride over to WL and go back to EPCOT to "finish" our day. However, on our way out of the 1700 loop, we heard a noise. It was an owl. Lance really wanted to get some pictures. It wound up being 2 owls and Lance took over 100 pictures...of something we see all the time at home. But, like the "r" bug, Disney animals are special and very picture worthy...I guess. ::):)) I'll spare you MOST of the pictures.

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

Just to let you know, I exaggerated on the # of owl pics. There were only 30. There is no telling how many were deleted though. ;D The owl time-out took a huge chunk of our time. The boys took so long doing this, Gretchy wound up going back to the camper and locking herself inside.

So, it was just the boys and me on the WL trail and it was getting dark. Not much to report or post. Most of the pics Lance took are not post worthy. Note to self...when Lance has the camera, stay behind him, not in front of him! ;) I'll be selective in what I post.

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

You can only imagine what I'm saying. :laugh:

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

You can only imagine what I'm saying. :laugh:

DSC00732.jpg

1treble_staves.gifI CAN ONLY IMAGINE

WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE SAID.

I'M SURE IT WASN'T FOUL

SO GO AHEAD AND TAKE A BOW. :rofl3:

Great update!

Awesome pictures of the owls! I have never seen owls at the fort before.

Our family LOVES the bike path between the fort and the lodge. On days that we are just hanging around the fort, we'll do that ride at least 2-3 times a day. Its one of my most favorite places on Disney property. it is always so quiet and peaceful. You can hear the train whistle from the Magic Kingdom and of course the horns from the boats. I always have that happy feeling when we are biking along on that path. Well, actually, I have that happy feeling whenever I am at the fort!!!

Sorry your still lagging from the race. Back when I was racing (the most I ever did was 5 milers, no marathons for me!!!) I never felt well for the rest of the day. I hated it, but it didnt stop me from running another one the next weekend!!!

Looking forward to more!

Heidi

Yay - glad for an update! From someone who does not get to see wildlife at home, other than one lazy dog, 3 hamsters and a bunch of fish, I'm very happy to see your deer and owl pictures! Sorry you were feeling puny - hope you were able to recover and enjoy the rest of the trip!

He hurried up and went to bed first so he wouldn't have to. :rofl2:

Just make sure he makes an appointment with the chiropractor to get the kink in his back, that he got from bending over to kiss up to you, worked out.

He won't need an appointment. I'll crack his back for him! "WHACK!" :rofl2:

I hope this has all been resolved. KFK, you know we ain't suppose to hold grudges and such. I sure hope you and H have kissed an made up since this incident. :rofl3:

The photos of Gretchen with Daisy are adorable!

I also love the ice cream shots. Y'all certainly did learn a lot at that health eating class!

TCD

Gretch is such a sweetheart. She definitely does NOT get that from me. I hope she stays sweet!

I do seem to recall the healthy eating class saying something about ice cream. ;)

Oooh Liv, sorry about your stomach. It stinks to feel sick when you're at WDW. Please tell me the ice cream made you feel better. I like to think that because Disney is such a magical place, even fried foods & ice cream are healthy!

I especially like the bit of ice cream that you were saving for later. ;)

The ice cream did make me feel better...at least while I was eating it! ;)

Looks to me like everyone is having a wonderful time. Great family vacation, making great family memories. :)

It was a great family vacation!

I enjoy the golf ball ride well enough, but can't stand listening to that Damn Judy Dench. I mean Dame. Really.

:))

If it makes you feel any better, I get sick on Soarin' too! It actually makes me feel off balance for a while afterward. There are so many rides at WDW that I don't even bother with because I get sick on them, but I still love to be there soaking up the atmosphere of the parks.

We should form a society. I can't ride a lot of the rides either. :(

Rides have always made me queasy. Just ask my childhood BF about the grape slushie I threw up all over her on a ride at the fair. We were about 10 years old. I knew not to ride that dang ride, but there was a boy I was sweet on who was riding it. I wonder what ever happened to him? :laugh: That BF is STILL my BF though!!

One word: ADORABLE!!!!!

Yes, I think my kids are adorable too, but I realize I'm biased. I happen to think your boys are ADORABLE as well!

That Ice cream looks bigger than your head!

I think it was before I got a hold of it!

But not bigger than THE BEAST! :rofl3:

Only before the beast is tamed.

I didn't know Beauty and THE BEAST was one person :rofl2:

Is that a compliment? If so, thanks. If not, :raspberry:.

You still there, Liv? Hope all is well with you - I know how busy life can get but I'd still love to hear about the rest of your trip! :D

I think I updated just after you posted this!

Lance is having his gallbladder removed next Tuesday and hopefully I'll have some "down" time to finish this thing up. If not, I may have to combine it with my next trip! :laugh:

Great update Liv!!!!

Thanks Carol!

Thank goodness you're back. I thought sure you'd vanished! :eek:

Great update....

No vanishing act...just life. :(

Good job on the owl pictures. We heard them but ended up only getting a picture of a red shouldered hawk (which live in our backyard-rather have the owl).

We have a family of screech owls that mate in our back yard every year. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE little boogers! We don't get to see BIG owls very often, so these were a little different. While I love any bird of prey, any time I see one in our yard, I wonder what they are after. :-\

I agree that it does look like a mickey head that was stepped on an peed itself.

Now that there was funny! :rofl2:

1treble_staves.gifI CAN ONLY IMAGINE

WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE SAID.

I'M SURE IT WASN'T FOUL

SO GO AHEAD AND TAKE A BOW. :rofl3:

It wasn't foul, but it was a threat about any more pictures of my back side!

(It didn't do any good. :rofl3: )

Tell Lance I love the owl pics!

Please don't encourage him! :wacko:

Great update!

Awesome pictures of the owls! I have never seen owls at the fort before.

Our family LOVES the bike path between the fort and the lodge. On days that we are just hanging around the fort, we'll do that ride at least 2-3 times a day. Its one of my most favorite places on Disney property. it is always so quiet and peaceful. You can hear the train whistle from the Magic Kingdom and of course the horns from the boats. I always have that happy feeling when we are biking along on that path. Well, actually, I have that happy feeling whenever I am at the fort!!!

Sorry your still lagging from the race. Back when I was racing (the most I ever did was 5 milers, no marathons for me!!!) I never felt well for the rest of the day. I hated it, but it didnt stop me from running another one the next weekend!!!

Looking forward to more!

Heidi

Thanks Heidi. Bike riding at the Fort is definitely one of my FAVORITE things to do while there!!!!!

Whoo hoo!!! Liv is back! I love the deer and owl pictures. Any time your kids want to see deer, just head down my way. We always have deer in the back yard. Of course that's probably because we put feed out there for them year-round. We love watching them.

Is this an invitation to come over? :dance:

Yay - glad for an update! From someone who does not get to see wildlife at home, other than one lazy dog, 3 hamsters and a bunch of fish, I'm very happy to see your deer and owl pictures! Sorry you were feeling puny - hope you were able to recover and enjoy the rest of the trip!

While we see plenty of wild life, the pets are at Papa & Grammy's. My kids would much prefer a pet!

When we got back to the camper from our quick trip to WL, my precious Gretchen had gone through some paper work and was happy to inform us that MK was having EMH that night! Seriously, I wanted to fall over and cry. I was so tired. But I did what any decent parent would do. I went.

On our way to the boat.

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00752.jpg

A sweet site.

DSC00754.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

The flag was driving me crazy.

DSC00757.jpg

I had to fix it.

DSC00758.jpg

Much better.

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

Wishes was going on on our ride over.

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

We even got to see some of the EWP.

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

Having handled Great Horned Owls in a Wildlife Sanctuary, I know exactly what they are doing ... they are preening each others's feathers. We had a permanent one (he was blind) that we used for educational talks at schools, etc. He loved for me to preen around his ears!

Loved the update! The pictures of the deer and owls are beautiful, These two are my favorite. It looks like they are talking to each other. Hmmm wonder what they are saying?

I told you we should have stayed in the 500 loop where being loud and obnoxious is acceptable. Now where is my red solo cup?