Lots of Firsts and Better Late Than Never

I was literally saying "Dear Lord, what have I gotten myself in to?" when Lance took this.

DSC00298.jpg

Goody bag pick up.

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

Love all these. Your face is priceless. And, I'm a sucker for fun race shirts. Those are great.

Now that I've done a half, I want to do a full...before I'm 40 which is just around the river bend. ;) Unfortunately as soon as we got home I hurt my knee while running and I've been ordered total rest for several weeks. :-[

Hate that you're injured, but you'll heal. You can totally do a whole. You know how to train and definitely have the commitment and strength (physical, mental and spiritual) to do a full marathon. Let yourself get better, take your time, and then go for it! (Birmingham now has two great marathons, but I'm sure there may be a few in your neighborhood too. :D )

Can't wait to hear about race night!

ETA - "you'll heal" is not meant to sound sarcastic at all. I just went back and re-read and wanted to make sure that you know the spirit that that was said - I really do hate that your injured but I'm sure you'll bounce back after your forced rest time. You should go for the full!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that it does look like a mickey head that was stepped on an peed itself.

Cool! I didn't know walking them was allowed! Maybe I will "walk/run" a marathon one day afterall. ;D

:bravo: Now I have to do it twice - once in Jan and once in Feb.

Love the updates! I think that Bible reading and prayer was a terrific way to start your day and prepare for your big race. My prayer life and running are simultaneous now....

"GABE STOP!!!! GABE... COME BACK HERE!!!! OH LORD HELP ME!!!" :rofl2: I am joking but I am NOT kidding! :rofl2:

From now on when I hear Beauty and the Beast I will picture Belle and your hair. LOL!

:popcorn: looking forward to more reporting...

This TR is wonderful, so much detail,. I feel as though I am there with you!!! Lance did a great job taking all the photos.

Love them all!!!

Congrats on the marathon, it always amazes me that people do this. The only way I would run that far is if ..... Who am I kidding I would never run that far for any reason! :rofl3:

Just because you can't run doesn't mean you can't walk a "run". There is no way I can really run -short jogs maybe - but no running. I've walked a bunch of 5Ks - which are NOT that far. In January and February, I will be walking a 1/2 Marathon at Disney ...

Just because you can't run doesn't mean you can't walk a "run". There is no way I can really run -short jogs maybe - but no running. I've walked a bunch of 5Ks - which are NOT that far. In January and February, I will be walking a 1/2 Marathon at Disney ...

Cool! I didn't know walking them was allowed! Maybe I will "walk/run" a marathon one day afterall. ;D

Love all these. Your face is priceless. And, I'm a sucker for fun race shirts. Those are great.

Hate that you're injured, but you'll heal. You can totally do a whole. You know how to train and definitely have the commitment and strength (physical, mental and spiritual) to do a full marathon. Let yourself get better, take your time, and then go for it! (Birmingham now has two great marathons, but I'm sure there may be a few in your neighborhood too. )

Can't wait to hear about race night!

ETA - "you'll heal" is not meant to sound sarcastic at all. I just went back and re-read and wanted to make sure that you know the spirit that that was said - I really do hate that your injured but I'm sure you'll bounce back after your forced rest time. You should go for the full!

I didn't take it as you being sarcastic at all. I knew exactly what you meant. Yes, I will heal...eventually! PT continues to say no running for another week! Never realized how much I enjoyed running until I was told not to. ^_^

Love the updates! I think that Bible reading and prayer was a terrific way to start your day and prepare for your big race. My prayer life and running are simultaneous now....

"GABE STOP!!!! GABE... COME BACK HERE!!!! OH LORD HELP ME!!!" :rofl2: I am joking but I am NOT kidding!

From now on when I hear Beauty and the Beast I will picture Belle and your hair. LOL!

looking forward to more reporting...

I know exactly what you mean, Kim! When my kids were little and I tried to get up early to spend time in the Word and prayer, one (usually Gage) would be up within mere seconds after me! :wacko: So yeah my prayer life consisted of many, "Lord, don't let me kill this youngin'!" Now that they are older and don't want to get up, I have a lot of quiet time in the morning, however, there are still many of the aforementioned prayers offered up! :rofl2: As far as when I was running, "Lord let me finish this!" was muttered A LOT!!!!!!

Great updates Liv!!

I think Christy told you this, but we also followed the Galloway method to do our first 1/2. And we are serious about doing another next year. So as soon as you can start training again, let's plan one! Although, I am thinking of another half...not a full. That would scare the crap out of me.

How could I forget,Dave! We're doing that half marathon with you! Did you forget? :rofl2:

Yup, that would be me! I couldn't figure out how you did that! ???

I don't remember you being one who asked, Holly, but by the end of the week, Lance and Gage were bragging to those who would ask about what was under the hood of our Honda. :rofl3:

Yep!! Better late than never is a good title.... I'm here! Better late than never and lovin' your report! ;)

Awe, I like it very much when you're around LL!

This TR is wonderful, so much detail,. I feel as though I am there with you!!! Lance did a great job taking all the photos.

Love them all!!!

Congrats on the marathon, it always amazes me that people do this. The only way I would run that far is if ..... Who am I kidding I would never run that far for any reason! :rofl3:

HALF marathon sister! HALF!!!!! Honestly, if you had told me a year ago I would be running somewhere besides getting my kids out of a burning building, I would have laughed too! AND I don't run; I shuffle (that's what Lance says I do), walk, shuffle. I'm a big fan of Jeff Galloway!!

You are just the cutest family!

I'm so impressed you did the race. I'm definitely in the "couldn't run if I tried" camp. Blisters or not, I think it's fantastic you did it.

Thanks Kate! Trust me...if I could do it, ANYONE can!

:techno: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what you told me about the F&W. Then I signed up and trained and your sorry tail was nowhere to be seen! ;D

Well, I hope that you told them all yes!

Lance did a great job with all of the photos. I see that he got the Shoe Tree, River Country, and Discovery Island!

Nicely done!

TCD

He took those pics 'cause I told him to! You know the "if Mama ain't happy" saying. :rofl3: Now for the other 2100 pics he took, <_<. Many times the kids and I just walked off and left him. The worst was when we were in RFC. I swear he took 6 pics of EVERY fish in that place. I don't drink or smoke but I gave it serious consideration that day!!

Yes mam, you can walk/run or all walk if you keep a 16 minute mile pace. Most races have time restirctions and I believe that's Disney's. I saw lots of walkers only. My favorite ratio is a 3 minute run with 1 minute walk. :heartsmiley:

I still want a group of FF to do a race at Disney together! (hint-hint)

:suspense: I am still here and you are going a great job. I love to walk but just have a hard time running.

Thanks for being patient. The past 2 days have been FILLED with appointments and I'm 'bout to go gorge myself on birthday cake, but I'll be back!

:techno: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what you told me about the F&W. Then I signed up and trained and your sorry tail was nowhere to be seen! ;D

My sorry tail is registered for TWO 1/2 Marathons - the Donald Jan 7 and the Princess Feb 26 ... any other Fiends are free to join me. The Donald I'm running as a fund raiser for Avon Walk for Breast Cancer through Team AllEars; The Princess I'm running as the Fort Fiend Fairy ...

HALF marathon sister! HALF!!!!!

:techno: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what you told me about the F&W.

I swear he took 6 pics of EVERY fish in that place. I don't drink or smoke but I gave it serious consideration that day!!

I never noticed it before Liv, but you have the potential of rising to the rank of "Snarky Master".

There are only a few that have achieved that ranking.

I knew there was something special about you.

I didn't take it as you being sarcastic at all. I knew exactly what you meant. Yes, I will heal...eventually! PT continues to say no running for another week! Never realized how much I enjoyed running until I was told not to. ^_^

Yes, a Disney FF race would be awesome! :jumpforjoy

My sorry tail is registered for TWO 1/2 Marathons - the Donald Jan 7 and the Princess Feb 26 ... any other Fiends are free to join me. The Donald I'm running as a fund raiser for Avon Walk for Breast Cancer through Team AllEars; The Princess I'm running as the Fort Fiend Fairy ...

I don't care if you're registered for 200 half marathons. I thought you were doing the F&W with me. I felt jilted. :rofl3:

Seriously, good luck on the races. Please take more pictures than I did.

I never noticed it before Liv, but you have the potential of rising to the rank of "Snarky Master".

There are only a few that have achieved that ranking.

I knew there was something special about you.

You are badly mistaken. I am not snarky. I am an angel. :rofl2:

Yes, a Disney FF race would be awesome! :jumpforjoy

Which one you wanna do?

I'll race ya'll to Trails End. :rofl2:

I'll beat you! :rofl2:

Forget what? ::)

Hey, don't forget. I'm old. I forget everything.

Don't forget as of yesterday, I'm old-er!

Have y'all thought about which one y'all might do?

DSC00442.jpg

After we got back to camp, I ate and a sandwich and rested for a couple of hours and I don't have a clue what my family did. :laugh:

When I got up, I had a little spaghetti with intentions of eating a little more later. I did some "warming up" even though it was still a couple of hours before the race would start. I also did some stretching and while doing this, I got a phone call. Not just any phone call...it was Lou and he and Gail were at the Fort. They were coming to see us! :dance: I was so excited.

We didn't have long to chat because the race was approaching and I was much more anxious about the transportation there than the actual run.

Here are a few pics we snapped during their wonderful visit.

Ain't he cute? I mean just look at him!!!

DSC00443.jpg

Doctoring them da-blasted blisters!

DSC00444.jpg

The song "Isn't She Lovely" is going off in my head right now.

DSC00445.jpg

One thing I remember from our conversation was a reference I made about blondes being dumb. :faceplant2: I am such an idiot. OBVIOUSLY I was referring to myself, but there was another blonde in the crowd. Stupid, stupid, stupid me! I hope Gail dos NOT hold that against me!

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

Gage wanted in the picture too.

DSC00448.jpg

Saying goodbye. :(

DSC00449.jpg

Sure wish we could have spent more time together. Hopefully there will be a "next time."

By the time they left, I was in full-blown panic mode. We decided it would be easier for Lance to drop me off at WWOS and drive over to EPCOT and wait for me.

Here I am nervous as nervous can be. I didn't have a logo to represent the fiends, but I was sporting the purple.

DSC00450.jpg