Lots of Firsts and Better Late Than Never

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that it does look like a mickey head that was stepped on an peed itself.

Cool! I didn't know walking them was allowed! Maybe I will "walk/run" a marathon one day afterall. ;D

:bravo: Now I have to do it twice - once in Jan and once in Feb.

I love the Lou and Gail visit photos... and yes, "isn't she lovely?" was a perfect tune to have in your head. :)

Of course you were lovely in your purple runnin' shorts too. :heart:

I've been singing that song in my head ever since I posted this!

Lovely? Me and no makeup? Have you been to the eye doctor lately? :rofl2:

Ok, I'm finally caught up! What a wonderful report. Your family is simply precious! "the beast" reference made me giggle, I have some serious bed head issues myself .. lol I have to tell you though, you look simply dashing, even in the morning! Thanks for sharing! :heart:

You MUST post a pic of your "beast!" I insist! Dashing? I'll ask you the same question I asked KFK. Have you been to the eye doctor lately? :bugeyes: Did I see a TR you've started? Oh I have so much reading to catch up on myself. As you know, a woman's work is never done. :rofl3:

I can answer that, NO!

Well fine then. You aren't cute. You are a handsome hunk of hubba hubba!

Watch out Lou - you've been called cute and handsome. What's next?

See the above reply. ;)

Sweet. :heart:

I agree. :heart:

Wonderful report!!! Can't wait to read more. Now that I'm home myself,have time to read lots!!

Welcome home, Carol. Do you have enough time to finish this TR for me? :rofl2:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my eyes say....

Yes. You and no makeup. Lovely. Beautiful. :heart:

I agree Kim!! I wish I looked that cute, at what she calls her "worst." ::)

Still following along Liv, but no pressure. :popcorn:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my eyes say....

Yes. You and no makeup. Lovely. Beautiful. :heart:

Good grief, y'all are making me blush!

S70, when I read your TR I decided I liked the size of your pics. So, I tried to change the size of mine...which has been an ordeal. I'm sure it's a simple fix, just not for me! :laugh: You did your TR at lightening speed! I guess I'm trying to keep the same speed as KFK's TR. :raspberry:

Oh Stop! You're a cutie patootie too! ;D

Good grief, y'all are making me blush!

S70, when I read your TR I decided I liked the size of your pics. So, I tried to change the size of mine...which has been an ordeal. I'm sure it's a simple fix, just not for me! :laugh: You did your TR at lightening speed! I guess I'm trying to keep the same speed as KFK's TR. :raspberry:

Hey that's the second hit I've taken over my TR today! I don't have to take that!

But since I :heart: you so much I will take it. Just kidding. I mean just kidding about the not having to take it not about :heart: ing you. ;D

Go ahead and take your time. I won't judge you. :rofl2:

Liv, I finally got to read your TR this morning, of course now I'm gonna be late for work! Love it! Ed was supposed to do the F & W, but I talked him out of it. I worry too much, I know. I just don't want him to push too hard and overdo, we have spent too much time at the hospital with him and it was so hot prior to the race. I am already worried about the one in January, that's the curse I got from my Mama...Worry Wart! I'm sorry!

I would love to meet you and your gorgeous family one day!

S70, when I read your TR I decided I liked the size of your pics. So, I tried to change the size of mine...which has been an ordeal. I'm sure it's a simple fix, just not for me! :raspberry:

Just like a teenage guy, always trying to change your size. Trust me, it doesn't work. :rofl2:

So Lou and Gail left and I quickly got dressed. We decided Lance would just drop me off at WWOS and drive over to EPCOT to wait on me. We were kind of proud of ourselves for what seemed like a "no brainer" plan. Once we got out of the Fort, traffic was somewhat congested. It was making me nervous, but I was not completely panicked....yet. As soon as we entered WWOW property I realize I left my Garmin watch in the camper. Then I was panicked! This is our conversation:

Me, hysterically screaming- Oh my gosh, honey, I left my watch in the camper!

Lance, calm as a cucumber- Do you have to have it?

Me, hysterically screaming- What kind of question is that? Of course I need it! I can't run without it!

Lance, a little irritated by my drama- Really? You can't run withOUT it?

Me, hysterically screaming and VERY offended by his question- I AM A RUN/WALK/RUNNER. I HAVE TO HAVE MY WATCH TO SEE THE TIME TO KNOW WHEN I NEED TO WALK OR RUN!

Lance, growing more impatient with me by the minute- Honey, you've been training for 18 weeks. You know your body. Listen to it.

Me, hysterically screaming and not appreciating his lack of sensitivity- Honey, this would be like you going on the hunting trip of a life time and realizing you left your ammo at home once you got there.

Gage, trying to lighten the mood- Now Mom, we all know Dad would NEVER forget his ammo on a hunt.

Me, hysterically screaming and unsure of what Gage is insinuating- What do you mean?

Gage, terrified at me- Nothing Mom. Dad, can we drop Mom off and go get her watch?

Me, almost in tears- We don't have time. I'm just not gonna run.

Lance, in a state of unbelief this is all happening- Honey, you are going to run this race. Don't be ridiculous.

Me, also in a state of unbelief this is all happening- Is there any way you can go get my watch and bring it back to me?

(Now, we had not moved 10 feet in 20 minutes. Traffic is at a stand still!)

Lance, trying to be kind- Honey, I'll try, but I just don't know if it can happen. Look at this traffic.

Me, exhausted from my fit- But you have to at least try.

He could not drop me off in the middle of the road. Security was not letting people turn around there. We had to wait till we got to the actual drop off.

So it was finally silent in the van.

Eventually we got to the drop off point and I understood why transportation started 3 hours before the race.

I sat on the curb, waiting on my family, while talking to some dude from Jamaica. He was a super nice guy and actually offered to try to get his watch out of the bag he had already checked. I knew they would not let him so I told him not to even bother. He encouraged me to just do the best I could and not worry about my time. He was definitely a real runner and something tells me he ran that race in way less than 2 hours!

I took Lance's phone because it is old and mine is new. I didn't want mine getting all sweaty. :rofl2: So his phone rings and it is him. He tells me they already have the roads blocked and he can't get over to me. Devastated, I head over to porta-potties to....well, what you do in a porta-potty. The line to relieve yourself was indescribable! :rofl3: There was no complaining or grumbling. Everybody was nice and offering advice for us first timers.

I felt horrible for the fit I had just thrown, the bad example I had been to my kids, and the attitude I had had towards my husband who was just an innocent bystander. I called him back to apologize and he told me he was still gonna try to get to me. I told him not to worry about it. I had to check in to my corral in 20 minutes and we knew there was no way he could get to me during that. Besides, I would be in line for the porta-potty for that long! We said our good-byes and I decided I would just do the best I could.

I got in my corral and met several nice people and saw people in outfits that I'm not sure how they were able to run. ??? Soon, the announcers were announcing the race was going to begin in 5 minutes and everyone's nerves really kick in. Well, my Lance's phone rings. Here is that conversation:

Lance, so proud of himself- Honey this jerk of a security guard actually let me through! (The guy let him through, but he was not nice about it.)

Me, proud that he went through the trouble for me- Awe, honey I appreciate it, but the gun is going off in less than 5 minutes and there is NO way I can get out of my corral. There's 10 billion people here. We'll never find each other.

Lance, very determined- Where are you exactly?

Me, very emotional- I don't even know where I am. I think I'm in corral D.

Lance, still determined to find me- Well I see a sign with D on it.

Me, surprised and somewhat hopeful- Well I should be somewhere in there.

(Then I look and see him across the fence!)

Me, screaming and excitedly jumping up and down- Honey I see you. You are in front of me. Stop right there and let me get through all these people so you can see me.

Me, still screaming and excitedly jumping up and down- See me now?

I can hear the kids screaming, "We see her Dad!"

It could have been a scene from a movie. Seriously!

Gretchen hopped out of the van and and threw the watch over the fence and kissed me through the fence. (She asked to be the one to give me the watch.) She was crying. I was crying. The boys were not crying. She told me I was gonna do great and they'd see me at EPCOT in a few hours.

They drove off.

I put on my watch and the guns goes off! No kidding. That's exactly how it happened.

Now they stagger the start time and I'm in a later corral so I don't start as soon as the gun goes off.

While I'm standing there waiting to run, my stomach starts growling and I realize I never ate again like I had planned. I asked about when a snack would be provided and was informed at mile 8! Ugh! I would have to run 8 miles before I could eat something. Well when I got to mile 8 the "snack " was a gel which was something I had never taken before. Every thing I had read during training said DON'T TRY ANYTHING NEW ON RACE DAY! I passed on the gel and made it through on Powerade and water.

The race itself was crowded. Very crowded. Imagine MK on Christmas day. I kept thinking the crowd would eventually thin out and there would be some breathing room. It never did. For 13.1 miles there was someone within 3 feet of me at all times. It was unnerving for me. By the end of the race, I was just glad it was over. I was not overcome with emotion. (Probably because I had already let out all my emotions earlier. :)) ) I was exhausted and probably dehydrated.

I got a Sprite, found my family, and we went back home to the Fort. I never did drink my Sprite or anything else. I took one bite of a banana, but I was so nauseated. I just wanted to go to bed. I was also freezing and could not stop shivering. I mean it was more like convulsing. Lance said I looked like I did when I had my hysterectomy 2 years ago and nearly died. (Gee, thanks) When we got back to the camper, the kids went to bed, Lance walked with me to the CS and waited on me to take a hot shower. I knew I needed to soak my legs in cold water first, but I did not. I knew I needed to stretch, but I did not. I just went to bed and prayed I would not throw up and not die of a blood clot in the night.

It was fun, don't get me wrong. All of the negatives were definitely my own doings. Lord willing, I will do another race, but I will do things differently.

Here I am after the race.DSC00452.jpg

Wow!

That's quite a story about your race day ordeal.

When I look at your "after" photo, I would never have guessed that you went through all of that drama before the race.

Congratulations on setting a goal and accomplishing it.

That is really great.

And, I salute you honesty in telling the story about your watch. This sounds like the kind of thing that your family will always look back on and laugh, although I'm sure it was not funny at the time.

TCD

Oh for cryin out loud...we're ALL cute! :rofl3:

Oh it's hard to be humble! :))

Just like a teenage guy, always trying to change your size. Trust me, it doesn't work. :rofl2:

Teenage? You never outgrow it!

So Lou and Gail left and I quickly got dressed.

??? You didn't have clothes on when Lou & Gail visited?

I love your panic story! I could hear "Chariots of Fire" playing in my head as you ran to Gretchen to get your watch.

All kidding aside, good for you for actually doing the race. You should really be proud of yourself, and so what if there were "hiccups"

Now you will know what to do and not do for the next one.

Liv, I've never wanted to hug someone so bad in my life, bless your sweet heart! And the families to!

Thanks, Judy, we probably could have all used a hug after that ordeal! :))

All that matters at the end of the day, YOU DID IT!! :partythree:

That's exactly how I felt...a week later! :laugh:

I never did regain my "normal" self while we were at the Fort. I was nauseated and tired most of the time...except the day at MK when I had way too much sugar! ;) That's coming later.

After I finally got in bed, you would've thought I would have gone straight to sleep. I didn't. I lay in bed for hours, freezing to death and worrying I was gonna die of a blood clot. I did finally get a little sleep, but I was up and at 'em by 7:00. :banghead: So, out under the awning I went with my Bible. I spent some time with the Lord, rode by bike around in my jammies and called my Momma. By the time my family got up, I was ready to go back to bed and sleep all day.

DSC00453.jpg

I don't remember what had Gretchen in such a whiney mood.

DSC00454.jpg

Of course the beast was still alive and well and my family was much too happy to capture the moment. I know I should be ashamed to tell this, but I'm not. I did not wash my hair after the race. I was too tired.

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

Lance was still resting. I was replying to some stuff on FB.

DSC00458.jpg

I did get up and start some breakfast.

DSC00460.jpg

Meeting with the KING of GLORY underneath an RV awning, well that is .... WONDERFUL.

What access HE has given to the redeemed. Gotta love HIM. :)

Liv - Download Irfanview and install it. It makes resizing pics super easy. It's free also. I've used it for years.

Really enjoying the TR also. Looks like much fun was had by all.

I'll have one of the kids look into Irfanview. They know more about computer stuff than I do. :))

Oh Stop! You're a cutie patootie too!

Hey that's the second hit I've taken over my TR today! I don't have to take that!

But since I :heart: you so much I will take it. Just kidding. I mean just kidding about the not having to take it not about :heart: ing you.

Go ahead and take your time. I won't judge you.

The Bible says we're all made in the image of God, so I agree we're all cutie patooties. We'll leave it at that.

Yeah, you can't judge me on taking my time! ;)

Now that I got the race out of the way, the rest should be a breeze. It seems all we did was eat from that point on. :laugh:

Liv, I finally got to read your TR this morning, of course now I'm gonna be late for work! Love it! Ed was supposed to do the F & W, but I talked him out of it. I worry too much, I know. I just don't want him to push too hard and overdo, we have spent too much time at the hospital with him and it was so hot prior to the race. I am already worried about the one in January, that's the curse I got from my Mama...Worry Wart! I'm sorry!

I would love to meet you and your gorgeous family one day!

Trust me, Rita. I'm worried about Ed too! :rofl2: Just kidding. I do know what you mean though. I tend to be a worry wart too. :( It is something I'm working on, but I've got a long way to go!

I'm confident we will meet each other one day! :dance:

Oh for cryin out loud...we're ALL cute!

Some of us have a hard time taking a compliment. Others, obviously do not. :laugh:

Just like a teenage guy, always trying to change your size. Trust me, it doesn't work.

I'm choosing to remain silent on this. ;)

How come every time I reply to a post with a KFK quote. I get this message:

You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

I thought Auntie was the queen of emoticons. Apparently not. ;)

Love you KFK! :raspberry:

Wow!

That's quite a story about your race day ordeal.

When I look at your "after" photo, I would never have guessed that you went through all of that drama before the race.

Congratulations on setting a goal and accomplishing it.

That is really great.

And, I salute you honesty in telling the story about your watch. This sounds like the kind of thing that your family will always look back on and laugh, although I'm sure it was not funny at the time.

TCD

My after picture looks like "Hurry up and take the picture so we can get the crap out of here. I'm exhausted"

Yeah, we've retold that story several times and we do all laugh about NOW.

I didn't even share the story of what happened to Lance and the kids AFTER they gave the watch to me. He got turned around trying to get to EPCOT and somehow kept ending back up at the Fort. Apparently they were on a first name basis with the lady working the guard shack. :laugh: They got to EPCOT mere minutes before I got there. They drove it. I ran it. :rofl2: Don't let that get out. It might embarrass Lance.

??? You didn't have clothes on when Lou & Gail visited?

I love your panic story! I could hear "Chariots of Fire" playing in my head as you ran to Gretchen to get your watch.

All kidding aside, good for you for actually doing the race. You should really be proud of yourself, and so what if there were "hiccups"

Now you will know what to do and not do for the next one.

:rofl2: I'm so jealous of the quick wit on this board.

I think I heard Chariots of Fire while it was happening!

Well I tried to get you to run with me, but you had some excuse about your short legs. You could have experience the hiccups with me. It probably would have been even funnier!

So the kids wanted pancakes with their eggs and bacon. I wanted toast and honey, so I made both. I LOVE alfalfa honey. I get it at the same place that Lance's fried pie came from at the beginning of this TR. I had not had any honey in a couple of days so I was looking forward to it!

DSC00464.jpg

A girl and her honey...

DSC00465.jpg

The kids wanted to go to a water park. That was fine with me. I wouldn't have to do a lot of walking. My plan was to find some shade and sleep.

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

Gretchen was pouty because she was the only one without water shoes.

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

The kids thought Lance's set up on the bike was funny.

DSC00473.jpg

Waiting on the bus...

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

On the bus...

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

Blizzard Beach

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

:bravo: Now I have to do it twice - once in Jan and once in Feb.

Good luck, Ed! I've already told you I'm aiming for the full in Jan. 2013. Just too much going on in my life right now and my knee is in a bad way to be training for another race. I do wish I was gonna be beside you though. After doing the F&W alone, I've decided I won't do another one alone. Mentally, I need someone to laugh with!