A Fort Halloween That Really Packed A Punch!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post your site when you make it back Heidi - any Fiends around will try to meet up with you!

Sounds like a fun evening and the trip has just begun. Note to self...plan any future trips to the Fort based on if Stef will be there with her punch.

Come on over Yvonne, as the rest of the fiends will tell you, if I have it, I am more than willing to share! That's what the fiends are all about. :heart:

Ok....Ive been real patient........when does teh Munchkin wrasslin start.

Oh there was a lot of munchkin wrasslin, but most of it was in the privacy of my rv! ;)

I'm enjoying reading all your exploits adventures. Can't wait to read more!

Oh Mom, it was a wild time. While I know you wouldn't have joined us, you would have had a great laugh watching us make fools of ourselves. Wish you could have made it, but maybe you can join us next year.

Trevor is da man with the punch. Steph hurry up and get to the buffalo chicken sandwiches. Those were the bomb.

Stop rushing me, I'm getting there!

Donnie, you ate? I only remember me drinking, hmmmm maybe a little food would have been a good idea

Have you seen Donnie? OF COURSE he ate! :))

You left out the part where the 'dirty dancing' required music; the music required the :popo: :popo: :siren: ... but all they did was ask us to turn off the music. That did NOT turn off the dancing, however :rofl2: and that's all I will say about that!

Thank you Ed, for leaving out the gory details. I "forgot" that was the night the po po came. It's ok, we didn't need no stinkin music!

Those look good! I'd probably love them. Heck, soft and buttery is my middle name!

Hmmm, I'm sensing a pattern here. When Donnie took my girls out for a GC ride at Stone Mtn, his wheels flew off. Maybe he's a secret agent for Voldemort, and he's trying to kill us all! :cupcake:

:rofl2:

I'm starting to wonder about Donnie myself, for MANY different reasons!

Ok, this TR is off to a great start but I now have some very odd images swirling around in my head. :rofl2:

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! ;D

If you think the images are odd, you should have been there in person! :bugeyes:

Can this group ever get together without the POPO showing up?

You know Todd, I really don't think so. The sad thing is we complain about others who do stuff and here we are breaking tree limbs and waking people up with loud music. Blame Lorna for that.

Ok, this TR is off to a great start but I now have some very odd images swirling around in my head. :rofl2:

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! ;D

Thanks for joining me KFK. The images in your head are probably much prettier than the real thing!

Working on the next update now.

Can this group ever get together without the POPO showing up?

Lorna had the music too loud, and Donnie broke the tree limbs, I was just an innocent bystander!!smiley_loveshy.gif

From what I seen and heard you were not an innocent bystander you just didn’t get caught :rofl3:

I believe that is one and the same..... :clint:

I suggest the Fiend definition of innocent IS NOT being caught! :jumpforjoy

Friday 10/28

I woke up around 7:00, afraid of what my head was going to feel like. I felt fine! The one thing we all noticed about the punch was not once did anyone feel sick while drinking it or woke up with a hangover.

I was looking forward to some substantial food as the last two days our diet was less than perfect. I decided dinner in the crock pot was a good idea.

We hopped on the cart to check on all the fiends who had been drinking punch the night before. Everyone was alive and well. By today, the 500 loop was becoming fiend central. TJ & Missy and Carol had arrived and were setting up across the road. Jen & Chris were arriving that night and would be put between Lorna & our site. It seemed as if there was at least one fiend in every loop. Snarky was running amok!

I walked over and introduced myself to Carol, as I hadn't met her before. While I was watching TJ set up, we got a couple of visitors.

Karla & Aiden

HalloweenFort2011062.jpg

Runner

HalloweenFort2011063.jpg

This is when Old Koot got out of the cart to meet me. :heart: She is tiny and mouthy, which kind of reminds me of someone else I know......

We took Mason around the loop and took some pictures of the fiend invasion

Ed & Ritas site.

HalloweenFort2011064.jpg

Mason hated that big spider!! He growled at it every time we walked by, and would look back 10 times to make sure it wasn't creeping up on him.

Coming around the corner on the right you can see Lornas sign, the empty site Jen would be in, then my site.

HalloweenFort2011066.jpg

On the left, you can see Carols sign & truck and the top of Jokers decorations

HalloweenFort2011067.jpg

These decorations also freaked Mason out and he would growl at the carriage blow up. After this trip, we now know Mason is not fond of Halloween!

HalloweenFort2011065.jpg

While everyone was setting up, we went looping.

Found Monique's site, but no one was home

HalloweenFort2011028.jpg

Steve's site (Which we went by 20 times, and no one was ever there)

HalloweenFort2011034.jpg

We found Pam's site, and they were home. Got to meet Pam, Hubby and Starla. Rita, Ed, Joanne and Momma were there as well.

HalloweenFort2011068.jpg

If you read my Labor Day report, you'll know Donnie took Trevor & I to Epcot to see The Hat Lady, but they were refurbishing her area. This trip Donnie asked a friend to get her schedule so we could see her. His friend said there was a sign in the window that said she was on vacation or something, so we accepted the fact that we'd miss her again. Donnie still wanted a Guiness beer from Rose & Crown so off to Epcot we went. Trevor didn't feel like going so he stayed at camp with Mason.

I wish I had pictures, but I went bare minimum because it was raining.

First stop, Mexico for my margarita. I got the fiesta one this time which is a combo of the strawberry, lime and mango. Good stuff!! Next up, Rose & Crown. As we walked in the door, we hear music...it's The Hat Lady!!! :jumpforjoy We weaseled our way up to her and watched her play. We also had a chance to chat with her and get her schedule, as she was just finishing up her day. While I was no longer a "Hat Lady virgin" I knew another fiend that was and would be arriving that night so I texted him her schedule in case he wanted to catch her.

FYI: there is more than one Hat Lady. We actually saw a few minutes of the next shift one, but she is not as good. She sings too quiet so you can't hardly hear her over the piano. If you go, make sure you see the blond Hat Lady.

After a couple of drinks, we decided to take the monorail back. After 25 minutes, we left the station. Joe Biden was at the Contemporary so they had transportation all screwed up. We finally arrive at MK to catch the boat, which was also slower than normal, because of Biden. Trevor picked us up at the marina and we headed back to camp to eat. Nothing fancy, just buffalo chicken sandwiches on ciabatta rolls. Donnie had one later that night and loved them, but really is there any food Donnie doesn't like? :hah:

After dinner, we went to see TCD & the twins, and then to Bob's. There were quite a few of us gathered there. We then went to visit Feisty and met her DH, who had just flown in.

After another night of fiends and cocktails, we went back to 550 for bed. Jen & Chris got in sometime that night, but I didn't get to see them.

The days were going by too fast, there never seemed enough time to visit with everyone.

Next up Saturday....and my first injury of the weekend.

Hey Stef!

You are doing great (as usual)!

The TCD twins and I sure had a great time with you and Trevor over the weekend.

I was surprised when you were telling us about the punch, and one of the twins asked if you were talking about Hunch Punch. I had never heard of it before, but apparently she has! I'm going to have to keep an eye on that one.

Also, I didn't know the Red Solo Cup Song was the theme song for the weekend, but I enjoyed it when Trevor sang a few lines.

We only made it over to Epcot once on this trip, and I forgot to check on the hat lady. Next time for sure.

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest.

TCD

Great report so far!

-Your decorations look great!

-That punch looks awesome, and from the pictures looks harmless. Pictures are deceiving :)

-I've never tried Wetzel's Pretzels. I will put that on our list next time we are at DTD.

Can't wait to read more!

Tom! I'm so happy to have you back. It's too bad you couldn't have been with us, as you could have tasted the punch.

You must try Wetzel's, and when they ask if you want butter, YES! They are such a great snack when cruising around DTD.

Hey Stef!

You are doing great (as usual)!

The TCD twins and I sure had a great time with you and Trevor over the weekend.

I was surprised when you were telling us about the punch, and one of the twins asked if you were talking about Hunch Punch. I had never heard of it before, but apparently she has! I'm going to have to keep an eye on that one.

Also, I didn't know the Red Solo Cup Song was the theme song for the weekend, but I enjoyed it when Trevor sang a few lines.

We only made it over to Epcot once on this trip, and I forgot to check on the hat lady. Next time for sure.

I'm looking forward to hearing the rest.

TCD

I haven't gotten to the part of how happy I was to hang with the TCD gang, but you know it's coming, and you know I'm going to ooh and aah over it! :heart:

Trevor and I both said that twin #1 will be the one you've gotta watch out for. She may have a tiny wild streak in her. I remember your July 4th report where she was giving you the 2 thumbs up while "someone" had set off the fireworks in the 1500 loop. :)) You did tell me that their personalities were very different.

I'm working on the next installment now. I was hoping you had started yours.

Tom! I'm so happy to have you back. It's too bad you couldn't have been with us, as you could have tasted the punch.

You must try Wetzel's, and when they ask if you want butter, YES! They are such a great snack when cruising around DTD.

I haven't gotten to the part of how happy I was to hang with the TCD gang, but you know it's coming, and you know I'm going to ooh and aah over it! :heart:

Trevor and I both said that twin #1 will be the one you've gotta watch out for. She may have a tiny wild streak in her. I remember your July 4th report where she was giving you the 2 thumbs up while "someone" had set off the fireworks in the 1500 loop. :)) You did tell me that their personalities were very different.

I'm working on the next installment now. I was hoping you had started yours.

OK- I will wait for the ooh-ing and aah-ing, and then I will give you some back.

Yep, twin #1 is the one who takes after TCD- she always has had a bit of a wild streak.

I want to get my report going too, but I keep getting interrupted. It's coming, though, don't you worry.

TCD

Saturday 10/29

I've been at the Fort for 4 days now! Where does the time go?

After getting up and about Saturday morning, I peeked out my window and spied on my new neighbors.

Jen, Ed, Chris & Argent were getting ready to set up the screen room. That's Gonzo on the far right also.

HalloweenFort2011069.jpg

I strolled over a couple of sites and found these shady characters.

HalloweenFort2011070.jpg

On my way back, I stopped by TJ's, and met his brother (NVWSSV) I had just recently found out that he has worked at Lowes for 6 years, so he was ok in my book.

He was better than ok, he brought me a gift!

HalloweenFort2011073.jpg

He explained that every year Jimmie won a championship, Lowes gives the employees something. He's not a Johnson fan so it was just collecting dust. It has some great pictures in it, and stories of each race leading up to the chase for Jimmie's first 4 championships. I was thrilled to death, and would have kissed him if his wife hadn't been standing right there. ;)

Thanks again Mike!!!

We hung around the Fort all morning, seeing fiends here and there, and just relaxing.

Bob came by and asked us if we wanted to go to Red Lobster and then to see Piano Bob at 8:30. I told him we would skip dinner, but may meet them to see Piano Bob...but it didn't happen.

Around 3:00, Donnie came to invite us to House of Blues with him and some other friends. It was early enough, so we decided to go. (You can probably see where this is going)

Here is Donnie waiting for our bus

HalloweenFort2011074.jpg

On our way over, I asked Trevor to take our picture. I forced Donnie to sit near me and act like he liked me. This turned out to be my favorite picture of the trip. Sorry it's kind of dark, for some reason the flash didn't pop up.

Donnie must have been feeling bloated and was concerned about his belly being in the picture.

Me, trying to be a good friend, was going to cover it with my arms, and just about grabbed his "naughty spot." He jumped and screamed, I wanted to wash my hands in bleach, and Trevor snapped the picture.

HalloweenFort2011075.jpg

Some of the best shots are the candid ones.

We arrived at House of Blues and the rest of the gang ordered some apps. I ordered a Long Island Ice Tea, then another, then another. This was going to be a long afternoon....

It was a great time with a whole other group.

HalloweenFort2011077.jpg

That's Dan on my left (VWDANO) who is a sweetheart. I enjoyed getting to know him. Later that evening I got to meet his beautiful wife Jen. Dan doesn't post much, but they are great people that I look forward to hanging out with again.

We all know that Disney busses are a great convenience, but not always the quickest form of transportation. By the time we got on the bus, and were making our way back to the Fort, I was doing the pee pee dance. My first thought was getting the cart and going to the outpost bathroom, because I knew I wouldn't make it back to our site. When the bus doors finally opened, even the outpost seemed miles away. What's a girl to do? Hop a fence and make a mad dash to the woods! That was my only option at that point, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I will offer you a bit of advice though. Saw toothed palmettos are not what you want to run through while frantically searching for the right spot. For those of you who don't know what a saw toothed palmetto is, here you go:

HalloweenFort2011117.jpg

Here's a close up and why they are called saw toothed:

HalloweenFort2011116.jpg

If you look at the stalks, you'll see razor sharp little teeth. They will tear you up, without you even being aware of it, until the damage is done. When I got back into the cart, my leg was bleeding. Lesson learned!

It didn't look so bad in the morning though.

HalloweenFort2011079.jpg

So I survived a golf cart crash, but got beat up by a plant!

So with Piano Bob out of the question, we settled in back at camp with what was left of 4 gallons of punch. Donnie and I went over to visit Angie at the cabins. It was so nice talking with her. I met Angie over Labor Day, but didn't really have a chance to get to know her. After we returned to 550, I went over to TJ's and met Devores and his wife who were visiting, and Trevor went in to watch some football. The rest of the evening turned into ladies night. Me, Jen, Carol, Kelly, and Angie all hung out and chatted.

While us girls were solving the worlds problems, TCD and twin #1 came by on the cart. A couple of weeks before this trip, I found something at our local department store that TCD needed to have at his campsite. I ran into the rv to get it, and gave it to him...without getting a picture. :banghead:

I blame the punch.

Have no fear, I went to his site on Halloween morning and made up for it.

HalloweenFort2011129.jpg

HalloweenFort2011119.jpg

He now has a gator gnome, from a camping gnome. LOL!

Time for a shower and bed, I still had two more full days, which included Halloween, and my punch bowl was dry!

Say it isn't so!

What's a girl to do? Hop a fence and make a mad dash to the woods! That was my only option at that point, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :faceplant2:

So I survived a golf cart crash, but got beat up by a plant! :panic: :yourekillinme:

While us girls were solving the worlds problems :techno: :beer:

Say it isn't so! :holysheep:

S70-

My comments on your last post, in no particular order:

1. I like how tall I look when I am standing next to you.

2. Thank you for the gnome. I really like it and it will be on every TCD camping trip in the future. I found the perfect place to store it in the camper, and it is now part of my official equipment.

3. I didn't know Devores was at the Fort for a visit.

4. I want to try the buffalo chicken sandwiches the next time you make them.

5. As the father of three daughters, and brother of four sisters, I know the pee pee dance very well. When you gotta go, you gotta go!

6. I am still lovin' your report.

TCD