A Fort Halloween That Really Packed A Punch!

But what about the kids?

Last year Amanda (DS's girlfriend) requested a Fort Halloween trip, as her and Nathen would both be 21 by then, so when the new year started I booked all my fort trips, Halloween included.

Flash forward through the year, Amanda graduates from college and gets hired at one of our elementary schools. Being a new job, she couldn't really ask for days off. No big deal, the kids would come down late Friday night and come back home on Sunday night. 2 days at the Fort is better than none. As the trip gets closer, Jordan (DS's best friend in the army) calls to tell us he has two weeks leave and will need to be picked up from the airport on Saturday. There was really no way they would be able to make it to the Fort at all.

So join me in an adults only trip to the Fort, my first one ever without my son!

We left on Wednesday the 26th around 11:00 am.

As soon as the rv was hooked up, Mason was loaded and ready as usual:

HalloweenFort2011001.jpg

Almost to the turnpike:

HalloweenFort2011003.jpg

After a short drive, we're almost there:

HalloweenFort2011004.jpg

HalloweenFort2011005.jpg

HalloweenFort2011006.jpg

HalloweenFort2011008.jpg

HalloweenFort2011009.jpg

By 12:30 we pulled in:

HalloweenFort2011010.jpg

HalloweenFort2011011.jpg

HalloweenFort2011012.jpg

They had three lanes open, and an rv ahead of us in each lane so we had a few minutes to wait:

HalloweenFort2011013.jpg

HalloweenFort2011014.jpg

When we got to the check in, the CM helping us said "You must have made your reservations online, so they're probably in the office"

Huh? I've made reservations online for the last 5 years, and they were always ready when we pulled up. Off he goes, to find my reservations:

HalloweenFort2011015.jpg

He did return shortly and told me that my site request had been honored. We were in 550, where we have been on our last couple of visits. I like being across the road from the dog park, along the main road to watch the comings & goings, it's nice and shady and we are basically in the middle between the pool area, and the settlement area.

HalloweenFort2011017.jpg

HalloweenFort2011018.jpg

Last month when we were in 550, the tree limbs were rubbing up against our screen room, so DH did some trimming and threw the trimmings in between the sites.

Yep, they're still there: ???

HalloweenFort2011016.jpg

After getting all set up, we started on the Halloween decorations:

HalloweenFort2011025.jpg

HalloweenFort2011023.jpg

HalloweenFort2011026.jpg

I had bought some glow in the dark window clings, but because our site has trees on either side, you wouldn't have seen them on the rv windows, so we stuck them on our cart:

HalloweenFort2011020.jpg

HalloweenFort2011021.jpg

It wasn't long before my Prince Aiden (see BBB...Karla's report if you don't know Aiden) showed up and brought me a gift! :heart: He told me that he didn't want me to get hit by a cart.

HalloweenFort2011031.jpg

Magicbus Lou, Runner Ed, Rita and Joanne also stopped by for a visit. Trevor and I ate a sandwich and went out looping. I'm going to do my usual "all Fort pics" in one post, as the days kind of just melded into one another.

I went and watched Survivor and went to sleep listening to the EWP, which is just another reason I love the Fort!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post your site when you make it back Heidi - any Fiends around will try to meet up with you!

:wave1:

Enjoying the TR!

Thanks Genia. Going to try to get this report in full swing (in between a ton of laundry and book work)

Stef why don’t you take exit 155 Osceola parkway it’s a lot faster than 192 and it will cut 30 min off your time and take you in the back way to the fort.

Very nice hope to see more

No idea Todd. We've tried many different ways and Trev seems to like this one. I'm just the passenger and as long as I get there, I'm happy! ;)

I need to make a disclaimer before I go any further:

I didn't take half the pictures that I normally take while I'm there, and sorry Dave, very little food pics. I wasn't planning on elaborate meals anyhow since it was just the two of us, and we're not fussy eaters. I did plan on a couple of meals that didn't happen, because I got drunk busy. But more on that later......

Thursday 10/27:

After relaxing with some coffee, we went out looping and looking for fiends. I knew Doodle would be showing up soon, and Donnie later in the day.

I found Bob fishing on the dock, and while chatting with him he caught a fish (that pooped all over everywhere when he brought it in :wacko: ) I also saw an otter!! Of course I didn't have my camera as Trevor and Mason were waiting on the cart up by the trading post. Everyday that I went back with my camera...no otters. But I will swear on everything holy, that they do exist!

Trevor and I decided to go over to Downtown Disney for a snack, and some people watching.

On the bus:

HalloweenFort2011043.jpg

HalloweenFort2011044.jpg

We finally arrived at DTD:

HalloweenFort2011045.jpg

HalloweenFort2011046.jpg

This blowup is probably 30 foot tall:

HalloweenFort2011047.jpg

This was the snack we were after:

HalloweenFort2011052.jpg

HalloweenFort2011055.jpg

I commented on how soft and buttery the pretzels were, so we enjoyed them while we took in the sights.

HalloweenFort2011048.jpg

HalloweenFort2011049.jpg

HalloweenFort2011053.jpg

HalloweenFort2011054.jpg

HalloweenFort2011059.jpg

HalloweenFort2011051.jpg

HalloweenFort2011050.jpg

HalloweenFort2011057.jpg

HalloweenFort2011058.jpg

HalloweenFort2011056.jpg

HalloweenFort2011060.jpg

After walking through some shops, we jumped on the bus and headed back to camp. I wasn't home for 30 minutes before getting a stomach ache. Remember the buttery pretzels? My stomach wasn't happy about it. Doodle and Mike came over for a visit, but I ended up running inside every 5 minutes every time a wave of nausea hit. I felt so bad leaving them sitting there, but I was in rough shape. Doodle said she could see it all over my face so they went back to their site so I could go lay down. Not exactly how I wanted to be spending my first full day! Trevor went to the trading post and bought me some $29.99 pepto bismal, just kidding, it was only $4.95. ;) I went to lay down and slept for about 30 minutes until Donnie called and woke me up. I felt about 90% normal after the pepto and nap.

(I later found out that Aiden and Paul both had a stomach bug, so maybe it wasn't the pretzels)

Trevor and I went to the front to pick up Donnie and Aniston, and took them to pick up his golf cart.

None of us had eaten dinner at that point so Donnie went and bought a GAG dinner for all of us. Yes, Donnie bought it, with his very own money! Miracles do happen at Disney! :fairydust:

I didn't partake in the GAG, as I wasn't sure fried chicken would be the best thing for my stomach, but I did snap a picture from my chair as proof.

HalloweenFort2011061.jpg

Instead I popped open a Corona. This was not my first choice as I had made a special drink to share with the fiends, but again, wasn't sure I was ready for that in my condition.

4 Coronas later I felt fine and decided to break out the good stuff. That really deserves it's own post though as it became a theme throughout the week, the cause of the rest of the nights events and will explain the title of this report...

S70-

You are off to a great start!

I have a "hunch" that I know what your title is all about! ;)

Your photos are great- I am going to have to take a look at that camera.

And I thought TCD was the master the TR tease and foreshadowing. :heart:

After hanging out with Stef and Trevor a bit this past weekend, maybe some TCD suspense skills rubbed off on S70!

TCD

And I thought TCD was the master the TR tease and foreshadowing. :heart:

Actually it really wasn't meant to be a tease, but I'm still trying to get caught up and I knew there needed to be a good explanation to the madness. But being even slightly compared to TCD is one of the most flattering thing anyone has ever said to me.

Did Dave make you serve that "Punch"? We know it's Dave's fault - we just have to figure out how he's connected.

Yes Ed, blaming Dave works for me!!! Well, except the fact that I believe Dave would have run for the hills had he witnessed what you did, between Fiesty & I. >:D

Ooh, punch. I like punch. :) Great start Stef. I am looking forward to this TR, there are a few things I can't seem to remember :rofl2:

Gee I can't imagine why you suffered any memory loss on this trip. Thank goodness Trevor was paying attention, and I took notes, or I would be as lost as you are. There are still some fuzzy spots.

S70-

You are off to a great start!

I have a "hunch" that I know what your title is all about! ;)

Your photos are great- I am going to have to take a look at that camera.

After hanging out with Stef and Trevor a bit this past weekend, maybe some TCD suspense skills rubbed off on S70!

TCD

:)) I believe your "hunch" is correct!!

Watch Walmart sale ads for my camera. I think it was originally $288.00 and I got it on sale for $248.00.

Getting to spend some time with you and the girls was wonderful. A definite highlight of my trip, and I hope to do it again soon.

Looking forward to the "good stuff!"

Some good stuff coming up very soon! Thanks for reading along.

Yes Ed, blaming Dave works for me!!! Well, except the fact that I believe Dave would have run for the hills had he witnessed what you did, between Fiesty & I. >:D

You and Feisty used an evil influence on me. I disavow doing anything out of line. At most, I was extremely Snarky.

Why does Donnie, Feisty and Toes keep popping up in my memory. "It wasn't me!"

You and Feisty used an evil influence on me. I disavow doing anything out of line. At most, I was extremely Snarky.

Why does Donnie, Feisty and Toes keep popping up in my memory. "It wasn't me!"

YOU didn't do anything out of line. You were a perfect gentlemen despite what was happening around you.

After seeing the title to my report, you may have thought it was going to be action packed trip, maybe some commando style park hopping?

Maybe you thought a few fiends didn't get along and there was a fight involved?

Actually, it was all about the punch...literally. Red hawaiian punch. I will admit, there were a couple of ingredients added to it, but punch was the talk all over Fort Wilderness.

During my Labor day trip, I had made some punch that was ok, but I didn't love it. When both Donnie & Doodle requested I make more for this trip, I did a little tweaking to it.

I started with a base recipe for Dirty Hunch Punch. By the end of the weekend, fiends were giving it its own name.

Voodoo Punch, Mind Erasing Punch, Naked Punch....call it what you like, it was both delicious and dangerous!

Just about the time we pulled into the Fort on Wednesday, Trevor remembers that he left our electric cooler, which the punch jug fits in perfectly, at home. :banghead:

So like any good redneck camper, we improvised!

HalloweenFort2011107.jpg

It worked out great, except that we had to refill it with two bags of ice daily.

Here is the punch in all its glory. (Those are apple slices floating at the top)

HalloweenFort2011108.jpg

Because of the punch circulating around, we now had a theme song for the weekend. If you haven't heard Toby Keiths song "Red Solo Cup" take a minute and check it out on you tube, as I'm sure you can identify with it.

We couldn't help but sing it, and you may see pictures throughout the weekend with red solo cups involved.

So when I left off on Thursday evening, I was feeling better and the punch started flowing. Trevor and I hopped in the cart and headed to Bob & Doodles neighborhood. They were both in the 600 loop. Lorna was there, then Donnie showed up. When it came time for refills, Trevor and I rode with Donnie back to our site. (Keep in mind, my cart was still at Bobs) Donnie then took us over to meet Feisty. OMG! That is one crazy lady, and I loved her from the minute she opened her mouth. I can't even begin to tell you the conversation, because 99% of it is not family forum board material.

Feisty wanted to try the punch, so the four of us went back to my site, where Richie had just backed in to the site 2 down from me. So a bunch of us were now gathering at Lorna & Richies site. Party punch for all!! We were refilling so many cups, Trevor just started carrying the whole jug around and Donnie renamed him Jim Jones. :)) (If you don't know who Jim Jones was, google him)

A short while later, Bob asked me if my cart was at his site. I told him no, our cart is at our site. Not long after that, Trevor reminded me that we needed a ride back to Bob's to pick up our cart...oops! This is obviously where things were starting to get foggy for me.

Donnie drove us back to Bob's, where we dropped Trevor off to get our cart. On the way back to Lorna's, I needed to make a quick pit stop at a comfort station. Donnie whipped off the road, while Trevor zoomed off and left us.

This is where I had my first lesson in the dangers of using a cell phone while driving. Donnie got a call or text, and looked down just long enough to run us into a tree. :popo:

It really was no big deal, a low hanging limb caught the top of his cart, but it did stop us in our tracks. No injuries to us or his cart, all was well. Believe it or not, I'd trust Donnie with my life.

The rest of the evening involved more fiends stopping by, including Ed, Rita & Joanne. Poor Ed was witness to Feisty using my cleavage as a beer holder, some dirty dancing, and a lot of trash talking!!

A great time was had by all, and sooner or later, somehow, I made it back to my site, where Trevor undressed me and put me to bed.

How do you think I felt when I woke up on Friday?

You left out the part where the 'dirty dancing' required music; the music required the :popo: :popo: :siren: ... but all they did was ask us to turn off the music. That did NOT turn off the dancing, however :rofl2: and that's all I will say about that!

HalloweenFort2011055.jpg

I commented on how soft and buttery the pretzels were, so we enjoyed them while we took in the sights.

Those look good! I'd probably love them. Heck, soft and buttery is my middle name!

Donnie drove us back to Bob's, where we dropped Trevor off to get our cart. On the way back to Lorna's, I needed to make a quick pit stop at a comfort station. Donnie whipped off the road, while Trevor zoomed off and left us.

This is where I had my first lesson in the dangers of using a cell phone while driving. Donnie got a call or text, and looked down just long enough to run us into a tree. :popo:

It really was no big deal, a low hanging limb caught the top of his cart, but it did stop us in our tracks. No injuries to us or his cart, all was well. Believe it or not, I'd trust Donnie with my life.

Hmmm, I'm sensing a pattern here. When Donnie took my girls out for a GC ride at Stone Mtn, his wheels flew off. Maybe he's a secret agent for Voldemort, and he's trying to kill us all! :cupcake: