A Fort Halloween That Really Packed A Punch!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post your site when you make it back Heidi - any Fiends around will try to meet up with you!

S70-

My comments on your last post, in no particular order:

1. I like how tall I look when I am standing next to you.

2. Thank you for the gnome. I really like it and it will be on every TCD camping trip in the future. I found the perfect place to store it in the camper, and it is now part of my official equipment.

4. I want to try the buffalo chicken sandwiches the next time you make them.

TCD

1. Yes, everyone looks tall next to me.

2. You're very welcome! I am happy that he can watch over Albert on your future camping trips.

4. Absolutely!

Dancing two nights in a row when alcohol was involved - have you talked to your Doctor about this condition? :rofl2:

No Ed, I think she would just tell me to stop drinking entirely, stop drinking earlier, or just pee sooner. :P

I'm just glad your legs are the only parts that got the sawtooth palmetto treatment.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Amen Dave, Amen.O2FWBlrrgyvXJjWqSokIUY1UqJtk.gif

Lovin' your report! The only thing that would make it better is if we could have been there. Bruce says that Trevor looked particularly hot in that picture on the bus... because he was wearing pants, of course! ;)

I agree 100% Lisa! Trevor and I said the same thing. We missed you guys and can't wait til your trip next year. Please reassure Bruce that Trevor was completely faithful.

So I think I have it figured out. Steph is the sister of Herve Villechaize. You know tattoo from Fantasy Island.

If this wasn't a family board, I would have something to say to that. For now all I will say is I hope you find someone to entertain you, feed you and ply you with booze the next time you're at the Fort.

Man, I can't wait until I can visit the fort. You guys have so much fun.

Michele

Michele, thanks for joining in! Do you have a trip in the works yet? We do have a lot of fun, hell I can have fun with myself. I guess that's the advantage of being an only child. :))

Hope you can join us sometime!

Great to see you again. Great trip report even if it is missing a few things here and there. :rofl2:

Great to see you & Jim also. Thank goodness I took notes for this report, and I have Trevor to help fill in the blanks.

De Punch!! De Punch!!

:rofl3: Good one Ed!

Okay, On with the show! (not that this was really a show, but I'm sure parts of the week were entertaining on some level)

Sunday 10/30

When I woke up on Sunday, the only thing I could think about was food. Seems as if during all of my adventures on Saturday, I missed dinner. I wanted greasy food, preferably prepared by someone else.

We relaxed at camp with some coffee to hold me over until I could find real food. Mason watched the other dogs in the neighborhood take their morning walk.

HalloweenFort2011078.jpg

I then made my morning rounds to check in on fiends. I wanted Trevor to get a group shot at Bob's site.

HalloweenFort2011081.jpg

But Bob got jealous that Doodle leaned in and made it more of a couple's shot, so we took another one.

HalloweenFort2011082.jpg

At this point, I had decided only a greasy hamburger would do for lunch. There are greasy hamburgers all over WDW, which direction did we want to go to find one?

Trevor has one other "must have" at WDW, and it can only be found at Magic Kingdom, so the plan was hatched. Take the boat to MK, have a greasy burger, people watch, hit some shops and get Trevor's favorite treat.

When we arrived at the docks it was so windy, I was happy that I had put a sweatshirt on that morning. Bay lake actually had white caps.

HalloweenFort2011085.jpg

I tried to get a picture of this poor bird whose feathers were flapping in the breeze.

HalloweenFort2011086.jpg

Notice the flag on the front of the boat, and this was while we were still docked.

HalloweenFort2011089.jpg

Here's another ugly self portrait waiting to leave. (Donnie, keep your comments to yourself, I already owe you an ass kicking)

HalloweenFort2011090.jpg

We bee-lined right to Cosmic Rays. While the food is basically the same all over WDW, you really can't beat the view on the patio of Cosmic Rays.

HalloweenFort2011093.jpg

HalloweenFort2011092.jpg

HalloweenFort2011099.jpg

This was the antidote for all the alcohol I had consumed the day before. Ahhh, perfect!

HalloweenFort2011091.jpg

We hadn't planned on doing any rides on this visit, but we were so full after lunch that we rode the People Mover just to let our food digest.

I got a picture of Trev in deep thought...or a food coma.

HalloweenFort2011097.jpg

Here's a couple of photos from our journey.

HalloweenFort2011094.jpg

HalloweenFort2011096.jpg

HalloweenFort2011095.jpg

HalloweenFort2011098.jpg

HalloweenFort2011101.jpg

HalloweenFort2011100.jpg

Since it was Sunday, It was almost time for NASCAR. We strolled through some shops, then made our final stop before heading back.

HalloweenFort2011102.jpg

Trevor's trip was now complete, he had his giant rice krispie treat.

We had to wait for a few minutes for a boat back to the Fort, so I got a picture of the Grand Floridian. A beautiful resort, but too stuffy for my taste.

HalloweenFort2011104.jpg

The whole time I was at MK, I was getting texts requesting more punch for that evening. To accommodate the fiends would require a trip to the liquor and grocery store. Trevor volunteered to go alone, since I had a date with Jimmie Johnson. (Okay it was a tv date, but just let me have my fantasy :) )

While Trevor ventured out for "supplies" I got set up for the race.

HalloweenFort2011105.jpg

HalloweenFort2011106.jpg

Mike & Doodle, and Paula & Jim stopped by for a visit.

HalloweenFort2011109.jpg

Then Donnie & Lou

HalloweenFort2011110.jpg

smiley_singing.gif

Red solo cup, I fill you up,

let's have a party.......

smiley_singing.gif

The fiends were gathering at Lorna's for a birthday dinner, but Trevor and I took the opportunity to spend some alone time. We rode around looking at decorations, went up through the cabin loops, stopped to visit with TCD & the twins, and enjoyed the quiet time.

The cabin pool was completely empty, and the water was so warm I wished I had brought a bathing suit.

HalloweenFort2011114.jpg

HalloweenFort2011115.jpg

I tried to take some night pics of decorations, but I've learned that you must be stone cold sober, and you must stop the cart, or your photos will be blurry.

HalloweenFort2011118.jpg

We weren't home more than 10 minutes when the fiends started drifting over to our site. Some of these fiends (TJ) had been at BATWIT that day, so they weren't in the best of shape. At this point, I wished my screen room was twice the size that it is, since some had to stand outside. Here is stacktester, Total Joker, Angie (peeking around Joker), Tiggerinbama (Kelly) on the left, Missy (Jokers wife) and MLMof5 (Judy) outside the screen.

HalloweenFort2011120.jpg

Slowly but surely, everyone left except for TJ & Missy. Of all the times we've been in the same group with them, this was the first one on one time I'd had. I can only say that these are two of the most kind, warm hearted people you will ever meet, and I look forward to spending time with them again.

We called it a night, and I was starting to feel the go home blues. It's hard enough to leave the Fort, but to leave the fiends was going to make it that much harder.

But tomorrow was Halloween, our last full day, one last hurrah!

HalloweenFort2011110.jpg

smiley_singing.gif

Red solo cup, I fill you up,

let's have a party.......

smiley_singing.gif

Alright, I am sure there are some folks reading along who are completely missing the significance of the Red Solo Cup reference. And, so, I give you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68

That is quite a video.

It sets the Country Music genre back 20 years.

And, in case you can't make out the lyrics, here they are (pure poetry, I tell you):

Now, red solo cup is the best receptacle

For barbecues, tailgates, fairs, and festivals

And you, sir, do not have a pair of testicles

If you prefer drinkin' from glass

Hey, red solo cup is cheap and disposable

And in fourteen years, they are decomposable

And unlike my home, they are not foreclosable

Freddy Mac, can kiss my ass

Whoo!

Red solo cup

I fill you up

Let's have a party

Let's have a party

I love you, red solo cup

I lift you up

Proceed to party

Proceed to party

Now, I really love how you're easy to stack

But I really hate how you're easy to crack

'Cause when beer runs down in front of my pack

Well, that, my friends, is quite yucky

But I have to admit that the ladies get smitten

Admirin' at how sharply my first name is written

On you with a Sharpie when I get to hittin'

When I get to hittin' on them to help me get lucky

Red solo cup

I fill you up

Let's have a party

Let's have a party

I love you, red solo cup

I lift you up

Proceed to party

Proceed to party

Now, I've seen you in blue and I've seen you in yellow

But only you, red, will do for this fellow

'Cause you are the Abbot to my Costello

And you are the Fruit to my Loom

Red solo cup, you're more than just plastic

You're more than amazing, you're more than fantastic

And believe me that I am not the least bit sarcastic

When I look at you and say

Red solo cup, you're not just a cup

(No! No! No! God, no! )

You're my-you're my best friend

(Friend x3; Life-long)

Thank you for being my friend

Red solo cup

I fill you up

Let's have a party

Let's have a party

I love you, red solo cup

I lift you up

Proceed to party

Proceed to party

Red Solo Cup, you are my best friend!

TCD

I am so glad you took notes, there were a few things I did not quite remember. :) All I can say is, I love you and Trevor to pieces, this was proven by the fact that I sat and watched NASCAR with you. I have to say it was more fun watching you as the race came down to the wire. A nervous munchkin is quite a sight to see :rofl2: :heart:

Thanks TCD! Toby Keith is not my favorite country artist (but you know who is :wub: ) but I honestly think anyone can relate to this song. Unlike Beer For My Horses, I Love This Bar, and of course the classic, I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again.

I will give him credit for the stars that he got involved in this video. Roger Clemons, Joe Nichols, Jeff Dunham, Sammy Hagar, Ted Nugent.....etc.

He also sings MUCH better than me.

Thanks TCD! Toby Keith is not my favorite country artist (but you know who is :wub: ) but I honestly think anyone can relate to this song. Unlike Beer For My Horses, I Love This Bar, and of course the classic, I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again.

I will give him credit for the stars that he got involved in this video. Roger Clemons, Joe Nichols, Jeff Dunham, Sammy Hagar, Ted Nugent.....etc.

He also sings MUCH better than me.

That's true- I do know your favorite country singer.

I didn't notice all of the celebrities in the video.

I'll have to watch it again.

And then I'll be singing "Red Solo Cup, I fill you up" for the rest of the day.

Thanks.

Seriously, though, the first line in the song cracks me up! They don't play that part on the radio.

TCD

The Red Solo cup thing is funny. Anytime Cheryle & I was walking around the Fort morning noon or night. If we were drinking water, OJ, Soda, or Rum and Soda would make commits. Cheryle went to Wal-mart one day and they were out of the red cups but had yellow and purple so she got them. NO one said a word to us after that they even let us on the buses. So now I have every color but RED and never get shunned for drinking.

The Red Solo cup thing is funny. Anytime Cheryle & I was walking around the Fort morning noon or night. If we were drinking water, OJ, Soda, or Rum and Soda would make commits. Cheryle went to Wal-mart one day and they were out of the red cups but had yellow and purple so she got them. NO one said a word to us after that they even let us on the buses. So now I have every color but RED and never get shunned for drinking.

The funny thing about those cups is that you aren't fooling anyone by pouring your alcoholic beverage into one.

When we tailgate in Tallahassee and Gainesville, it is supposedly against the law to walk around anywhere with an open container of alcohol. So the Red Solo cups are everywhere. The cops know what is going on, but they just look the other way. I don't know why anyone bothers with the cups, or why it's always red, but that's the way it is.

Same thing at the Fort, too.

TCD

IMHO, NOT that I would know anything about red solo cups, from my NASCAR and Clemson days:

The cops will normally allow tailgating as long as people are not being an @$$. But can easily enforce the laws as needed without much hassle. I.e. we will let you play, but just know we can cuff you in a heart beat, so move along.

But then again, this is mute in the city of Clemson, those A-holes will arrest anyone with or without red cup. However be on University property, all seperated by Hwy 93, and you are good. Urg to the Clemson City Popo!!!!! Commies I tell ya.

IMHO, NOT that I would know anything about red solo cups, from my NASCAR and Clemson days:

The cops will normally allow tailgating as long as people are not being an @$$. But can easily enforce the laws as needed without much hassle. I.e. we will let you play, but just know we can cuff you in a heart beat, so move along.

But then again, this is mute in the city of Clemson, those A-holes will arrest anyone with or without red cup. However be on University property, all seperated by Hwy 93, and you are good. Urg to the Clemson City Popo!!!!! Commies I tell ya.

Yes, I agree that the cops who work college football games let it go, but if things get out of hand, they can easily start enforcement.

I have noticed that the Tallahassee PD is much more hands off that Gainesville's. At FSU games, students walk around carrying 12 packs and cases of beer, and chug it right at the entrances to the stadium. That kind of thing doesn't happen in Gainesville- if they see a beer can, they make you throw it away. But, they let the Red Solo Cups go.

Boo to the Clemson PD!

TCD